• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biz Advice for Recovering from Surgery: Working Through June

In summary, for those who may be facing a similar situation, it is important to reach out to your team and utilize social media and online platforms to continue promoting your business during your down time. Additionally, consider offering special promotions and communicate with your customers about your situation. Best of luck with your surgery!
pcladyofms
I am going to be having surgery on May 31. I will be completely down for the month of June. Anybody have any suggestions on how to continue to work my biz for that month?

I fractured my ankle at the end of January and was facing the same situation. I sent out a mystery show email to my contacts and closed a $1000 show for Feb. I had 2 participants "win" free shows so I was set for March when I was no longer housebound. You will find that people love to help. Best of luck with your surgery.

Letting everyone know that you're going to be out of commission but that they can still order or do catalog shows worked well for me when I had surgery a few years ago.Plus, be sure to use your down time to get your scheduled filled for when you are back in action.

I was down for 8 weeks with preeclampsia & then recovering from a c-section. I stayed active with catalog shows. I agree, get on the phone & start notifying potential hosts that you will be having surgery and are looking for volunteers to host a catalog show in June or a cooking show in July to help you get back in the swing of your business. I'm sure you'll get some volunteers! :D

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you will be having surgery on May 31. I hope everything goes well for you and that you have a speedy recovery. In terms of your business, there are a few things you can do to continue working during your down time. First, you can reach out to your team members and see if anyone is able to assist you during the month of June. They can help with hosting parties, taking orders, and other tasks that may need to be done. Additionally, you can utilize social media and online platforms to continue promoting your business and keeping in touch with your customers. You can also consider offering special promotions or discounts during this time to keep your business active. Lastly, be sure to communicate with your customers and let them know about your situation. They will appreciate your transparency and understanding. Take care and best of luck with your surgery!

1. How soon after surgery can I return to work?

The amount of time it takes to recover from surgery varies for each individual. It is important to listen to your doctor's recommendations and allow your body enough time to heal before returning to work. Consult with your surgeon to determine the best timeline for your specific surgery.

2. What accommodations should I request from my employer during my recovery?

Depending on the type of surgery you have undergone, you may need to request accommodations from your employer such as a modified work schedule or the ability to work from home. Discuss your needs with your employer and provide any necessary documentation from your doctor.

3. How can I manage my workload during my recovery period?

It is important to communicate with your colleagues and supervisor about your surgery and the expected recovery time. Prioritize your tasks and delegate any non-essential responsibilities to others if possible. It may also be helpful to plan ahead and complete any important tasks before your surgery.

4. How can I stay organized and on top of my work while recovering?

Utilize tools such as a planner or calendar to keep track of important deadlines and meetings. Consider setting reminders on your phone or computer to help you stay on top of tasks. Additionally, communicate with your colleagues about any updates or changes in your workload.

5. How can I manage my pain and discomfort while working?

Make sure to take any prescribed pain medications as directed by your doctor. It may also be helpful to take breaks throughout the day to rest and stretch. Consider using ergonomic tools, such as a standing desk or wrist support, to help alleviate any discomfort while working.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • carlajanes