• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Party? How to Decide If You Need to Double Your Recipe

In summary, My party tomorrow night, the host is expecting 11 women (who will also be bringing their Significant Others---there will be a St. Patty's Day party after the PC part is done.) We are making the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza and the Mango Salsa w/ chips. She's also going to have some fresh fruit/veggies to put in my C&S Tray.
babywings76
Gold Member
My party tomorrow night, the host is expecting 11 women (who will also be bringing their Significant Others---there will be a St. Patty's Day party after the PC part is done.) We are making the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza and the Mango Salsa w/ chips. She's also going to have some fresh fruit/veggies to put in my C&S Tray.

Question she asked me is if we need to make 2 pizzas. I don't want to bring 2 stones, and I'm not sure if she has one. The pizza can be cut into 15 servings, but that won't be enough if the guys want a taste. I don't think it'll be hard to make 2 pizzas, it's just the point of making double and needing a 2nd stone. So what would you do?

I'm thinking that if I agree to this, then it will HAVE to be a full interactive demo. I do not want to stand there doing this and feeling like a caterer. KWIM?

if she is going to have other food for the St Patty's Day party, then just slice the ONE Pizza into smaller slices for a taste, and they have some salsa and veggies and that's it!
15 slices for the bar pan- seems like you could get more. Those are big pieces. (like 3"x3", yes?) Go for 2"x2" and try to get 24 (cutting 4 rows lengthwise, and 6 on the short side?)Just my thought- without the pan in front of me.

If the significant others are there for the after-party then I don't think you should be expected to make double the food. I like the idea of cutting small pieces, then there might be enough left for them to try. Sometimes I really go above and beyond for someone that has been good for my business, but I can't always afford to (cost and effort).

Instead of a whole second pizza I'd maybe make a dip with a rub or do a sauce over cream cheese, or the oil dipping seasoning with bread. Show off another product rather than do two of the same recipe which really is just you feeding extra people. You are not there to feed her after-party. At the end of the day though you have to do what makes you comfortable. Good luck!

If you were going to get double the number of orders, then maybe think about more food. But you're not. You're right, you are not her caterer. She's choosing to have the SOs there and entertain them. I've had several shows where not everyone samples the recipe. Cut them 2"x2" and leave it at that. I usually don't even cut the whole pizza, just get it started. That way they have to try the pizza cutter and it leaves them to figure out what portion size they want.

If you are doing the veggies in your C&S, I'd make 2 dips with 2 rubs so you help promote the 2 free rubs this month with their $60 purchase!!! My personal favorites are the smokey bbq and now the chili lime!!! I wouldn't double the pizza if the spouses are just there for the after party.

Totally agree with everyone else!! The pizzas serve a lot even just by themselves. You are technically already doing a 2nd recipe if you are doing the mango salsa.

Unless she has asked for the pizza, why not do a Chicken Your Way with the rubs and put a pot of rice in the rice cooker? You'd have 4-6 chicken breasts and tha't'd give many a taste. This will be a hard one to not look like the caterer. Option #3 would be to have 90% of all chopping and assembly done, talk about it and do the last little bit in front of folks.Be sure to talk to the guys. Maybe start by making them a MFP or busy food chopper salsa with veggie weger 2 bits of red onion, pearl or grape tomatoes, jalapeno or 2, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, previously prepared tortilla chips w/ southwest or chipotle or chili lime rub. Guys will give wives permission to buy more than if wives were there alone. At my first couples show (I was a guest, I bought 4 stones in addition to my wife's order of a couple scrapers) 10 years ago! Pay attention to the guys too.

Oops, forgot to come back to this thread and update. I only did one pizza and the Mango Salsa. The host planned for some other snacks and food for the guys that would be coming. The guys hung out in the kitchen and eating area (we stole the table and brought it out into the living room for the party) drinking beer and visiting w/ each other. I cut the pizza into many more pieces than the 15, so it was fine. They all LOVED the pizza and the salsa. Everything went well and they had a good time.

Glad to hear all went well at your show!
Just wanted to say when I have done super huge parties like 20+ people, and made 2 pizzas, I just cook one pizza before everyone arrives.....then I have everything for the 2nd pizza ready to go as soon as the guests arrive!

I don't really double recxipes either... people are normally expecting a taste testing, not a full meal and my hosts always have stuff besides what I make.

1. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy! Simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your party. Your consultant will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to successfully host your party, including invitations, recipes, and product information.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products. As a host, you can earn free products based on the sales from your party, as well as discounted items based on the number of guests who attend. It's also a fun way to get together with friends and family and learn new cooking techniques!

3. How do I decide if I need to double a recipe?

The decision to double a recipe depends on a few factors, such as the number of people you are cooking for and how much leftovers you want. Generally, if you are cooking for a large group or want to have leftovers, it's a good idea to double the recipe. You can also use the Pampered Chef serving size chart to determine how many servings a recipe will make.

4. What are the best Pampered Chef products to use for doubling recipes?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are perfect for doubling recipes. The Deep Covered Baker and the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven are both great for making larger portions of soups, stews, and casseroles. The Executive Nonstick Double Burner Grill is perfect for cooking larger quantities of meats and vegetables. And the Stoneware Bar Pan is great for doubling baked goods and desserts.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party if I don't have a large kitchen or cooking space?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties can be hosted in any size kitchen or cooking space. Your consultant will work with you to find the best setup for your party, whether it's in your kitchen, dining room, or even outside. The important thing is to have a fun and comfortable space for you and your guests to enjoy the party and learn about Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • lt1jane