1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Drawing slips...

1. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i am doing a booth tomorrow and today i am TRYING to get my 'to do list' accomplished lol way too much stuff that needs to get done...anyways as i was running around i realized that i have no idea what i am going to put the drawing slips in...any ideas the normal basket i use at shows is way too small for this vendor fair...any ideas would be great!! TIA

Oct 15, 2009
  2. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

Do you have either the 8qt or 6qt Stainless Mixing Bowl?

Oct 15, 2009
  3. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

That was my thought...or the Trifle (if it would be stable enough).

Oct 15, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I actually never put anything out for them to put the slips into, unless I have to step away. They have to give ME the slip. I then just glance at it for the purpose of thanking them by their name (Tammy says folks like to hear their own name- so I was on to something there even before I knew it!), but also, in that split second, I can see if they checked anything about the Business or Hosting. If they DID, I can then say "I see you selected ......" and then move on from there.

No one has ever had a problem with giving me the slip. They might look around for something- but then I just put out my hand. I then do the glance, and thank them. If they didn't select anything, I just slip the paper into my apron pocket.

When I started doing THAT...I increased the number of shows I was booking AT THE BOOTH. I get an average of 2-5 bookings at a booth by doing that, instead of just checking the slips LATER and having to play phone tag.

Just a thought.... :)

Oct 15, 2009
  5. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

Bobbi..that is a great idea. I might have to try that at my booth next month. Thanks.

Oct 15, 2009
  6. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i thought about the trifle, but i am already planning on using that to showcase different centerpiece ideas so it is already in use....then i thought about the classic batter bowl? i do not have the stainless mixing bowls yet, ohhh what about one of the colanders?? think that would work?

Oct 15, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Yes, have them hand them to you. At our booth the other weekend, we just used the PC re-usable grocery bag. They handed them to me and then I just placed them in the bag. Since it is not overly obvious that is what is in the bag - they are more likely to hand it to you.

If someone is really interested - but puts the drawing slip in with the others - you may never find them! I make notes on the slips as they hand them to me. What products they were interested in or talked about.

Oct 15, 2009
  8. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

I fill the slips out for them! I can read my handwriting AND I make sure they answer the biz and hosting questions :)

I have used the large batter bowl, 12" skillet and stainless bowls for the PDS before. I like using the stainless bowls the best!

Oct 15, 2009
  9. Shell Northway

Shell Northway Member

I like the idea of them handing you the slips. They have a used "give away" box made out of plastic at Staples. You could always use get that. I then post a picture of the item I am giving away.

10. melindagilbert

melindagilbert Member

The Batter Bowl and Trifle both work great! I use them for my booths, I have the person put there information on the drawing slip, unless they have their hands full, then I will do it. I or they fold it and put it into the bowl, once they walk away I grap it out and write on the back what we had talked about, for example if they loved the snowman plates, when I call them I can say I know you were interested in the snowman plates, they are our host special for the month of the december, you could earn them for free

11. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Another thought would be the large collapsible bowl if you have that. WHen going to the fair you can have it flattened as to not take up much room. I just did a fair and I wore my apron and I put their slips in one pocket. I didn't ask everyone to fill it out - too much tedious work for me. I only go with those that I feel are interested. If your pocket got too full, you can empty it. I kept recipe cards in the other pocket and used my snowman apron to be festive. Just a thought.

Oct 16, 2009
  12. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

I tried drawing slips when I was a kid, but the Old Man said I should be drawing cars or landscapes, he didn't think I should be drawing lingerie.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted