• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing a Double Booking Dilemma: Balancing Time and Sales for Your Parties

In summary, the party host wants an HWC party on May 6th, but wants to hold it at 11am instead of 2pm. She says she has already lined up 30 ladies, but the only date she has available is May 6th. She doesn't want a demo, just to show the products and talk about 20 minutes.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Okay Cheffers here's the story. I just booked a party for May 6th. She changed her time from 11:30am to 2pm. She booked her party from her daughter's show (which was held March 25th, but just closed yesterday at under $300). Her daughter's show started almost an hour late, due in part on waiting on the mother and sister to arrive. So I'm pretty sure her party is going to start late and have low sales as well (of course you never know).

Today I got a call from a past host who conducted a Catalog party last Fall. She had sales over $500 and was disappointed because she is used to having parties with sales of $1000 or more. She wanted to do a HWC based party on May 6th. She says she already has about 30 ladies lined up to attend. However, the only date she has available in May is May 6th and she wanted to host it at 11am. She doesn't want a "real" demo. She said we just want you to show the HWC products and anything new. Just talk about 20 minutes she says and you don't have to cook anything.

What to do?! I hate to turn down the potential for such a HUGE party, but an 11am party and a 2 pm party are a little too close for me. Keep in mind I am 33 weeks pregnant this week and am in extreme pain most of the day. I am very tempted to call host A up and ask her to move her party to 5pm. That would give me enough time to re-do my guest packets and wash anything that needed to be. I just called her last night to confirm her party. I feel like such a heel wanting to ditch her party for something better. However; I wouldn't really be ditching her.

I guess I just want someone to tell me that it is okay to ask her to move her party back a few hours.:rolleyes:

I'd call her. It can't hurt to ask.

I would call her too and see what she says!

Call her...I'd call her and offer to bring the ingredients as a thank you...

Diane

Good idea Diane! Thanks.

You Won't know....until you ask the question. Certainly I would ask her to move it up some....But I wouldn't discount her because of the daughters show or that she was late that day, something could've been going on, you just never know.

OR

You could talk with the other host, the big party, and just let her know "sure I would LOVE to come and just show off the new line and not demo, but I do have another party that day and will need to be on the road by....." And I'm SURE she won't have a problem with that....if she just wants you and the products and no cooking, Woo Hoo, I'm SURE she would understand....set up and be ready at 11, be there until 12:30......why not? AND let the other host know you might be a tad late, that you will bring all the ingredients with you and that way you can have it all prepared, put it in a cooler.....

You can juggle it......

OR

Ask one of your cluster members to take one of the parties for you....

33 weeks? :eek: :D Bless your soul.....

Let us know what happens......

You'll work it out......

I like KelleySell's idea. That's what I would do. It sounds to me like you would be doing host #2 a favor since she wants the show so bad. And if you're not doing "the demo". Once you're done with your remarks you just tell them, "I'll be here for another twenty minutes to help you with your orders and answer any questions." Then they know you won't be there all day. I think its very possible to do both shows, if you're out of the first one by 12:30-12:45. And yes, have as much prepped as you can for the second one.

How far away from each other are these shows??? At my last show everyone had been drinking and it was 11 pm, so I gathered checks (some blank) and called everyone over the next 2 days to make sure we had their entire order. Finished up ordered on the phone and filled in checks for them. It worked for this group of people.

Emma

I agreeHow far apart (miles wise) are the parties? If it takes you 45 min to set up for the other party and 15 min to drive there then you'll be fine. If the food is already prepared, then you really dont have to spend alot of time on the products! You can play a couple of games, etc. I'm sure you can do it. Even if you ask the 2nd hostess if you can move her party to 2:15-2:30.. she may understand.

Keep us posted :)

i totally understand and hear ya! i'm 34 weeks pregnant this week and i understand about not wantting to do too much! i would just tell the lady that wants it at 2 that you had something else come up and can you move it to a later time or a later date .. i would personally put presendence on the lady that has the 30 people wanting to come and the 1000 order! feel free to email me anytime, i'd love to talk to you about being pregnant and doing this! this is my frist month and its almost killing me LOL

Laurie Abraham
[email protected]

I was 33 weeks pregnant in January and had two shows in one day at the last minute. Thats the only time I did that though while I was pregnant. It wasn't too bad although I was tired by the end of the day. I washed my dishes at the first show while the guests were figuring out what the wanted to order.

Okay, here's the follow-up. I met with the first lady (the one I don't have high hopes for) for our host coaching meeting today. I mentioned to her that something came up and could we push her party back. She was cool with it. Didn't bat an eye! So we're doing her's at 4:30pm.

I've done a couple of 2-fers during this pregnancy and I know they wipe me out! This is our 4th and it has been the hardest pregnancy yet! My husband is going to come with me to my parties in May. We are going to leave the other 3 with a sitter, so I won't be making much.

Congratulations On Baby #4!!CONGRATULATIONS!!

I totally understand the backaches, the hurting feet, the sleepy, tired body. :( I had a show the day before I had my baby boy Isaac, he is now 5 months, through contractions and all last November. The host was a good friend and she thought I was going to have the baby at her show. My son held out until the next day at about 4:30. I had to leave church because I was going into labor during bible study!!! :eek:

I would try to prepare everything all week long for the show little by little, and at each show everyone was so kind to unload everything for me and load it up.

It's great the first show rescheduled, now try to focus on those 30 guests!! :D :D :D How wonderful that you don't have to cook just show off products, answer questions and take orders. I would love a show like that!! Especially at 33 weeks!!! :p

I have four also and my husband, bless his heart, has so much fun with the kids on the Saturdays and Fridays I am at my shows.

I only work weekends and we plan to have 7 or 8 children total and maybe adopt a couple!! We want a big family and these commission checks are very helpful with field trips for the kids (I homeschool) and an occasional trip to McDonald's. Plus I love to buy my husband his commentaries, biographies of great men of faith, and anything bible related!!!

With my last commission check I was able to get him a set of Spurgeon books he had been wanting for our anniversary next month!!! It's so nice to have a little extra spending money!!

DEBBIE

DebbieSAChef said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I only work weekends and we plan to have 7 or 8 children total and maybe adopt a couple!!

DEBBIE

:eek: Can I have a little patience from you! I am worried about having a 2nd couldn't image 7 or 8! Good luck and hope everything goes your way!:D

I thought I had my hands full trying to get my PC stuff done with two little ones!! You guys have tought skin!

Gillian Wright

Debbie...Oh my goodness!! I cannot even relate to wanting that many kids! Thank goodness both of you are saved. You will need the Lord with your ambitious mission.

3 of our 4 were unplanned including this one. This is probably TMI for some of you but who cares. My husband had a vascetomy in June (05) and I got pregnant in August (05) and we were still using condoms!! With the first I was on Depo Provera. With our second child the first was only 6 months old and I was on birth control pills. I got pregnant 2 times while using an IUD, but miscarried. With our only planned one, #3, I had taken the IUD out and it took awhile to get pregnant (much to my surprise).

When I signed my PC agreement our 3rd was only 10 days old. She went just about everywhere with me in the beginning of my business. That's probably why she talks so dang much now! LOL! When I work a booth she likes to be with me. She runs up to people and tells them they have to see my booth. She'll tell me, "I need to talk to her" or "I need to talk to him". She'll bring them to my table and they'll engage with me about PC and she'll show them things like the chopper or the SA pieces. She makes sure they leave with a piece of candy. She always wants to go to parties with me although she hasn't been yet. She'll be 3 in July!! I'll probably have to sign her when she goes to college.

UPDATE!!

Okay, I got a call on Tuesday from the lady I didn't have high hopes for (the one I asked to push back her time) she asked to change her date. I am SOOOO glad I took the other party now!! Imagine that. I was going to pass up the one that is holding to be fair to my first host, but then she backed out! I would've been S.O.L. for Saturday had I not double booked!!

I am so glad I went ahead and took the 11am party.

I'm glad you got this figured out! You are getting close in your pregnancy, aren't you? Good luck and let us know when the new baby chef arrives!

That is so funny, like you 3 of my 4 kid were unexpected! The one that we tried for took us 6 months to get prego! I was beginning to think it could only happen by accident! Plus, my 4th pregnancy was so much harder then the first 3! Makes me glad I don't have to go through that again! The best of luck with your family and your business!

Good for you!I'm glad it all worked out. It is always a bummer when hosts cancel but at least she rescheduled. Same thing happened to me this Saturday. My host said she was going out of town for business and rescheduled. It's a good thing I called her on Wednesday.
I could use a break, I am glad it all worked out. :)
As for patience it is something I am learning everyday. The Lord is so good to us and has really given us a desire to have a big family. My husband has one brother and I have a brother and a sister. I am the oldest in my family, my husband is the youngest.
It's funny that I like being pregnant!! Yes in the midst of cravings, morning sickness, mood swings, backache, shortness of breath and gestational diabetes (with each pregnancy so far) I like being pregnant.
Feeling that baby in my tummy, and knowing that another special person will soon be a part of our family is so exciting. We never care whether it's a boy or girl because after 7 or 8 we assume that we will have plenty of each.
With my homeschooling I plan to start a PC kids cooking class for home schoolers in the fall. Parents will drop off their kids at my house for a few hours once a week to cook and bake with me. The catch....
They will need to buy the Kids cookie making set and the food. It will be fun and my kids are so excited! I have about 15 kids signed up so far. Which means about 6 sets and of course who can resist the other products when they see what they can do. At the end of the semester I am going to raffle off a cool chef's hat and apron.
How far along are you? Is the due date soon? Boy or girl? How exciting! :p
Debbie

Thanks guys!

That sounds like a good idea with your homeschooling group Debbie! Let me know how that works for you. You've been getting some awesome opportunities lately. Don't take all the business now...leave some for me. :) We'll be there in August. I am really looking forward to being settled.

As far as the baby goes, I am due May 29th. I cannot wait!! Unlike you I HATE being pregnant. This has been the hardest pregnancy yet from day 1. We are expecting our second girl, the first two were boys.

I have 2 shows this weekend and 5 for the month and I'm wondering how I'm going to make it. I can barely stand up without experiencing major pain. And at night my contractions are intense. Oh well...and this too shall pass.

Hey you two, sprinkle some of that baby dust my way!!!:)

1. What is a "double booking dilemma?"

A double booking dilemma is when you accidentally schedule two events or appointments at the same time. This typically happens when you have a busy schedule and forget to check your calendar before making plans.

2. How can I avoid double booking?

To avoid double booking, it's important to keep a well-organized and up-to-date calendar. Make sure to check your schedule before making any commitments and leave enough time in between appointments to account for unexpected delays or overlaps.

3. What should I do if I accidentally double book?

If you accidentally double book, the best course of action is to apologize and try to reschedule one of the events. Depending on the situation, you may need to prioritize one event over the other or find a compromise that works for both parties.

4. Is there a way to prevent double booking in my business?

Yes, there are several tools and strategies you can use to prevent double booking in your business. This includes setting up automated scheduling systems, using a shared calendar with your team, and being mindful of your availability before making commitments.

5. What should I do if a customer accuses me of double booking?

If a customer accuses you of double booking, it's important to remain calm and professional. Apologize for any inconvenience and explain the situation. Offer to reschedule or find a solution that works for both parties. It's also a good idea to review your scheduling process and make any necessary changes to prevent future double bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • melissaboyd