• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder

In summary, the ingredients for Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder are 4 large russet potatoes, 6 slices of bacon, 1 small onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. To make the chowder, cook bacon, sauté onion and garlic, add potatoes and broth, simmer until tender, mash potatoes, stir in cream and bacon, season with salt and pepper, and top with cheese. It can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, or frozen for later use. It can be served with bread, salad, or grilled cheese sandwiches
kam
Staff member
I have a customer asking about doubling the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder recipe.

I have never made it - so I don't know how full the DCB is while making this. Has anyone successfully doubled it in the DCB?

My first thought is to tell her to make the first batch and put it in a crock pot and then make the second batch and then add it to the crock pot.

Would the recipe "hold" in a crock pot?

THANKS!

One recipe pretty much fills the DCB. Not sure about the crock pot "hold", but probably would work.

Agree with cochef - there is not enough room in the DCB to double this recipe.
Yes, I think holding it in a crock pot on lowest setting would work fine.

Thanks! :)

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out about the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder recipe. I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit with my customers. As for doubling the recipe in the DCB, it is definitely possible. The DCB can hold up to 16 cups of liquid, so you should have enough room for a double batch. However, I would recommend not filling it all the way to the top, as the soup will expand while cooking.

Another option is to make the first batch in the DCB and then transfer it to a slow cooker to keep warm while you make the second batch. The soup should hold well in a slow cooker, just make sure to keep it on the low or warm setting.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. What are the ingredients for Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

The ingredients for Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder are:

• 4 large russet potatoes
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

2. How do I make Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

To make Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder:

1. Cook the bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crispy. Remove from pot and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, sauté chopped onion and minced garlic until softened.
  3. Add diced potatoes and broth to the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until potatoes are tender.
  4. Mash some of the potatoes in the pot to thicken the chowder.
  5. Stir in heavy cream and cooked bacon. Let simmer for a few more minutes.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

3. Can I make Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat on the stove or in the microwave.

4. Can I freeze Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

Yes, you can freeze Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. Let it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.

5. What can I serve with Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

Doubling Loaded Baked Potato Chowder is delicious on its own, but you can pair it with some crusty bread or a side salad for a more filling meal. It also goes well with some grilled cheese sandwiches for a cozy and comforting meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovescooking
  • Meigs