• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Uses for a Griddle: Beyond Bacon & Pancakes

In summary, this is a great tool for cooking a variety of breakfast foods. It can be used for frying, baking, or broiling.
mpkegley
What all do you use this for? My Mom is thinking about purchasing it and I would like to give her more ideas to use it for other than bacon and pancakes. Does anyone have any other ideas?

grilled cheese sandwiches (6-8) depending on size of bread
french toast
hamburgers
bacon
pork chops
steaks

Anything that you fry, really!

roasted veggies in the oven. Brownies or a sheet cake, oven again.

fajitas
hash browns or fried potatoes
hot ham and cheese sandwiches
tuna melts

stir fry--big surface makes it easy.

Wow! Had not thought about doing all of this with it. Thanks! I could only think of breakfast stuff.

On sunday my DH will take a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs and make french toast...then he individually bags and freezes them so during the week I can just throw two in the toaster for the kids and have instant french toast that is healthy.

I would suggest the turkey roasting pan instead. It does all that. I use it daily for breakfast, lunch and you can cook a large lasagna in it, not to mention the thanksgiving turkey, meats, any of our skillet dishes. I take it to shows for the new asian dish. The pork doesn't have to be cooked in two batches. I have used the turkey roasting pan on an electric and my new gas stove as well. Love it!!

finley1991 said:
roasted veggies in the oven. Brownies or a sheet cake, oven again.

I might have to try the brownies or sheet cake. I always thought it would run over?

chefjwr said:
stir fry--big surface makes it easy.

I am not the neatest stirrer so I am picturing food going every where. Good idea though.

dannyzmom said:
On sunday my DH will take a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs and make french toast...then he individually bags and freezes them so during the week I can just throw two in the toaster for the kids and have instant french toast that is healthy.

I do the same thing - sometimes freeze them so they are ready and they don't go bad if we don't eat them right away. I just recently thought about cutting the bread ahead of time and doing french toast sticks but this would only work if you were using a toster over - i am picturing them getting stuck in the toaster. AND it is cheaper than the frozen ones.

lockhartkitchen said:
I would suggest the turkey roasting pan instead. It does all that. I use it daily for breakfast, lunch and you can cook a large lasagna in it, not to mention the thanksgiving turkey, meats, any of our skillet dishes. I take it to shows for the new asian dish. The pork doesn't have to be cooked in two batches. I have used the turkey roasting pan on an electric and my new gas stove as well. Love it!!

She already has 2 roasting pans (Not PC) and I don't think she is interested in that. She said that the griddle would be good for bacon and fried green tomatoes, so she wants that. I was just wanting some more ideas and didn't realize that you could do so much with it. Cakes? I figured they would run over. It must have a bigger lip around the outside than I thought. I will have to check it out when she gets it. You guys are making me want one now too!

chef_kimmo said:
I might have to try the brownies or sheet cake. I always thought it would run over?

Hasn't run over for me.

About how tall are the sides?

Okay, I think everyone's convinced me that I need one of these now! :D

Oooh, I just ordered mine from pan-o-rama. Now I can't wait to get it. Go figure, hadn't really connected that it could go in the oven. I basically was just envisioning cooking breakfast foods on it. Can't wait to read more ideas!

jrstephens said:
About how tall are the sides?

They are a little less than a inch I would say (without going to measure it).

Now I think that I need one of them...So now if I can just sell $72 more of cookware I can get the Grill Pan, Grill Press and the Double Burner Griddle. I wouldn't have even thought about getting that if it wouldn't have been for this thread, thank you all.

1. What are some creative uses for a griddle beyond cooking bacon and pancakes?

There are many delicious and unique dishes that can be made on a griddle, such as grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, omelettes, and even desserts like French toast and crepes.

2. Can I use a griddle to cook vegetables?

Absolutely! Griddles are great for cooking vegetables as they allow for even heat distribution and can be used to grill, roast, or sauté a variety of veggies. Some popular options include asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms.

3. Is it possible to bake on a griddle?

Yes, you can use a griddle as a stovetop oven! Simply cover the griddle with a lid or tent it with foil to create an oven-like environment and bake dishes such as casseroles, pizzas, and even cookies.

4. Can I use a griddle to make breakfast foods other than pancakes?

Definitely! Griddles are perfect for making other breakfast favorites like eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. You can even use it to make breakfast sandwiches or frittatas.

5. What are some creative ways to use a griddle for entertaining?

A griddle is a versatile tool for entertaining as it allows you to cook a large amount of food at once. Some ideas include hosting a build-your-own taco or stir fry bar, making a big batch of grilled cheese for a group, or using it to cook up a variety of appetizers like sliders, chicken skewers, and grilled vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies