1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Door prize/Guest slips

1. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

How do you handle storing these? I bought a cool box that they fit it but you you sort by show/date/interest, etc?

Thanks!

May 17, 2009
  2. smithcooking

smithcooking Member

I have an index card box that I have inserted A-Z letters and sort each door prize/guest slips out according to were they need to be placed. I write if someone if interested in something on the back of the t slip and I give that person a call. I go thru the box once a week and pull out who is interested in hosting a show and so on and give those people a call. I try to get them to get a show booked right away, but if that doesn't happen then I do it this way by going thru it once a week. When you have been in this for awhile and have a lot of contacts you may want to do this different. Any other input on this would be great.

May 17, 2009
  3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I listened to one of the Leadership 09 Audios....she sorts her slips in an index card box too. But she sorts them by months ...So, if they've booked in July, the slip is placed there...if they reschedule, you move them to the appropriate month.

I would take it a step further, cause I can be compulsive....I would sort each month with host, recruit or customer care call....that way you can see who was interested and who you need to stay in touch with.

4. I've seen this asked before and I guess I'm too slow to understand...when I get home, I contact the people if they are interested in the opportunity or want to host. If they are maybe's I note that in P3 for when I do customer care calls. I don't keep them...and I can't quite think why to. Can someone help me?

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I am often making calls when I'm not at home. I take my slips with me to make calls when I am going to be sitting in the car or waiting someplace. I often make notes on them when I am chatting with people at the show, and somehow, seeing the notes on the computer doesn't bring back the conversation like seeing my actual written notes.

I don't really have a good way of organizing them though. I just keep them in a manila folder w/ the order forms from the same show...

May 18, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I couldn't keep track of all the little pieces of paper, so I created a solution that fits me:

I purchased a used Palm Tungsten handheld on eBay, and use that for tracking EVERYTHING. It allows me to create a "note" attached to each contact, so that's where I write down details of conversations etc. For following up, I create an appointment in my calendar using the person's name. That way, it'll remind me when it's time to follow up. For example, I spoke with someone the other day, and she wanted me to follow up with her mid-June. So I put an appointment in my calendar for June 12th with her name. Then, when the appointment comes up, I pull up her name in the contacts, and read the notes.

I know I could get a smart phone that does the same thing, but the internet access part would just get me into too much non productive stuff...

May 18, 2009
  7. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't keep them usually. If they want to book a show I'll call within a few days, book it and shred it. Of course I have their info in P3 and my email account if they want my NL. If they want me to call a month later, I'll hang on to it.

May 18, 2009
  8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Ditto to what Becky D said....I don't always have access to my P3....so it's nice to have notes to refer to when I get a chance to call...

9. That makes sense. I have been thinking of those dreaded calls lately and have decided that I'm less overanalytical when I'm driving. I have decided to make some of my calls in the car and be more breezy and casual instead of debating what to say in the quiet of my house :)

10. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

I staple them to a piece of loose leaf paper and store them in a binder behind the month they want me to call. If I can get the booking at the show, I do, but sometimes people want me to call them in the fall, etc...so I store them behind the month I'll call them. That way if they say that it's not a good time, try me in March, I can just move their paper to the next month.

May 18, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted