• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Friend's Dots Stemware Losing Its Spots: What Do I Do?

In summary, a consultant is seeking advice for a friend whose Dots Stemware is losing its spots after only a few months of use. Despite following proper care instructions, the green dots on one glass are coming off. The consultant tried to request an online adjustment but was informed that there is a limited guarantee for the product. After contacting HO and explaining the situation, they agreed to send a replacement glass at no cost.
ChefPaulaB
I have a good friend that I ran into last night that said that her Dots Stemware is losing it's spots... specifically, just one glass, she only uses 2 of them, the other 2 she put up, she hand washes them right after she uses them, never lets them soak and never puts them in the dishwasher, she is the only one in her home that uses them. The one glass is starting to lose the green dots, not the other colors, that's what she thought was so weird... She purchased them in June, the show didn't actually close until the beginning of July... So, I did an online adjustment and HO just sent me an email that they can't honor it because there is a limited guarantee... I understand that if she dropped one or something that they wouldn't replace it, but for something like this, I thought it would go through no problem... I emailed back and explained the situation and am waiting to hear back... Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice or experience with this. Should I forget the email and just call or should I wait? Do you think they should be replaced or is she just out of luck? I really don't want to have to replace it myself, they aren't exactly cheap. And although she is a good friend, she doesn't order a lot, so it's not like she's spends enough for me to be able to cover it... :cry: Help!

I'd call HO and let them know the specific problem. In the first Dots stemware released, people were finding the dots coming off when they washed them. People did receive replacements.

babywings76 said:
I'd call HO and let them know the specific problem. In the first Dots stemware released, people were finding the dots coming off when they washed them. People did receive replacements.

I remember that, that's why I thought they'd replace, no problem, I should've just called right from the start, with the online adjustment you can't explain exactly what happened, you just pick an option.... I'm so lazy, just love doing everything online... I'll call...

They are one of those few things with that 30 day limited guarantee. Please let us know what HO says. I try to remember to warn people who purchase those 30 day products to look at them ASAP when they arrive. Nothing like a customer buying a Xmas gift in Sept. and not opening the package until Dec. to find that it's damaged.

If HO won't replace it, you have to consider the value of your friendship, your reputation as a consultant among your friends, and the cost of getting her a new ONE (use the rest as gifts, a little candy in there with a ribbon, etc).

Becca

I finally heard back from HO (I ended up not calling, just waited for a response to my email, I hate calling!). They are sending a her a new glass (not the set, just the one glass) and do not want a return. That is great news, otherwise I was just going to give her one of mine (I have 2 sets) but I really didn't want to have to do that, like having 2 complete sets! Anyway, all's good, she's happy, I'm happy, life is good!

I am glad they took care of it!

1. How do I prevent my friend's Dots stemware from losing its spots?

To prevent your friend's Dots stemware from losing its spots, make sure to hand wash the glasses instead of putting them in the dishwasher. The harsh chemicals in dishwasher detergent can cause the spots to fade or disappear over time.

2. Can the spots on the Dots stemware be removed?

Yes, the spots on the Dots stemware can be removed. You can try using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water to soak the glasses for a few hours. Then, scrub the spots gently with a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse the glasses thoroughly with water and dry them with a soft towel.

3. How often should I clean the Dots stemware to prevent spots?

It is recommended to clean the Dots stemware after each use to prevent spots from forming. The longer the glasses sit with residue or liquid inside, the harder it is to remove the spots.

4. Can I use any type of cleaner on the Dots stemware?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the Dots stemware. These can damage the glass and cause the spots to become more prominent. Stick to mild dish soap or a vinegar and water solution for cleaning.

5. How can I restore the shine to my friend's Dots stemware?

If the spots on the Dots stemware are causing a dull appearance, try using a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub the glasses. This can help remove any residue or build-up that may be causing the dullness. You can also polish the glasses with a soft cloth to restore their shine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies