• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is PC Charging Me Twice for Insurance? Understanding Double Insurance

In summary, the person tried to call HO but was told they needed to talk to financial services. They were told that the deductions were for the month of May and June and not for earlier months.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me why PC would charge me twice for insurance.

I received commission checks and was active every month since April. Only difference is that I submitted my show on June 17 so no mid-month commission.

Sounds like a glitch. Insurance is always deducted from the month-end commission payment (paid on the 8th). The only time it should be deducted twice in one month is when you didn't submit any sales in a month, so that month's is deducted the next time you have commissions.

Did you maybe submit all of your shows before mid-month last month? Like Ann said, insurance is deducted out of the month-end commission check, and if all of your commission was paid in the mid-month check, then the insurance would roll over to the next month-end check.

Here's how my shows basically went:March 29 show: Submitted April 1 on purpose b/c I wanted to be active in the new plan.April 30 show: Submitted around May 5 ... host wanted the April specials.June 1 show: Submitted June 17So while I wasn't as active as I could have been, I did have commission paid in April, May and now June.I tried to call HO and they said I need to talk to financial services ... can't do that b/c I'm at work and house-sitting for friends.

Ok, so you got paid on May 22nd for your May show. They would not have deducted your insurance out of your mid-month check, and since that was your only show, you wouldn't have gotten paid more on your check June 8th. So on your July 8th check they are deducting an extra $2, because there wasn't a June 8th check to deduct it from.

Make sense?

No, it really doesn't make sense, though I feel a bit silly making a big deal out of $2.They DID deduct insurance from my mid-month checks in both April and May. (they also deducted three times for insurance from my February month-end check, because January's only business was a personal order, so they didn't deduct from that.) So that's a total of seven deductions for this calendar year. (They also deducted insurance from December's mid-month.)

Each insurance deduction has a code next to it to identify which month it's for. My 07/08/2009 check has an insurance deduction marked ID0609, which is the insurance for June 2009. Check those codes on your commission statements, and you'll probably see that HO has only charged you once for each month.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Here's how my shows basically went:

March 29 show: Submitted April 1 on purpose b/c I wanted to be active in the new plan. You would have been paid April 22, probably got a deduction for March, and any months prior to that that you may not have paid for.

April 30 show: Submitted around May 5 ... host wanted the April specials. Would have been paid May 22nd, insurance deduction for April (because you didn't have a May 8th check to deduct April from)

June 1 show: Submitted June 17 Paid July 8th, deduction for June insurance, and May insurance, because there was no June 8th check to deduct May from.

So while I wasn't as active as I could have been, I did have commission paid in April, May and now June.

I tried to call HO and they said I need to talk to financial services ... can't do that b/c I'm at work and house-sitting for friends.

How's that?

Thanks for the info on the codes ... called HO before I saw it.

This month's deduction was for May and June.

May's deduction was for April.

April's deduction was for March

And so on ...

1. Why am I being charged twice for insurance by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers two types of insurance coverage for our consultants: basic liability insurance and optional additional coverage. If you have both types of insurance, you may see two separate charges on your account.

2. Can I opt out of one of the insurance charges?

While basic liability insurance is required for all consultants, you can choose to decline the optional additional coverage. However, we highly recommend that you keep both types of insurance for maximum protection.

3. Will I be reimbursed if I have to pay for insurance twice?

If you accidentally paid for insurance twice, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We may be able to issue a refund or credit for the duplicate charge.

4. Is the insurance coverage provided by Pampered Chef enough?

Pampered Chef's insurance coverage meets the minimum requirements for consultants, but it may not be enough to fully protect you in the event of a claim. We recommend that you review your personal insurance policies and consider additional coverage if necessary.

5. How do I know if I have both types of insurance?

You can check your insurance coverage by logging into your Pampered Chef account and going to the "Insurance" section. If you see two separate policies listed, you have both types of insurance. If you only see one policy, you may have opted out of the additional coverage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
martyskitchen
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies