• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dorm Room Survival Party: Easy Recipes for High School Seniors

In summary, a PC show with a dorm room theme for graduating high school seniors is being planned with the help of the host's sister. The emphasis will be on demonstrating creative ways to use dorm survival products and showcasing must-have items for seniors, such as the Easy Opener, Outdoor Party Plates, micro-cookers, and simple additions pieces. The host plans to keep the show informal and fun, with food already prepared and giveaways for attendees. The Rice Cooker Plus and Simple Additions products will also be highlighted, with an emphasis on their versatility and usefulness for college life.
tazzygurl611
Okay guys, need some ideas... my sister is graduating this year and has offered to help me start up my business by hosting a PC show with the Dorm room theme for all of the high school seniors she is friends with. I got the tool sheet off of this site however, with those tools, what kind of easy recipe can I demo to a bunch of 17 year olds who may/may not bring the invited mom with them? :confused:

Keep.It.Simple.Sweetie.I would keep it as simple as possible since they will more than likely be more interested in the games and food than your cooking demo. I would show them creative ways to use the dorm survival products and go from there. Do a fruity (non-alcoholic of course) drink demo and make it fun. Talk about the must have items for them like the Easy Opener, maybe the Outdoor Party Plates (easy to clean), the micro-cookers, twix-it clips, small bar pan (microwave safe), and maybe the simple additions pieces as pretty, functional dishes. IF lots of moms show up, be sure to have stoneware on hand and remind them that wedding bells are the next step and buying good quality kitchen items for their seniors now will cut costs later. (Stoneware pieces, Simple Additions and the knives for example). Also remember to mention the business opportunity for those looking for additional, flexible income during the college years.

Goodluck!

~Kristen ;)

Thanks , Ill keep those things in mind... hope it goes well. I like the drinks idea. I might have the food already made and just demo the items on a potatoe or something and have giveaways and stuff just for listening to me. It will be a very informal pc party in the sense that it won't be structured and will be more of a coming together of the girls for fun.... My sister is very apprehensive about this. We will see.

Thanks soo much Kristen!

Don't forget how versatile the Rice Cooker Plus is!! You can make oatmeal, mashed potatoes, cornbread and cake in it--all in the microwave. Another thing I would try to emphasize is the Simple Additions..."You're going to need at least a couple of plates in your room and these are nice and sturdy enough to avoid chips and breakage!" (My 3 & 5 year olds currently *must* eat their waffles off the Help Whip Cancer squares. Even I have to admit things just seem to taste better off a cute plate! LOL) The small squares are great for munchies and the mediums are the same size as a regular dinner plate. Add a medium bowl and you've got a cake stand for your microwaved cake. Classy! They also eat cereal and ice cream out of the small bowls. Oh, and oatmeal and cocoa out of the new "mega-mugs."

Hi there! Congratulations on your sister's graduation and your upcoming PC show with a dorm room theme. That's such a fun idea! As for easy recipes to demo, I have a few suggestions that I think would be perfect for a group of high school seniors. First, you could demo a simple and delicious pasta dish using the Veggie Spiralizer. This is a great tool for making veggie noodles and would be a fun way to show the students how to make a healthy and budget-friendly meal in their dorm rooms. Another idea is to demo a quick and easy dessert using the Microwave Popcorn Maker. You could make a batch of popcorn and then drizzle it with melted chocolate and sprinkles for a fun and tasty treat. Lastly, I would recommend showcasing the Quick Slice. This tool is perfect for slicing fruits and veggies, so you could demo a fruit salad or a veggie platter and show the students how to make a nutritious and easy snack. I hope these ideas help and I'm sure your PC show will be a success. Best of luck!

1. What is a Dorm Room Survival Party?

A Dorm Room Survival Party is a fun and interactive cooking party designed for college students living in dorms. It teaches them how to make quick and easy meals using products from Pampered Chef.

2. Who can host a Dorm Room Survival Party?

Anyone can host a Dorm Room Survival Party! It can be a student living in a dorm or a parent of a college student looking to help their child learn how to cook in their dorm room.

3. How long does a Dorm Room Survival Party last?

Typically, a Dorm Room Survival Party lasts about 1-2 hours. However, it can vary depending on the number of attendees and their level of participation.

4. What kind of recipes are included in a Dorm Room Survival Party?

The recipes included in a Dorm Room Survival Party are simple and student-friendly, such as microwave mug meals, no-bake desserts, and easy dorm room dinner ideas. They are designed to be made with minimal kitchen equipment and ingredients.

5. How can I book a Dorm Room Survival Party?

You can book a Dorm Room Survival Party by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting the Pampered Chef website. Your consultant will work with you to choose a date, time, and location for the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies