• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Boost Sales in a Slow Month Without Appearing Desperate?

In summary, Kelly was having a hard time this month and she needed help from her customers. She sent out an email asking for help and explained what was going on. She offered a free gift with every order and mentioned that she was looking for someone to help her put on a show this month. She also called her customers multiple times but none of them answered.
KellyRedHead
I am wondering if you guys can give me a suggestion.

I have busy with my Mom the last month with her being in the hospital and then rehab for physical therapy and now out patient therapy. I am the only child closest to her (she lives with me, that's pretty close LOL!) So I have been tied up with that and I have nothing for AUgust.
I have sent out my monthly newsletter and my outlet newsletter and nothing no orders nothing from my website.

Is there an email I could send out and not sound desperate for orders? Like help me out this month and receive 5% off your next order at a show thru me?? I don't know something like that, but the words escape me!

Did not know if any of you have had this problem before.

Thanks in advance!
Kelly V.

Host your own show and throw in a SB free for every order placed. it will cost you less than a dollar per order and be an extra bonus for orders.

JDooley said:
Host your own show and throw in a SB free for every order placed. it will cost you less than a dollar per order and be an extra bonus for orders.

Like an online show?? Or throw together a quick home show??
Home show I am not sure I can pull off before the 31st. Do weekends work for people in August or weekdays. My weekdays (or nights) are full until the 31st my sister is home from Georgia to see my Mom.

Kelly V.

Do an online/catalog show.

treat the nurses where your mom has been treated with a dessert.. then let them see a catalog.. :)

I agree with Terry. Also, in this case, don't mind sounding desperate. Send out an e-mail describing all you've been through this month, how much you love helping people through your PC business, and how you don't want to lose your active status. Ask for just 10 orders by 8/25, then send out an update ("just 7 more orders needed" "I only need 4 more orders, " etc). Don't say you need $150.00, because you may get an average of $30.00 per order. If you don't get there by your deadline, keep sending out requests for 'just two more orders' until you reach your goal!

Follow-up with phone calls, too. People might read the e-mail and think "ok, I'll do this later," and forget; but, if you're sitting there on the phone with them, answering questions and making suggestions, they'll be more likely to actually place the order if they're interested.

When I got sick in Decmber and ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks then in bed for 2 and half months and told I could not be on my feet for parties until the end of April, I sent out an e-mail to my entire contact list. I told them exacatly what was going on and that I needed their help. I got plenty of help. Never be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

Send out an email like John said. Offer a free gift with every order and then include a SBRC when they arrive. When I was gunning for TPC, I offered 25% off every order over $100. I had someone order $500 worth! It was worth it to me. (but don't offer more than what your commission will cover--I was earning at least 25% that month, so it wasn't all lost.)But you should have totally been hitting up all the hospital staff! Go back and bring them a plate of treats and some catalogs and find a 'point person" for a quick catalog show. I bet they'll do it. Again, explain to them that you need help (i.e. SALES!) since you were tied up with your mom.

colegrovet said:
treat the nurses where your mom has been treated with a dessert.. then let them see a catalog.. :)

Did that, got nothing.
Also girls in admissions office WERE going to order something. Checked with them when Mom checked out of the Physical Rehab place, said they weren't done with their order yet.
Have called 3 times and the last two get answering machine and they don't call me back!

Would you suggest sending out an email to my customers on my email list for the online show, or friends and family and/or both??

Should I offer them this season's best or the new one when it comes out?

Kelly V.

You send it out to everyone on your e-mail lists. Not just hosts or customers, but friends family, the lady down the street who e-mailed you once! EVERYONE!!!! Knock ont he neighbors doors too if you can.
The worst that can happen is a no. But odds are someone will order. It is that simple. DO NOT EXCLUDE ANYONE. You can not afford too.

Okay, I am going to take your advice and send out an email explaining how with my Mom being sick over the last month and a half I haven't been very active and I need to stay active etc.... (Have to work on the wording,, not my strong suit!)

What would you put for a subject line to get their attention and have them open the email??

Thanks for all your help, you are all great and I don't know what I would do with out this website sometimes!
I don't want to go inactive and loose my career sales! Did it once when I first started and wanted to kick myself.

Kelly V.

This is what I sent when I offered my sale to earn TPC:Subject line was: Pampered Chef 25% off sale

Celebrate Summer with 25% off! Now through Wednesday, May 28th!

Get ready for summer with a HUGE discount! Place your order with me by Wednesday, May 28th to receive the following discounts:
 All orders of $100 or more in products will receive 25% off. Ask a couple friends to combine an order with you and you all save!
 Every order placed will receive a FREE Seasons Best Cookbook
 Get our exclusive pink Help Whip Cancer items available only in May! Buy all three for just $20 (save $1). For each item purchased, $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society to help fight breast cancer.

Check out our summer entertaining items such as our Chillzanne Collection, our new Collapsible Bowl, our Outdoor Party Plates, Utensils, Tumbler, and Plate Caddy, and of course our popular Quick Stir Pitchers. Check out our line of awesome Grilling Tools and our spices and rubs—great for Father’s Day gifts! Have a bridal shower or wedding to attend this summer? Start the bride and groom off right with the best kitchen tools around! A set of Stainless Steel Mixing bowls is a perfect gift! Or, just treat yourself! ***This discount includes everything in the entire catalog including STONEWARE and COOKWARE too!***

You are one of my preferred customers—your support of my business has brought me this far! Thank you!! I am very close to a personal goal of mine and I’m asking for your help! If you know of anyone who could benefit from this email, please pass it on! I gladly accept referrals and will give a thank you gift for helping me.

If you would like to look through the catalog, visit my website at .biz/xxxxxxxxxx. Remember, you MUST call me (xxx-xxx-xxxx—please leave a message with the items you would like to order and I will return your call) or email me to get the 25% discount. This offer is only valid through me. All orders placed by May 28th should arrive in time for Father’s Day.

Happy Shopping! Please let me know if you have any questions!

You might include a list of the retiring products to get people to place orders that way.My "show" was well over $500 and I kept the host benefits. I think I originally got the wording from Kristi PampMomof3.

Last edited:
Deb, you are a smart cookie!

Kelly:

I, too, have been dealing with the same type of issue but since February when I first joined. My first month when all my shows were to take place, my brother died very unexpectedly and it was the first loss in our family. We were all numb! Two of my hostesses were my mom and sister. Needless to say, I was in no mood to do the business since I do have a full-time job also. My other host was my boss, so we didn't do a show with that one either.

When I thought it was safe to go back in the water, my 93 year old dad fell and broke his hip the first week in May. Eight weeks later he finally gets to come home, but all those weeks I was the one visiting with him each day and making sure he was doing well in the hospital and nursing home. He got to go home July 2nd!

It is now August and I am thinking it's time to do some business, and I get the email saying that I need to submit or go inactive. I've been in PC before but just couldn't swing two jobs. I refuse to fail this time. I love the products and the people I get to meet.

Anyway, my former upline who quit the business maybe 5 years ago is still in touch and I asked her for her help and knowledge. I dropped off two catalogs at her job and told her I would make her the hostess if we could pull this off. I gave my mom and sister each a catalog and told them I'm ready when they are. I gave catalogs to the girls at the coffee drive-thru.

Also, with the new catalog coming out in September(?), what items are being discontinued? I went to PC online and spent a lot of time searching but came up empty handed. (I found the new products. Pretty cool!) Does anyone know was going out? I would like to be sure and let everyone know what they need to purchase NOW if it's on the discontinued list.

Sorry this is so long, but just wanted to let you know where I'm coming from. I'm sure some will think I should contact my director, but my director has not called me one time since I joined. I went to her house the day I joined online and looked through her inventory to see what was new, but have not talked or been invited to a cluster meeting. Not sure if she even has meetings anymore. I may have made a mistake by rejoining under her, but I worry about hurting feelings.

I wish you all the best, Kelly, and know it will work out for you if you have the desire and passion. Please take time for yourself. It takes a lot to care for an adult parent.

Blessings,

Deej

Thank you Deej for sharing your story with me!
We have to be there for our parents, as they were there for us!
I have two other sisters, but they live further away and are unable to be her all the time, so it is me she counts on.

I just sent an email out, like John, Deb and a few others suggested.
So we will see what happens.

Sorry to hear that your recruiter dropped the ball when it came to helping or keeping in contact with you. Is there a upline you can go to that maybe able to help, or has a team cluster meeting?? If not call HO and ask if there are other directors around your area you could get help from. Couldn't hurt.

I will let you all know how I make out with my email!

Kelly V.

Kelly:

Would you mind emailing me your email. My email is [email protected].

Thanks,

Deej

DebbieJ said:
This is what I sent when I offered my sale to earn TPC:

Subject line was: Pampered Chef 25% off sale

Celebrate Summer with 25% off! Now through Wednesday, May 28th!

Get ready for summer with a HUGE discount! Place your order with me by Wednesday, May 28th to receive the following discounts:
 All orders of $100 or more in products will receive 25% off. Ask a couple friends to combine an order with you and you all save!
 Every order placed will receive a FREE Seasons Best Cookbook
 Get our exclusive pink Help Whip Cancer items available only in May! Buy all three for just $20 (save $1). For each item purchased, $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society to help fight breast cancer.

Check out our summer entertaining items such as our Chillzanne Collection, our new Collapsible Bowl, our Outdoor Party Plates, Utensils, Tumbler, and Plate Caddy, and of course our popular Quick Stir Pitchers. Check out our line of awesome Grilling Tools and our spices and rubs—great for Father’s Day gifts! Have a bridal shower or wedding to attend this summer? Start the bride and groom off right with the best kitchen tools around! A set of Stainless Steel Mixing bowls is a perfect gift! Or, just treat yourself! ***This discount includes everything in the entire catalog including STONEWARE and COOKWARE too!***

You are one of my preferred customers—your support of my business has brought me this far! Thank you!! I am very close to a personal goal of mine and I’m asking for your help! If you know of anyone who could benefit from this email, please pass it on! I gladly accept referrals and will give a thank you gift for helping me.

If you would like to look through the catalog, visit my website at .biz/xxxxxxxxxx. Remember, you MUST call me (xxx-xxx-xxxx—please leave a message with the items you would like to order and I will return your call) or email me to get the 25% discount. This offer is only valid through me. All orders placed by May 28th should arrive in time for Father’s Day.

Happy Shopping! Please let me know if you have any questions!

You might include a list of the retiring products to get people to place orders that way.

My "show" was well over $500 and I kept the host benefits.

I think I originally got the wording from Kristi PampMomof3.

Just sent out this e-mail...well my version of it. I am prayer it gets me some additional sales so I can remain active for August. I have 3 orders for August but still not $150.

Not sure if this will help you but what I am doing is promoting the 2008 Trivet and sharing the fact that for every trivet purchased PC will donate $2 to Feeding America. I am strictly focusing on this "campaign" with the deadline to order the 2008 trivet by August 28. I am also offering a special deal for all who order that they can pay $15 total which will save them $3.03 on shipping and handling. I will submit it as a catalog show with me as the host and deliver the trivets when they come in. I thought it would be a great way to offer last chance on the 2008 trivet. Just an idea...hope this helps! And yes I plan on visiting all my neighbors as well as contacting everyone who has ever ordered PC products from me.

1. How can I avoid going inactive with Pampered Chef?

To avoid going inactive with Pampered Chef, you can stay active by submitting at least $150 in personal sales every rolling three months. This can be achieved by hosting parties, selling products to friends and family, or even purchasing products for yourself.

2. What happens if I go inactive with Pampered Chef?

If you go inactive with Pampered Chef, you will no longer be eligible for any commission or bonuses. Your account will also be deactivated and you will lose access to your personal website and back office. However, you can reactivate your account by meeting the necessary sales requirements.

3. Can I still earn money if I go inactive with Pampered Chef?

No, you will not be able to earn any commission or bonuses if you go inactive with Pampered Chef. In order to continue earning money, you must remain an active consultant by meeting the required sales threshold.

4. How can I track my sales and avoid going inactive?

You can track your sales and ensure you do not go inactive by regularly checking your sales dashboard in your back office. This will show you how much you have sold and how much more you need to sell to remain active. You can also set reminders for when your sales are due.

5. Will I lose my team if I go inactive with Pampered Chef?

If you go inactive with Pampered Chef, your team will not be affected. However, you will not be able to earn any commission or bonuses from their sales until you reactivate your account. It is important to stay active to continue supporting and earning from your team's sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • sarahsworld2000