• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dots Beverage Glasses: 2 Broken Within a Month - Has This Happened to You?

In summary, the customer has had two glasses break in the last two weeks, and is concerned about the durability of the product.
kcjodih
Gold Member
So I decided to treat myself to 4 sets of Dots Beverage Glasses at $28 a pop (Canadian) about a month ago. In the last 2 weeks I've had 2 break during regular normal use. First one, my DS went to take it out of the dishwasher and it had a chunk out of it - I attributed it to him possibly filling the dishwasher too full and cramming them in. Then tonight I go to put one in the dishwasher which is empty and it hits one of the upright plastic spokes that the glasses sit on/over and breaks! :mad:

What the heck?! I've had my ugly, plain Walmart glasses for years and years through my 2 children and many daycare kids when I watched children and never had these issues. Now I've lost 2 and it's only been a month. :( So much for finally having a nice set of glasses :mad: Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. I have two sets of them and love them. They've even gotten thrown in the dishwasher every which way and they're still intact. Sorry that you've had some bum ones. :(

They should not break that easily. I don't have them, but they're supposed to be everyday glasses, and should not break just coming out of the dishwasher. I'd call HO ASAP before you're outside the 30 day mark.

Well I emailed a supervisor I've had correspondence with in the and past and received a message on my phone a few minutes ago from Support saying they had received an email from one of their supervisors and normally the glasses are only covered under the LTD warranty during the first 30 days for customer satisfaction, manufacturer's defect or damage during shipping. They are not covered for incidental or consequential damage, however they will immediately send out 2 new glasses on a one time only basis :)

Thank goodness I had the email address of this supervisor from previous issues! I just asked her what the LTD meant and explained that I did not think my usage was out of the ordinary and that my Walmart glasses had lasted for years. I also mentioned they should be able to handle normal wear and tear since they were not made out of crystal and could she please clarify the warranty for me. I never heard back from her but received the phone call from Support instead :)

I really hope this was just a fluke and there isn't going to be issues with the rest of them. Now I'm scared to use them. :( BTW, I looked before emailing and it was 35 days ago that they were shipped out so I figured I was REALLY out of luck! Off to email a thank you! :)

Last edited:
I would hope it is a fluke too. I have 2 sets, no problems. I even take 1 to all my shows. I wrap it in a towel and put it in my loaf pan. It travels well.. so far... knock on wood!

Sounds likw a fluke to me. I have 2 sets that we use daily. Trust me, they get plenty of abuse. No problems.

I too have 2 sets in daily use including dishwasher and have had no problems. I'm glad they helped you. Hopefully the new ones will last you a long time.

I know this happens from time to time..once you break one seems like a few more get broke. I do find that using the dishwasher does make any of my dishes brittle. With such hot water. But I will not give up my dishwasher. love my dot glasses.

1. What is the material of the Dots Beverage Glasses?

The Dots Beverage Glasses are made of durable, high-quality glass.

2. How many glasses come in a set?

The Dots Beverage Glasses come in a set of 4.

3. What is the capacity of each glass?

Each Dots Beverage Glass has a capacity of 16 ounces.

4. Are the glasses dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Dots Beverage Glasses are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. What is the warranty on the glasses?

The Dots Beverage Glasses have a 1-year warranty against any defects or breakage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefNic