• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Broiler: Keep Chocolate Melted for Rum Balls?

In summary, to use a double broiler for melting chocolate, fill the bottom pot with a small amount of water and place it on medium heat. Add chopped chocolate to the top pot and stir occasionally until melted and smooth. The chocolate can stay melted for up to 2 hours, but it is recommended to reheat as needed. The double broiler can be used for all types of chocolate, but it is important to stir occasionally to prevent burning. If the chocolate starts to clump, add a small amount of oil or shortening. It is not safe to leave the double broiler unattended while melting chocolate.
duffspckitchen
Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me if while using the Double Broiler--does the chocolate stay melted for awhile in the broiler or does it harden quickly? I have a customer saying she'd use it for her rum balls (yummy!) but she has had issues in past with other ones not really keeping the chocolate melted and usable. Thanks!!:)

It will depend on how cool her room is. If the chocolate starts to get a bit thick she can return it to the pan for a few moments.

I left mine sitting in the pan of warm water and didn't have any trouble. I thought I read something that said keep it on the stove on low, but now I don't remember.

The point of using a double boiler for melting chocolate (as opposed to melting in the microwave) is to keep it over the water (simmering not boiling) to keep it melted. You work with the chocolate over the water.

Anyone know if it can go in the oven? One customer wanted to use it for flan! Not sure if that's plausible. We did recommend the prepbowls, but I'm curious about the answer anyhow. Thanks!

1. How do I use the double broiler to keep chocolate melted for rum balls?

To use the double broiler for this purpose, fill the bottom pot with a small amount of water and place it on the stove on medium heat. Place the top pot on the bottom pot and add the chopped chocolate. Stir the chocolate occasionally until it is completely melted and smooth.

2. How long can I keep the chocolate melted in the double broiler?

The chocolate can stay melted in the double broiler for up to 2 hours. After that, it is recommended to turn off the heat and reheat the chocolate as needed.

3. Can I use the double broiler to melt other types of chocolate besides milk chocolate?

Yes, the double broiler can be used to melt any type of chocolate, including dark, white, or even colored chocolate for decorating. Just be sure to keep an eye on the chocolate and stir it frequently to prevent burning.

4. Do I need to constantly stir the chocolate while using the double broiler?

It is not necessary to constantly stir the chocolate, but it is recommended to stir it occasionally to ensure even melting and to prevent burning. If you notice the chocolate starting to clump or seize, you may need to add a small amount of vegetable oil or shortening to help smooth it out.

5. Can I leave the double broiler unattended while the chocolate is melting?

No, it is not recommended to leave the double broiler unattended while the chocolate is melting. It is important to keep an eye on the chocolate and stir it occasionally to prevent burning. If you need to step away, be sure to turn off the heat and cover the chocolate to keep it warm until you return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lauraP2000
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lauraP2000
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • DebPC