• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Drawing Slips for Shows - a Hassle or Worth It?

C
chelynn
Honestly, they kind of annoy me. :eek: The customers have already written down all their information on the sales receipt, and there are the same boxes on the receipt as on the slips! Can't I just talk about it there and do some other sort of game for a giveaway?

Do you use them for Customer Care Calls, etc.?

Now is where I say I've only done one show and don't know anything yet, LOL!

The door slips are invaluable because they are done at the point in the show when the guests will be most tempted to host their own. You have to do them after you've gotten them to like you, after you've planted all your booking and recruiting seeds.

The boxes on the sales receipt are almost always ignored, or filled out with NO's at the beginning of the show before anyone is tempted to book their own.

I agree.... I do the drawing slips at the end of the show. Everyone will mark NO, NO, NO at the beginning of the show, but after they have seen your work, they may say, I think I will.

I also keep a lead book and use the drawing slips for the lead book. Here is the link to that thread.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=18044

I think it is easier to keep all the slips in a book than all the receipts.

Here is another way to keep some of the info from another thread

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=19553

Hope this helps.

At the risk of getting flogged down.....
I have to agree. I hate the DPDS and never use them except at fairs and booths, and a couple in my wallet to get peoples info when I am out and about. I don't want them to write everything twice and I hated having them here, I don't like paper clutter.
That being said.
Since you are just starting out I would use them for the first 3 months ( 12 shows) Then decide if they are useful to your business or not.
That is what I did. when I decided not to use them anymore is when I switched to my current system. They don't get a reciept till the end they get a book that they can keep and write in. When they check out I always ask everyone myself, so I felt I didn't need the slips. :)

I don't think I can live with out them. I have ALL of my slips form the past 71/2 years . every once in a while if I have a low in bookings I go throught them . Yes I have gotthen bookings from very old ones. one time a woman gave me her daughters name cause she just bought a house , well 1400.00 from some one that said maybe on a slip 3years ago.
Last year when I went to NC I had nothing on my Sept calender , when I came home I called from those slips well I hadmy frist 8000.00 month .
Some time you just either forget the maybes or havent gotten in touch with thm so they get put aside . that's why I hold on to them.
tou don't have to give away alot a SB or paring knife is great they love to get anything FREE.

Paige Dixon said:
The door slips are invaluable because they are done at the point in the show when the guests will be most tempted to host their own. You have to do them after you've gotten them to like you, after you've planted all your booking and recruiting seeds.

The boxes on the sales receipt are almost always ignored, or filled out with NO's at the beginning of the show before anyone is tempted to book their own.

I agree! When using these slips, go through them step by step with your guests actually reading the questions. Collect them and draw a prize. Tell them that you use this information to double check what's on their order form (this is no lie for me. . .often I can read a number/letter in one spot and not in another). Oh, I also ask them to put their birthday where it asks for date. One of these days I'll use the collected B-day information for some type of promotion.

Bit of a disclaimer here, the new slips are awful. I suggest you check out slips created by other Chef Success folk or use the format of the old ones. The difference? The new slips don't give us any information about that person's level of interest. Don't know what home office was thinking when they made this change.

What did the old ones have that the new ones don't? I've never seen them. :)

The old ones had Yes Maybe No. So if someone checked maybe, you'd know that they were a little interested, and could address whatever concerns they had.

Belinda says that Maybe is "yeah, but talk me into it". They are almost ALWAYS a yes.

I agree maybe's can always mean a yes , sometime people just are not sure but then when you talk to them they sayyes and set a date
I also agree the new slips are awful

Another point is that not everyone orders at a party, so the DPDS can be the only link you have back to that person.

I use the DPDS at every show, right after I am done with the recipe and I pass them out , make them flip it over and we play a little game, I never have anyone who answers the questions on the sales receipts. Just fills in their name and address.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I use the DPDS at every show, right after I am done with the recipe and I pass them out , make them flip it over and we play a little game, I never have anyone who answers the questions on the sales receipts. Just fills in their name and address.
what game do you play?

I don't like the DPDS from PC - but I use this - called a Guest Care Card - I like this much better!

Attachments

• Guest Care Card.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 392
I agree with Becky. The GCC is easier to "talk" people into a show or the opp. If they mark down that they are a 7 at hosting - I simply ask them what it would take to get them to a 10...It WORKS!!

I play Queen of the Shoppers game with them. They use the back of the DPDS to keep track of their points.

I agree! I detest the new slips.
But...I would never do a show without them.
I just started saying at my shows that I'll ask them later if them later how I can help them, and the slips are just for the drawing.
I get the definate leads fom those and then I'll get more from asking everyone else.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't like the DPDS from PC - but I use this - called a Guest Care Card - I like this much better!

I really like your GCC... thanks for posting!

Here's another vote against the new slips! I have to wonder how many possible shows are getting lost because the guest wasn't provided the comfort of checking 'maybe'.

(I know we should be asking each guest individually during check out...I also know that sometimes it doesn't happen...too hectic, guests in a rush, etc)

Thanks for posting the guest care cards...I want to try those! :)

I use them at every show and fair I do. (I do forget to keep some in my purse though - good tip!) As someone said, they are invaluable to get info from those that don't order or combine orders. I do not usually look at them before I get home and I do ask everyone. I love seeing how many say no on the slip and book a party when I ask - it is a high percentage! It's also funny to see how many say "I can't right now. Maybe later." and what they mean is "not in the next 2 weeks but next month is good."

I used to use them, but I've stopped. I am a paper hoarder and my office is atrocious! When I am making those calls that (I can't remember your name with 8 years in the business) she mentioned earlier I just go back through my Pampered Partner and call everyone from the show. Although that is a good point about people coming and not ordering or combining orders. I most definitely use them at a fair or booth. In my purse I bought a mini notebook that I have people write down their information on while I'm out (I have a ton of papers flying around in my purse, too...so all those DPDS would get lost or smashed or coated in chocolate or bubble gum). Using the notebook helps me keep it all in one place. It is about 2" x 4".

pamperedlinda said:
what game do you play?

I do not have the game in front of me, but it starts this isn't the order of the game either.
I wonder who traveled from a far give yourself 5 points if you came by car,
their is a total of 20 questions and the last one is now we are not quite finished, I will give you 30 points for a special VIP if you will host a show with me.

When I find the game I will post it for every one.

Drawing SlipsI don't like them. I use a composition notebook as my guest log and bring it to every show. I have guests pass it around and sign their name address and phone and email. When it comes back around to me I know evryone's name by where they are sitting, or who they are next to. Now I have all those names in a book for future use whether they buy or not. For a door prize, I number each name in order and ask the hostess to give me a number from 1-however many there are. That person whose # she says wins the prize. Since I ask every person to book I don't need the slips. I never had time to look at them anyway till after the show.

mary64 said:
I don't like them. I use a composition notebook as my guest log and bring it to every show. I have guests pass it around and sign their name address and phone and email. When it comes back around to me I know evryone's name by where they are sitting, or who they are next to. Now I have all those names in a book for future use whether they buy or not. For a door prize, I number each name in order and ask the hostess to give me a number from 1-however many there are. That person whose # she says wins the prize. Since I ask every person to book I don't need the slips. I never had time to look at them anyway till after the show.

Did you get this idea from Christie Northrup, the Lemonade Lady? It sounds like something I read in one of her books. I considered doing this because I hate doing the drawing slip thing.

I like the drawing slips. This is where I get most of my contact info from and answers about bookings. People at my shows are not good at filling out the entire order form but when I tell them they will go into a drawing for a prize if the drawing slip is COMPLETELY filled out then they do it. I would not get a lot of my info if I did not use these.

jrstephens said:
I like the drawing slips. This is where I get most of my contact info from and answers about bookings. People at my shows are not good at filling out the entire order form but when I tell them they will go into a drawing for a prize if the drawing slip is COMPLETELY filled out then they do it. I would not get a lot of my info if I did not use these.

I mostly just get the top filled out & no one checks the bottom choices (I have the new slips without any questions).

Drawing slips are my business even though I have so much paper in my office...Don't put a match near it or it might burn down the whole house.

I say towards the end of my shw after the food is ready..."now, in order to have this delicious dessert, you need to fill out this meal ticket. You can win a citrus peeler so put your name, etc...."

I always tell my guests to write just their name on the order form because I have a customer service slip they will fill out later.

Then, when I hand out the guest slips, I tell them this is your customer service slip -- I need all your info for your warranty and it is also where I learn how I can best serve you! So, I need you to tell me what you would like from me:

1) to come over and give you a shopping spree just for having a few friends over.

2) to provide more info about how PC could work alongside your family and current obligations

3) for info on our incredible wedding registry program which works much like our hostess program

4) how to raise funds for your organization

and last but not least I'd like to know which items you have on your wish list that you want to be alerted about when they go on special.

Pamperedgirl, yes I do alot from her book. I like her website,too.

1. Are drawing slips necessary for shows or events?

It really depends on the purpose of the event and the goals of the organizer. Drawing slips can be a useful way to collect contact information from attendees for future follow-up, but they are not essential for all events. Some organizers may choose to use alternative methods such as scanning tickets or having attendees fill out online forms.

2. Do drawing slips add extra work for event staff?

Drawing slips do add an extra step in the process of collecting contact information from attendees, but they can also provide a more organized and efficient way of managing the information. It may require some initial setup and training for staff, but once the process is in place, it should not be a significant hassle.

3. Can't the information on drawing slips be collected through other means?

Yes, the same information can be collected through other methods such as filling out forms online, scanning tickets, or using the sales receipt. However, drawing slips can be a more tangible and interactive way for attendees to participate in a giveaway or raffle, and they also provide a physical record that can be easily referenced later on.

4. Are there any additional benefits to using drawing slips besides collecting contact information?

Aside from collecting contact information, drawing slips can also be used for customer care calls or other follow-up initiatives. They can also serve as a way to engage attendees and build excitement for a giveaway or raffle, potentially increasing attendance and participation at future events.

5. As a scientist, do you have any recommendations for alternative methods to drawing slips?

As a scientist, I believe in constantly evaluating and improving processes. If drawing slips are causing more hassle than they are worth, then it may be worth exploring alternative methods. Some suggestions could be using digital forms for attendees to fill out on their phones, using QR codes to collect information, or incorporating interactive games or activities for giveaways instead of traditional drawing slips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
melissasutkus
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies