1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Dorm Room Survival Party

1. Okay guys, need some ideas... my sister is graduating this year and has offered to help me start up my business by hosting a PC show with the Dorm room theme for all of the high school seniors she is friends with. I got the tool sheet off of this site however, with those tools, what kind of easy recipe can I demo to a bunch of 17 year olds who may/may not bring the invited mom with them? :confused:

Mar 5, 2006
  2. kristenskitchen

kristenskitchen Member

Keep.It.Simple.Sweetie.

I would keep it as simple as possible since they will more than likely be more interested in the games and food than your cooking demo. I would show them creative ways to use the dorm survival products and go from there. Do a fruity (non-alcoholic of course) drink demo and make it fun. Talk about the must have items for them like the Easy Opener, maybe the Outdoor Party Plates (easy to clean), the micro-cookers, twix-it clips, small bar pan (microwave safe), and maybe the simple additions pieces as pretty, functional dishes. IF lots of moms show up, be sure to have stoneware on hand and remind them that wedding bells are the next step and buying good quality kitchen items for their seniors now will cut costs later. (Stoneware pieces, Simple Additions and the knives for example). Also remember to mention the business opportunity for those looking for additional, flexible income during the college years.

Goodluck!

~Kristen ;)

3. Thanks , Ill keep those things in mind... hope it goes well. I like the drinks idea. I might have the food already made and just demo the items on a potatoe or something and have giveaways and stuff just for listening to me. It will be a very informal pc party in the sense that it won't be structured and will be more of a coming together of the girls for fun.... My sister is very apprehensive about this. We will see.

Thanks soo much Kristen!

Mar 7, 2006
  4. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

Don't forget how versatile the Rice Cooker Plus is!! You can make oatmeal, mashed potatoes, cornbread and cake in it--all in the microwave. Another thing I would try to emphasize is the Simple Additions..."You're going to need at least a couple of plates in your room and these are nice and sturdy enough to avoid chips and breakage!" (My 3 & 5 year olds currently *must* eat their waffles off the Help Whip Cancer squares. Even I have to admit things just seem to taste better off a cute plate! LOL) The small squares are great for munchies and the mediums are the same size as a regular dinner plate. Add a medium bowl and you've got a cake stand for your microwaved cake. Classy! They also eat cereal and ice cream out of the small bowls. Oh, and oatmeal and cocoa out of the new "mega-mugs."

Mar 16, 2006
Have something to add?