• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Booth Success with the Perfect Door Prize - Tips and Ideas

nothing.I usually offer a free cooking show or cookbook - so what if everyone wins - I want the quality not the quantity.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
In the earlier thread about cash and carry items someone mentioned about getting more leads. I get the most leads by having a nice door prize. Most of mine came from the mystery boxes at conference. I also use items from the outlet and from the sample packages. For my last booth I used a white tool turn-about and a set of place mats. I got people to stop that were walking by just by offering the free gift.
Everyone has their own ideas for door prizes. I'm not crazy about the "free show" idea and when I'm working a booth that someone else has set up and is offering a free show, when someone starts filling out the slip, I tell them that everybody wins and they ought to go ahead and pick a date.

Try a simple gift certificate $10, $15, $20, and $25 are good options. You can encourage them to increase the amount by having a show or doing a catty show.

I don't even advertise what my door prize is. 99% of the time, I will do a $20 GC redeemable ONLY through me. I don't want a bunch of people filling out slips JUST for my prize, so I ask people when I am talking with them if they want to enter my drawing and then give them a slip. That way, I can also take the slip myself and add my own notes/comments so I remember who they are.

I DO call everyone, though...even if they didn't win my door prize, I offer the free show and tell them (excitement in my voice) about all of the cool and fun theme shows that I offer.

I would rather have a bunch of qualified leads vs a bunch of people hoping to win something for free! I typically offer a free cooking show or cookbook - so what if everyone wins - I want the quality not the quantity.

My question to those of you who give away product or Gift Certs - how often do you turn that customer into a client?? In my opinion there's a big difference in a customer - a person who buys from you one or uses the gift cert and that's it vs the client - who contacts to with all of their PC needs no matter what.

Liz...I have had about a 50/50% split on turning them into long term clients. I think a lot of that is because of "distance"...if they live far away from me they have the idea that they need a local consultant, even though we all know that's not the case.

ltkacz said:
I would rather have a bunch of qualified leads vs a bunch of people hoping to win something for free! I typically offer a free cooking show or cookbook - so what if everyone wins - I want the quality not the quantity.

My question to those of you who give away product or Gift Certs - how often do you turn that customer into a client?? In my opinion there's a big difference in a customer - a person who buys from you one or uses the gift cert and that's it vs the client - who contacts to with all of their PC needs no matter what.[/QUOTE

I called the person that won my door prize about a week later even though she had nothing checked on the slip and she made a booking over the phone.
I can't claim a high rate of success, but I enjoy the events and meeting new people. I would have to change almost everything I do if PC was my main source of income. I gave away $50 worth of food and offered to match the PC donation for a Girl Scouts in the Kitchen fundraiser show yesterday. I'll be willing to bet I'll see new shows one day because of it.

I have done gift certificates redeemable only through me, and the people never even called to redeem them. What amount do you usually do? I always find with the price of the booth and the money I lose by not charging direct shipping, I end up WAY upside down.

I only let those who are genuinely interested fill out my slips. I have read on here and also been told at Cluster meetings you get tons on "no interest except something for free" slips filled out. If they want to book a Show, I talk to them briefly about dates...let them fill out the slip...and tell them I will let them know if they win! I gave 2 $25 gift certificates to the local MOPS group (which they were supposed to use in 2 different months) and they gave both in September. I got one call from one lady who used to be a PC consultant herself and never heard from the other one. I figure the former PC will not call me but her Recruiter for future purchases. I also gave "free registration" to my Kids in the Kitchen Workshop which worked out better for me. The lady who won it is coming to 2 more and made a $10 purchase (not much but better than nothing)!

What is a Door Prize for Booth?

A Door Prize for Booth is a giveaway or prize that is used to attract people to a booth or table at an event or trade show. It is typically used as a marketing tool to generate interest and engagement with potential customers.

Why should I offer a Door Prize for Booth?

Offering a Door Prize for Booth can help increase traffic and attention to your booth at events or trade shows. It can also serve as a way to collect contact information from potential customers for future marketing efforts.

How do I choose a Door Prize for Booth?

When choosing a Door Prize for Booth, it is important to consider your target audience and what would appeal to them. It could be a product related to your business, a gift card, or a popular item that everyone would want to win.

What is the best way to promote a Door Prize for Booth?

Promoting your Door Prize for Booth through social media, event websites, and email marketing can help generate buzz and attract more people to your booth. You can also display the prize at your booth and have signage or flyers promoting the giveaway.

How do I handle the logistics of a Door Prize for Booth?

It is important to have clear rules and guidelines for your Door Prize for Booth, such as how to enter, when the winner will be announced, and how the prize will be delivered. You should also have a plan for collecting contact information from participants and announcing the winner at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
milkangel