• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts: Boomer Sooner & Shannon Overstreet

In summary, Shannon Overstreet suggests that if a host is being non-responsive, allow them so many tries, (whatever you are comfortable doing,) and then with your last try, let them know that if they truly aren't interested, you'd like your packet back by such and such a date and you won't bother them anymore.
Sooner PC
:mad:
Ok - I am having a bad month end. I have a host that is MIA. I have talked to her once on the phone about 6 weeks ago and haven't been in touch with her since. I sent her a packet, sent her post cards and repeatedly called. I couldn't leave a message because she didn't have an answering machine. I called her DIL (who she booked the party off of) and she got in touch with her and told her to call me - no call. Well - last night - I needed to know for sure if she was gonig to do the 3-26 show. I call DIL - come to find out - the phone number she gave me - they don't answer. It is just the number at their house. They have another number that they answer. Well DIL calls me back after talking to MIA host and she just doesn't feel like doing the party. SHE HAS MY PACKET, SHE HAS COST ME A DAY ON THE CALENDAR AND SHE HAS BEEN INCONSIDERANT BY NOT CALLING TO CANCEL. What is it with people??

I vote for a black list of terrible host. I don't want another PC consultant to think this lady is serious.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

I would go over to her house and ask for the packet and when she gives it to you just walk away with out saying a word!

I am so sorry this is happening, but hopefully this is it!

I ran into this big time before I had to quit PC the first time. People wouldn't return calls, wouldn't be home when they said they would, etc. One MIA host finally called the day before her show to say she had booked her kids to have pics taken on the same day as she booked her show....so she was going to have her kids pics taken. :mad: One lady insisted she wanted to have the show but refused to answer the door for me when I dropped off her packet and then refused to answer the phone too.

It is so hard to not take it personal. My director said we need to set boundaries and know when to let it go. If a host is being non-responsive, allow them so many tries, (whatever you are comfortable doing,) and then with your last try, let them know that if they truly aren't interested, you'd like your packet back by such and such a date and you won't bother them anymore. You have much better things to do with your time and much better hosts to worry about. I hope you do get your packet back.

I haven't really had any bad hostesses since I signed up in August - and now I have 2 that are driving me crazy. The one from an earlier post (AAARRRRGGG) and this one. I new it was bound to happen at some point, but it is really irritating. ESPECIALLY when she gave me a phone number that she new she wouldn't answer to start with.

I am going to kiss the packet and the host goodby. I will see her at other shows and if she asked to book, I am going to politely tell her that she will have to find another consultant to book through. (I seriously doubt she will ask)

Oh well - lesson learned.

HOW 'BOUT THEM LADY SOONERS!!!!

Shannon Overstreet

Sooner PC said:
HOW 'BOUT THEM LADY SOONERS!!!!

Shannon Overstreet

How 'bout 'em...that was great...Sweet Sixteen here we come!

:D :D :D :D

Sooner PC said:
I am going to kiss the packet and the host goodby. I will see her at other shows and if she asked to book, I am going to politely tell her that she will have to find another consultant to book through. (I seriously doubt she will ask)

Shannon Overstreet

I wouldn't refuse to do a party with her... I would simply insist that she give you a guest list before you give her a packet. Then, YOU send out the invitations! LOL. That way she can't just decide to reschedule without having to call 40 people.

I know some consultants who do this for every host. They don't consider it a solid date until they have the invitation list in their hands.

Love+
Rachel

Over bookI always let people know who want to book with me that I only do Sat. or Friday night shows and my calendar fills up FAST! So if they want their date they need to get with me fast to accept their host packets, let me do some host coaching and give me invites or send them out themselves a couple days after we meet.
I had this one lady book a show and I penciled her in. She never called me and I left two messages at her house. The first message was a "Hi it's me the PC consultant from so and so's show, I would like to get together with you in person or on the phone, whatever is convenient for you to go over all the info you'll need to know for your show. I am very excited and hope you will get all the things you want for FREE. Please call me back at....."
Second message went like this:
"Hello it's me Debbie the PC consultant, I haven't heard from you but wanted to give you a chance to still hold on to that date you requested. I would like to know for sure if you still want to have your show on this date because I have someone else interested in booking for this date. Please call me by Wed. to confirm or I will let this other person have it. I know you were so excited about getting some cookware for FREE at your show, so give me a call and we can get your invitations sent out for you.
I booked another lady on that date and she must have thought I was bluffing, because when she called on Friday instead of Wed. like I asked, she said she wanted to have her show at 3 pm. I asked her if she had gotten my message and informed her that the other lady who wanted her date already picked a time of 1 pm. So there was no way I could do hers at 3 pm. She kind of panicked and said her mother and mother in law were coming in from out of town that weekend and she really wanted to do a show that Sat. I told her that I could only do it at 5 or 6 pm since they lived pretty close to each other. :cool:
She jumped on the 6 pm time and said she was sorry for not calling me back. I told her that PC host benefits are so wonderful that my calendar fills up pretty quick and if I don't have a definite yes I over book that day to make sure I still make my commission. I do need that commission for my kids! She sent out her invites the next day and I am looking forward to that show!! :p
Now she sees that I am running a business, instead of seeing me as someone who is begging her for a show or waiting around for her to call me. :D
DEBBIE :D

I think what ticked me off most is this lady gave me a phone number that she didn't answer or have a machine on. I am thinking it was the land line and they only answer cell phones. If she truely didn't want to have the show - she had plenty of opportunities to say so or call. I had hoped that sending out the packet would have been the big clue that she needed to let me know something.

I was on a conference call with Tom Marston (who sells mucho PC a month) and he said that if a host cancels or wants to reschedule with him (and there isn't a life or death situation) he tells them no - they have to find another consultant to work with. He told the story of a lady that said she had a funeral to go to - so he was going to work with her. He found out that she lied - and he just told her that if she was going to lie to him - she could book with someone else. So I am now of the opinon - if she can't pick up the phone and tell me she can't do the show - she won't EVER be put back on my calendar.

Good for you Debbie, that is an awesome story! I love showing people we are not messing around all desperate and business-less. I hope she does a $1000 show for you, gets tons of FREE stuff and realizes how silly she really was to not call you back in the first place. Score one for Pampered Chef!

~Kristen

I vote for a black list of terrible host. I don't want another PC consultant to think this lady is serious.

I agree but doubt it will happen. I have had this happen a few times. I just quit calling. It may not be the best aproach but, I have found with the few that I have had they will go to the length of pretending they left a 5 or 6 yr old home alone to avoid me.

Odds are she 1. forgot 2. is no longer interested or 3. though she would have a great show and didn't qualify.

1. What is the purpose of the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts" list?

The purpose of the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts" list is to warn consultants of certain individuals who have a history of being difficult, uncooperative, or disrespectful hosts. This allows consultants to make informed decisions about whether or not to work with these individuals.

2. Who are Boomer Sooner and Shannon Overstreet?

Boomer Sooner and Shannon Overstreet are two individuals who have been placed on the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts" for their behavior as hosts. They are not affiliated with Pampered Chef in any way.

3. How were these individuals chosen to be on the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts"?

These individuals were chosen based on reports and feedback from multiple Pampered Chef consultants who have had negative experiences working with them as hosts. The list is constantly updated as new information is received.

4. Can I still work with these individuals if they are on the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts"?

While we do not recommend working with these individuals, it is ultimately up to the consultant to decide if they want to take on the challenge. However, please keep in mind that these individuals have been placed on the list for a reason and it is likely that you may encounter difficulties if you choose to work with them.

5. How can I report a host for potential inclusion on the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts"?

If you have had a negative experience with a host and would like to report them for potential inclusion on the "A Blacklist of Terrible Hosts", please reach out to your upline or contact our customer service team. We take all reports seriously and will investigate the situation before making a decision on whether or not to add the host to the list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • NinaPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
NinaPChef
  • TJMagoo