• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Burner Griddle Problems: Advice Needed

In summary, the best type of cookware to use on a double burner griddle is non-stick cookware to prevent food from sticking and make clean-up easier. To prevent food from burning on the edges, make sure to preheat the griddle evenly and adjust the heat accordingly. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on a double burner griddle, as they can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. When cleaning, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth with mild soap and avoid harsh chemicals or steel wool. Warping or bowing of the griddle could be due to overheating or sudden temperature changes, so it is important to use the griddle on recommended heat settings and avoid placing it in
FFBearPChef
Does anyone had problem with the Double Burner Griddle?

My Jan host got a DBG and find scratch just used once (using nylon spatula and hand washing it). She returned it and got a new one last week. She is happy that the new one looked great!

However she used last night and it got deep scratches. She said all she did was cooked some dumplings and hand wash with nothing but hot water, soap and rubber gloves. She didn't had problems with other Exe. cookwares that she used everyday. She said: "I am afraid to use it because the scratched part might start peeling and we might be eating Teflon, and it would defeat the investment in a lifetime warranty." She is wondering why and does the coating make differently from other executive cookware?

Any advice?

What kind of utensils is she using on it?The pan is guaranteed not to flake and peel (and it's not teflon!) so the little scratches won't make a difference. Mine have visible "scratches" from cooking on them but not gouges. It's hard to describe.

I have had mine more than 5 years. I have no scratches on it at all. Not even fine ones. We use it a lot - pancakes, grilled cheese, bacon...

She used nylon spatula, but I guess it's not the PC one!!:)

FFBearPChef said:
She used nylon spatula, but I guess it's not the PC one!!:)

Maybe that's a reason for her to buy the PC Spatula. Just tell her that you've never heard of anyone else having issue when they used it if they use the PC Spatula.

What is the best type of cookware to use on a double burner griddle?

The best type of cookware to use on a double burner griddle is non-stick cookware. This will prevent food from sticking and make clean-up easier.

Why is my food burning on the edges of the griddle?

This could be due to uneven heat distribution on the griddle. Make sure to preheat the griddle evenly and adjust the heat accordingly. You can also try rotating the pan periodically while cooking.

Can I use metal utensils on a double burner griddle?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on a double burner griddle as they can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use wooden or silicone utensils.

How do I clean a double burner griddle?

Allow the griddle to cool down before cleaning. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth and mild soap to clean the griddle. Do not use harsh chemicals or steel wool as they can damage the surface. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft towel.

Why is my griddle warping or bowing?

This could be due to overheating the griddle or exposing it to sudden temperature changes. Make sure to use the griddle on recommended heat settings and avoid placing it in cold water when it is still hot. Also, avoid using it on high heat for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • bridgetbakes