• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Chocolate Swirl Bread? Old Recipe

In summary, the host is attempting to make a double chocolate swirl bread with the help of an almond and white chocolate morsel mixture and a refrigerated French bread dough. She has trouble with the directions and does not have the rotary grater or mini loaf pan to grate the chocolate chips. She may try to make it on a regular bar pan instead and hope for the best.
MaryannNic
Has anyone made this before? I'm doing it for a show tomorrow. The host said it is her favorite recipe from pampered chef. I don't have the rotary grater. How would I grate the chocolate chips? I also don't have the mini loaf pan. I'm going to attempt it on a regular bar pan and hope it turns out just as good. It just seems like a lot of work for a show recipe. :yuck:

Double Chocolate Swirl Bread
Ingredients:
Bread

1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, chopped
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated, divided

Chocolate Drizzle

1/2 cup white or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Additional sliced almonds or white chocolate morsels (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. For bread, lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and white chocolate morsels; place in Classic Batter Bowl.

2. Unroll one package of the bread dough on lightly floured surface; do not stretch. Lightly beat egg white and water in Small Batter Bowl; brush dough with a portion of the egg white mixture. Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels evenly over dough. Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture; roll lightly with Baker's Roller®, pressing mixture into dough.

3. Unroll remaining package of bread dough directly over first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal. Brush dough lightly with a portion of the egg white mixture. Grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough. Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture; roll lightly with Baker's Roller.

4. Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; pinch edge to seal. Slice roll into four equal portions; place seam side down in pan. Make deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg white mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.

5. For chocolate drizzle, place chocolate morsels and oil in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Do not overheat.) Drizzle over loaves; sprinkle with additional almonds or chocolate morsels, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

You can chop the chips with the food chopper - even in the last step.
Ask your host or someone in your cluster if they have the mini loaf pan.

Omg! I tried to make this and screw it up something awful! I just don't understand the directions I guess. I can't grate or chop the chocolate, even in the manual food processor. The chocolate burned in the small micro cooker. I rolled it up all wrong and it just looked like a huge ball of dough. I may just ask the host if I can make something else. This will be a mess if I do it!

Yikes! Yeah, I would not want to go into a demo with that experience, either!
Have something specific to offer your host. If she wants that recipe she could make it before hand. I would just tell her what you posted here!

I always melt chocolate on 50% power in the micro and check often. Once you burn chocolate you have to throw the whole batch out.

LOVE this! Fairly easy to do. I do not chop the chocolate though...I use mini chips! =)

Isn't the mini loaf pan a stoneware piece? Why do directions state to spray with nonstick cooking spray??

Hi there! I have made this recipe before and it is absolutely delicious! I highly recommend it for your show tomorrow. As for grating the chocolate chips, you can use a regular cheese grater or even a food processor if you have one. And for the mini loaf pan, you can use a regular bar pan or even a muffin tin if you have one. It may seem like a lot of work, but trust me, it is worth it for the end result! Your host will love it and your guests will be impressed. Good luck with your show! :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Double Chocolate Swirl Bread?

To make this delicious bread, you will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for this recipe. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate chips.

3. How long does it take to bake the Double Chocolate Swirl Bread?

The baking time for this bread is approximately 50-60 minutes at 350°F. However, it is always recommended to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready.

4. Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to this bread?

Yes, you can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or any other mix-ins to enhance the flavor and texture of the bread. Just make sure to fold them in gently before pouring the batter into the loaf pan.

5. How should I store the Double Chocolate Swirl Bread?

The bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep it longer, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months by wrapping it in foil or plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rkcreations
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rkcreations
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl