• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Double Boiler Issues w/ Pots & Pans

In summary, the customer is having trouble using their double boiler with non-PC pots and pans. The consultant suggests checking the size and material of the pots and pans, and contacting customer service if the issue continues.
chefcharity
I have a customer who says her double boiler doesn't work with any of her pans/pots she has. It doesn't HAVE to be a PC pot/pan does it? I sent her the use and care and told her the size of pans it should fit. Hoping that helps but thought I'd ask on here.

No, they don't have to be PC pans. What does she mean it doesn't work? All you need is a pan with a diameter that would fit somewhere on the lip of the Double-Boiler and at least 1" deeper than the Double-Boiler is tall.

O it will definitely work in a non PC cookware, I had a open house recently and had a chocolate station at my stove and I do not have PC cookware, I used a medium size pot!

Her pan probably isn't the right size then. Maybe if you can see her and her pan/boiler, you can see it for yourself and figure it out. Mine fits in some of my Farberware pieces. Other than that, it's just boiling water underneath it to melt the chocolate/cheese/etc in the boiler...no rocket science involved.

Hi there! It's great that you reached out for help with this issue. As a consultant, I have encountered similar situations before. The double boiler should work with any pot or pan that is the correct size and has a flat bottom. However, keep in mind that some non-PC pots and pans may not be compatible due to the material they are made of. I would suggest checking the material of the pots and pans your customer has and comparing it to the recommended materials in the use and care guide. If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to our customer service team for further assistance. Best of luck!

1. How do I prevent my double boiler from scorching or burning food?

To prevent scorching or burning food in a double boiler, make sure to use the correct size pot and pan for the job. The bottom of the top pot should not touch the water in the bottom pot. Also, keep the heat at a low to medium setting and stir frequently.

2. Can I use any type of pot and pan for a double boiler?

No, not all pots and pans are suitable for use in a double boiler. It is recommended to use a stainless steel or heat-resistant glass pot for the top portion, and a larger pot or pan for the bottom portion. Make sure the pots and pans are compatible and can create a seal to effectively steam the food.

3. How do I clean my double boiler?

Cleaning a double boiler is a simple process. First, make sure to let it cool down completely. Then, use warm soapy water and a gentle sponge to clean the pots and pans. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub them off. Rinse thoroughly and dry before storing.

4. My double boiler is leaking, what should I do?

If your double boiler is leaking, it is likely due to a damaged or loose seal between the two pots. You can try tightening the pots together, but if that does not work, it may be time to replace the pots or purchase a new double boiler set.

5. Can I use a double boiler for melting chocolate or making custard?

Yes, a double boiler is ideal for melting chocolate or making custard as it helps to prevent scorching and ensures a smooth and even heat distribution. Just make sure to use the correct size pots and stir frequently to avoid burning or clumping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • duffspckitchen