• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Use Hand Sanitizer!

In summary, my sister teaches food safety for a living and says that unless it is approved by the FDA, you should not use any kind of had sanitizer before handling food. She also says that if you use soap without water, there is no sticky residue and there is no risk of transferring any taste to the food. She suggests using gloves on paperwork/supply and everyone is happy.
DeeisPampered
My sister teaches food safety for a living. She just told me that I shouldn't use ANY kind of had sanitizer before handling food unless it is APPROVED BY the FDA. There are ingredients in the sanitizer that are dangerous if ingested and can be transfered to food if you use them right before you touch your food! I am freaking out because I was and use sanitizer at every show and I just checked and it isn't approved. Into the garbage it went! Pass it on!

God Bless,
Dee

Use PC soapI put our Lemon & Rosemary soap into our Suds' Pump and use that (no water) right before I demo. I show that it's easy to do, wipe it off with a towel and there is no sticky residue. I've never "tasted" my fingers afterward but don't think they'd transfer any soapy taste to the food. It's an alternative that sells soap & pumps. :eek:

Yes, it does sell soap and pumps, however, our soap is not antibacterial soap and thus we do not get that added protection when we use it.

Plus, as much as I love our products, I will not use the pump because when you water down the antibacterial soap, you loose all the antibacterial properties that were put in there to kill the bacteria. I could tell you things that would curl your hair about food and bacteria and such that I have learned from my sister.

This is what she does for a living. Not only does she teach this on a college level for a MAJOR cullinary arts school, but she has done consulting work with several large companies you would recognize to teach their employees FOOD PREP safety. It scares me sometimes to think about it.

God Bless,
Dee

Buy the gloves on paperwork/supply. Then everyone is happy.

Hi Dee,Thank you for sharing this important information about food safety. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is crucial for us to prioritize the safety and well-being of our customers. I will definitely be passing on this advice to my team and making sure we are only using FDA-approved hand sanitizers at our shows. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Stay safe and happy cooking!Best,

1. Can I use hand sanitizer while cooking?

It is not recommended to use hand sanitizer while cooking as it can be flammable and may also contain chemicals that are not safe for food contact.

2. Why shouldn't I use hand sanitizer before handling food?

Hand sanitizer can leave a residue on your hands that can transfer onto food, altering its taste and potentially causing harm if ingested.

3. Is washing my hands with soap and water enough?

Yes, washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is the most effective way to remove germs and bacteria from your hands before handling food.

4. What alternatives can I use instead of hand sanitizer?

If you do not have access to soap and water, you can use a hand sanitizer that is specifically labeled as safe for food contact. Alternatively, you can use disposable gloves while handling food.

5. Can hand sanitizer be used for cleaning kitchen surfaces?

No, hand sanitizer is not effective for cleaning kitchen surfaces. It is important to use a disinfectant cleaner specifically designed for kitchen surfaces to ensure they are properly sanitized.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies