• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Direct Sales: Tips for Successful Door-to-Door Marketing

T
tpchefrebecca
Okay Ladies,

I went door to door today because I am out of resources. I do ask everyone if they would like to have a show, but it is getting a little stressfull now. I cannot do fairs because there's no cash flow. Can't put down the fee if their isn't money to put down.

I want a full June and July. July is halfway booked but that is it. I need a script as to what to say to the people when they answer the door. I am having open houses once a month and thinking of two a month and I am giving away benefits since I don't need anymore products. I gave 1 invite so far. I also give a catalog with orderform and card. I just don't know what else to say or how to say it.

Do any of you have a script as to what you would say? I have been telling them my name, that I just moved from SD and if they would like to have a cooking show. I feel like I am a solicitor and can't stand that tag. Please help!

I have no answers for you, but would suggest you track down someone who has successfully moved their business and ask them what they did. I know there was a gal at our Cluster Director's Meeting this morning who had moved her business to IA from CA 2 years ago and just now has her business back to where it was when she left CA.

Another gal, though, who didn't happen to be there, moved May 1 and just finished up the strongest May she has ever had with incredible sales.

They are out there and would have brains worth picking ...

Good luck!

How about "knocking" on business doors. Make the rounds in the local office buildings and talk to the receptionist, leave a catalog??? Say you are new in the area and trying to grow your business.

A consultant of mine brought a finished recipe to a local business and just explained she was new to the business and wanted to welcome them to the communuty and that she was practicing recipes so she wanted to bring them lunch. It's a vet's office and she takes her animals there. She did get some orders and a potential recruit as well! Try to run a drawing in area businesses. Leave prize slips there and post a sign that say WIN a FREE show! Everyone that fills the slip out WINS and you purchase the ingredients for each show. Could be as simple as making a trifle. Very inexpensive. Good Way to get leads.

Whenever I have gone door to door it was to invite people to something (usually an open house). I have moved my business from Leander, TX to Phoenix, AZ to Surprise, AZ to San Antonio, TX within the last 4 years. It is tough, but just keep plugging away.

One of the things to do when you go door to door is take their name and number so you can follow up with them if they are interested in attending your open house. Usually when you give them the flyer they are interested, but as soon as they close the door something else has their attention so a follow-up call is helpful. As suggested, partner with businesses in your area. See if they will let you leave mini-catalogs and/or business cards. See if you can network with other direst sales consultants. Take the cards of every other consultant you can. You never know how you can help each other.

I hope these things help you. A good resource for finding contacts is the Lemonaid Lady, Christie Northup. I can't think of her website right now, but she has some really good and fun ideas on how to find business.

I have done the businesses. I actually have just about every kind of business you could want across the street. I have left catalogs and followed up. I am not giving up by any means though.

I also have talked with two successfull women who moved their business more than once and to more than one state. It is the same. Get your name out there and get into fairs/expos. I am doing that except for the fairs yet.

I will try the food thing. I have a very young puppy and have seen my vet (across the street) a lot. No orders, but could change with a recipe? My dentist is across too along with my ins. agent. OOOHHH I like this idea.

It is tough though but I am not frustrated. Just looking at what more I could do or say.

I have the lemon ladies site somewhere. I just have to look for it in my files.

tpchefrebecca said:
I have done the businesses. I actually have just about every kind of business you could want across the street. I have left catalogs and followed up. I am not giving up by any means though.

I also have talked with two successfull women who moved their business more than once and to more than one state. It is the same. Get your name out there and get into fairs/expos. I am doing that except for the fairs yet.

I will try the food thing. I have a very young puppy and have seen my vet (across the street) a lot. No orders, but could change with a recipe? My dentist is across too along with my ins. agent. OOOHHH I like this idea.

It is tough though but I am not frustrated. Just looking at what more I could do or say.

Just don't give up! You could be a simple as making a batch of brownies or cookies or make something in the trifle bowl or on a stone. Leave the product (and a catalog) for them to serve themselves and then go back a few days later to pick up the product. Maybe if you do that often enough and tell them you are looking for ways to get your name out maybe they could help you find some leads or maybe they could do a catalog show or have you set up a live demo during one of their busier times. I KNOW! Make something real sugary and have them eat it right before going to see the dentist!!! Helps both you and the dentist! :D

I had not met many of my neighbors when I 1st started, so I did a Ice Cream Social. We did a sundae bar. I involved the kids and parents kids got to use the PC equiptment and the adult, since experienced got to use anything but (IE knife veggie peeler etc) they had a race for who could chop slice and dice the fruit the fastest (Kids w/ pc always won and they had fun w/the products and wanted mom to buy, what mom doesn't want more help from their kids)?

I also did a get to know your neighbor quiz. I will try and post it, if it doesn't work email me for it you want it. [email protected]

Attachments

• pamper ice cream social.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 556
One other thing I did when I first started was made 6 host packets and went out and did not come home until they were all gone. I hit alot of the grocery stores (wearing my apron), banks (apron off and carried my PC bag in, I spoke briefly w/ personal banker ea. visit to build a relationship, about my banking needs and getting to know her personally. Within a couple months she offered to do a show. Anyone that does a cat. show primarily from work, (ie clinic, hospital vets banks etc) I have the order shipped to me package it and drop it off and I always take in a dessert or lunch for the coworkers. Many thanks and thaey are sure to help again for a free lunch.
I have tried dropping catalogs off at homes but didn't get any results. People want to feel like they are more than an order. we need to find out what will help them and help them to see the need, Nobody really needs to order from you, they can go to walmart or ws, but we can create that need with developing relationships. It is gradual. If you approach a stranger w/out getting to know them 1st then they feel like they are just a sale.

RitaKey said:
One other thing I did when I first started was made 6 host packets and went out and did not come home until they were all gone. I hit alot of the grocery stores (wearing my apron), banks (apron off and carried my PC bag in, I spoke briefly w/ personal banker ea. visit to build a relationship, about my banking needs and getting to know her personally. Within a couple months she offered to do a show. Anyone that does a cat. show primarily from work, (ie clinic, hospital vets banks etc) I have the order shipped to me package it and drop it off and I always take in a dessert or lunch for the coworkers. Many thanks and thaey are sure to help again for a free lunch.
I have tried dropping catalogs off at homes but didn't get any results. People want to feel like they are more than an order. we need to find out what will help them and help them to see the need, Nobody really needs to order from you, they can go to walmart or ws, but we can create that need with developing relationships. It is gradual. If you approach a stranger w/out getting to know them 1st then they feel like they are just a sale.

When you went to the grocery stores did you ask the customers? I am afraid of being kicked out of the store. Did you do it while shopping? Your ideas are great and I do not want people to think they are just a sale. That is the feeling I get when I go door to door so then posted this thread.

Sharon,

I would like to do a brownie thing. I have to take my son back to get a filling done. So I think that is what I'll do.

I have left them a catalog and the dental asst. was talking to me while I was all numb. It was a little hard to get my point across without feeling like a dork.

Try the Hair DresserGo get your hair done and talk to the hair dresser. OR go to different hair dressers with catalogs and hostess packets and see if anyone is interested. Offer to get your hair done in exchange for a kitchen or catalog show. I'm planning to get my hair done today and pitch a catalog show to my hairdresser. I've actually been going there for 10 years so I'm hoping he will want to help me out. With so many loyal customers he could really pass my name around to a lot of people. I've made copies of a a couple of the catalog show flyers to take with me. I also put an outside order form in each catalog. I'll let you know how it goes!

RitaKey said:
That is a great idea to offer to package up the show for the catalog show from a business. I'm going to offer that today to my hair dresser. Thanks.

Maybe you could go to some salons and ask if you could leave some catalogs there or even have a "drawing" of some sort (free cooking show - you know the drill). Yes, I think getting your name out there is paramount! Having an open house, but don't limit it to just the people on your block, but go all over your neighborhood.
The lemonaid lady has some really good ideas. I'll try to remembe her website.

Thanks ladies!

I totally forgot about the hairdresser. I am so broke I have waited to get my hair done. But to barder would be nice. I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Hey ladies!

I am signing up for a fair in July! I am moving the unecessary around and coming up with the fee. It is a race that lasts three days and with 25,000 people! I am really excited and feel I cannot pass this up. It is really what I needed. I am going out to the businesses tomorrow with goodies and handing out the latest specials. I am also going to ask if they would like to have an office express show where I bring the lunch and they can place orders. Then give away the benefits to a lucky employee.

OMG! I just got an online order for a show I am doing in July as well! My Mom's prayers must be working!

to add to the business idea, how about a "treat of the week" drawing, and deliver a treat that you make, and take catalogs, order forms, recruit info, etc... you know the basic packet. I feel the same. I have had 6 postponements since the last week of May... people to busy, family threatened to be killed, t-ball that night, too busy again, etc. Quite frankly I am tired of the excuses. So, I suggest try the tailgate thing at a busy parking lot like I did, and the treat of the week that I am going to try. Please let me know how it goes for you!

Stephanie

Rebecca V;

Loved your sig. line! I'm anxiously waiting for 7 too!
Sorry to Hi-jack!

Thanks Kristi!

I had found it and forgot to post it here. I now have it in my favorites!

Christy,
I am so glad I have a buddy here too who is anxiously awaiting. So I will hijack my own thread and tell you you have to visit www.the-leaky-cauldron.org I love this site. It gives you everything HP and more.

Dentist's/Dr's office treats...I bet you may even do better by offering healthier treats to Dentist's/Dr's. Especially if kids are in the office.

Like a fruit dip and cut up fruits/veges.

Good Luck lots of good ideas here.

Also I have the lemon aide lady book haven't had a chance to read it and don't know where I put it , but i bet if you did a search online you would find info :) Try Barnes and Noble or even Amazon.com

Liz

tpchefrebecca said:
Sharon,

I would like to do a brownie thing. I have to take my son back to get a filling done. So I think that is what I'll do.

I have left them a catalog and the dental asst. was talking to me while I was all numb. It was a little hard to get my point across without feeling like a dork.

1. How can I boost my direct sales through door-to-door marketing?

To boost your direct sales through door-to-door marketing, it is important to have a clear and concise pitch that highlights the benefits of your products or services. Make sure to also have promotional materials such as catalogs, order forms, and business cards to leave with potential customers. Utilizing social media and hosting events such as open houses can also help generate interest and increase sales.

2. How can I handle rejection when going door-to-door?

Rejection is a common part of door-to-door marketing, but it's important to not take it personally. Remember that not everyone will be interested in your products or services, and that's okay. Stay positive and continue to focus on the potential customers who are interested in what you have to offer.

3. What are some effective ways to approach potential customers at the door?

When approaching potential customers at the door, it's important to be friendly and personable. Start by introducing yourself and briefly explaining why you are there. Then, ask if they would be interested in learning more about your products or services. Be sure to have a clear and concise pitch to make a good first impression.

4. How can I make my open houses more successful?

To make your open houses more successful, it's important to plan ahead and promote the event through social media, flyers, and word of mouth. Offer incentives or discounts for attendees and make sure to have plenty of products on display. You can also make the event more interactive by hosting demonstrations or activities related to your products.

5. What can I do if I am having trouble booking shows or generating interest?

If you are having trouble booking shows or generating interest, consider reaching out to your current customers for referrals. You can also try expanding your target audience by reaching out to local businesses or organizations. Additionally, consider offering special promotions or discounts to attract new customers. Continuously updating and promoting your products or services can also help generate interest and increase sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
raebates
  • 1234blessed
  • Pampered Chef Bookings