1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Double insurance??

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me why PC would charge me twice for insurance.

I received commission checks and was active every month since April. Only difference is that I submitted my show on June 17 so no mid-month commission.

2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Sounds like a glitch. Insurance is always deducted from the month-end commission payment (paid on the 8th). The only time it should be deducted twice in one month is when you didn't submit any sales in a month, so that month's is deducted the next time you have commissions.

Jul 8, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Did you maybe submit all of your shows before mid-month last month? Like Ann said, insurance is deducted out of the month-end commission check, and if all of your commission was paid in the mid-month check, then the insurance would roll over to the next month-end check.

Jul 9, 2009
  4. Intrepid_Chef

Here's how my shows basically went:

March 29 show: Submitted April 1 on purpose b/c I wanted to be active in the new plan.

April 30 show: Submitted around May 5 ... host wanted the April specials.

June 1 show: Submitted June 17

So while I wasn't as active as I could have been, I did have commission paid in April, May and now June.

I tried to call HO and they said I need to talk to financial services ... can't do that b/c I'm at work and house-sitting for friends.

5. NooraK

Ok, so you got paid on May 22nd for your May show. They would not have deducted your insurance out of your mid-month check, and since that was your only show, you wouldn't have gotten paid more on your check June 8th. So on your July 8th check they are deducting an extra $2, because there wasn't a June 8th check to deduct it from.

Make sense?

Jul 9, 2009
  6. Intrepid_Chef

No, it really doesn't make sense, though I feel a bit silly making a big deal out of $2.

They DID deduct insurance from my mid-month checks in both April and May. (they also deducted three times for insurance from my February month-end check, because January's only business was a personal order, so they didn't deduct from that.) So that's a total of seven deductions for this calendar year. (They also deducted insurance from December's mid-month.)

7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Each insurance deduction has a code next to it to identify which month it's for. My 07/08/2009 check has an insurance deduction marked ID0609, which is the insurance for June 2009. Check those codes on your commission statements, and you'll probably see that HO has only charged you once for each month.

Jul 9, 2009
  8. NooraK

How's that?

Jul 9, 2009
  9. Intrepid_Chef

Thanks for the info on the codes ... called HO before I saw it.

This month's deduction was for May and June.

May's deduction was for April.

April's deduction was for March

And so on ...

Jul 10, 2009
Have something to add?