• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Dr. Phil Viewing Party: Ideas for Food?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a flyer for a Dr. Phil show, where the host was looking for food ideas and recipes. It was mentioned that the Dr. Phil diet plan restricts food choices, but the book with meal plans does not provide recipes. The show's theme was about fixing kitchen utensils and guests were invited to bring in a troublesome tool for a chance to win a replacement item at a discounted price. It was clarified that the host is not following the Dr. Phil diet, but is a fan of his advice and TV show. The conversation ended with a question about how the show went and a request for recipe ideas.
PCAbby
I found the flyer for a Dr Phil show and offered it to my host who loves Dr. Phil. Anyone done one of these? Any ideas for food? The host is not really a chocolate person (not sure whats wrong with her! :) )

I have the food guide book. I could send you some of the daily food that you are allowed to have, but you would have to look up recipes somewhere. The book tells you what you are allowed to eat, but no recipes.

? I sure didnt follow that answer. :confused:

She wanted food ideas. If she is going with the Dr. Phil diet plan, they are restricted as to what they can eat. I have the book that gives meal plans, but they do not give recipes. For example you may be allowed baked fish, since that is all they say you would have to research a recipe for baked fish to make it work with the demo.

The theme show (as posted in a flyer somewhere on this site) is that we will be "fixing" guests difficulties with their kitchen utensils. Guests are asked to bring in a kitchen tool that is giving them difficulty, and then we will show them how they can replace it with a PC item. Anyone who brings an old tool will be placed in a drawing to recieve a replacement tool for 20 % off.
I don't think the host is following Dr PHils diet, she just likes his advice and TV show

That is what I was thinking PCAbby, then when that answer with the diet and following it came in I was confused.

still looking for some ideas........... show is 12/2

How did the show go?Hi PCAbby! Just wondering how that show went and what you did for a recipe. I have a show this weekend with the Dr. Phil theme. Thanks! :D

1. What types of food should I serve at a Dr. Phil viewing party?

When it comes to hosting a Dr. Phil viewing party, it's important to keep the food simple and easy to eat. Finger foods, appetizers, and bite-sized snacks are all great options. You can also incorporate some comfort foods that are mentioned frequently on the show, such as mac and cheese or chicken pot pie.

2. How much food should I prepare for a Dr. Phil viewing party?

The amount of food you should prepare will depend on the number of guests you are expecting. As a general rule, plan for about 5-6 bites per person per hour. It's always better to have a little extra food than not enough, so don't be afraid to make a few extra servings.

3. Are there any specific dishes that would be perfect for a Dr. Phil viewing party?

Some popular dishes that are perfect for a Dr. Phil viewing party include mini meatball sliders, veggie and dip platters, and mini quiches. You can also get creative and come up with your own spin on some of Dr. Phil's favorite foods, like a "Dr. Phil's Famous Fried Pickles" dish.

4. Should I offer alcoholic beverages at a Dr. Phil viewing party?

It's ultimately up to you as the host, but it's important to keep in mind that Dr. Phil himself promotes a sober and healthy lifestyle. If you do choose to serve alcohol, be sure to also offer non-alcoholic options and encourage responsible drinking.

5. Can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into the food for the viewing party?

Definitely! Pampered Chef has a variety of products that are perfect for serving and preparing food for a viewing party. For example, you can use our mini muffin pan to make bite-sized treats, or our mix 'n chop to quickly and easily prepare ground meat for sliders or other dishes. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Christa
  • LI Chick
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Blondechick
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies