• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware on Stovetops with Different Size Burners

In summary, the pan can work well on stovetops that have the two different size burners, but you need to adjust the larger burner to be lower than the smaller burner. On a griddle, you need to have the same heat distribution and there still might be cold spots.
Mystik
I was just wondering if it works well on stovetops that have the two different size burners, one big and one small on each side.

ETA: Same thing for the roasting pan, is it ok to use on the two different size burners?

Last edited:
Mystik, I don't know if it was okay or not, but at Thanksgiving when I was making my gravy in the roasting pan I had it over 2 different sized burners. I had to adjust the temp on the larger burner (it had to be lower) so it didn't scald, but that gravy was my best ever!! :D

I hope you find your answer!

Like Chef Kearns I would assume that it would be fine as long as you adjust the larger burner to be lower than the smaller burner. If you are cooking pancakes you can tell where a cold spot is and just simply adjuct. :D

Oh good. I'm a bit OCD and am already playing with the list of items I want for kit enhancement month.

I LOVE my double burner griddle! I too, have the small & large elements. I think it was on the Use & Care card, or maybe I just dreamed this, but somewhere I read you should turn your griddle around mid-way through the cooking process, and this will help with even heat distribution.

I thought the one of the big selling points of our cookware was the even heat distribution?? It would make no sense for me to tell my guests how it cooks evenly then tell them they will have to turn the griddle around. It should be distributing the heat evenly.

You also have to think about what you are heating your griddle with. These pans are awesome and do cook more evenly, however if they are not recieving the same amount of heat on both sides, you can't expect the side w/ the lower amount of heat to make up the difference. If our pans did this they would need sensors in there, and we aren't there yet. If I had this issue I would turn the lrger burner lower than the smaller burner.

For me I have noticed a huge difference cooking my eggs. My eggs cook more evenly in my PC pans, than wal - mart pans that I just gave to good will. You also have to look at the length of the griddle, there is definetely more area to heat, and that is probably why they suggested to turn the griddle around. I will tell you that on a griddle you do need to have the same heat distrbution, and there still might be cold spots, thats why I like on some new stoves they have an oval burner in the middle for griddles and these work best. Not to say you have to go buy a new stove, but our pan can only do so much!

I did not mean to offend anyone, I was just trying to state a facts about how well our pans can work. :D

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that our cookware is designed to work well on stovetops with different size burners. Our materials are high-quality and can evenly distribute heat, making it suitable for all types of stovetops. The same goes for our roasting pan, it can be used on both big and small burners without any issues. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any size cookware on different size burners?

Yes, you can use any size cookware on different size burners. However, it is important to match the size of the pot or pan to the size of the burner for optimal cooking results.

2. Is it safe to use oversized cookware on a smaller burner?

No, it is not safe to use oversized cookware on a smaller burner. This can cause uneven heating and increase the risk of accidents such as spills and burns.

3. What happens if I use a smaller pot on a larger burner?

If you use a smaller pot on a larger burner, the pot may not sit securely on the burner and can also lead to uneven heating. This can result in food burning or undercooking.

4. Can I use different types of cookware on different size burners?

Yes, you can use different types of cookware on different size burners. However, it is important to consider the material of the cookware and the heat conductivity to ensure even cooking.

5. How can I determine the right size cookware for my burner?

The general rule of thumb is to match the size of the pot or pan to the size of the burner. You can also refer to the manufacturer's guidelines for recommended cookware sizes for specific burners.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
natural
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies