1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Don't Use Hand Sanitizer!

1. DeeisPampered

DeeisPampered Novice Member

My sister teaches food safety for a living. She just told me that I shouldn't use ANY kind of had sanitizer before handling food unless it is APPROVED BY the FDA. There are ingredients in the sanitizer that are dangerous if ingested and can be transfered to food if you use them right before you touch your food! I am freaking out because I was and use sanitizer at every show and I just checked and it isn't approved. Into the garbage it went! Pass it on!

God Bless,
    Dee

Jan 24, 2006
  2. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Use PC soap

I put our Lemon & Rosemary soap into our Suds' Pump and use that (no water) right before I demo. I show that it's easy to do, wipe it off with a towel and there is no sticky residue. I've never "tasted" my fingers afterward but don't think they'd transfer any soapy taste to the food. It's an alternative that sells soap & pumps. :eek:

Jan 24, 2006
  3. DeeisPampered

DeeisPampered Novice Member

Yes, it does sell soap and pumps, however, our soap is not antibacterial soap and thus we do not get that added protection when we use it.

Plus, as much as I love our products, I will not use the pump because when you water down the antibacterial soap, you loose all the antibacterial properties that were put in there to kill the bacteria. I could tell you things that would curl your hair about food and bacteria and such that I have learned from my sister.

This is what she does for a living. Not only does she teach this on a college level for a MAJOR cullinary arts school, but she has done consulting work with several large companies you would recognize to teach their employees FOOD PREP safety. It scares me sometimes to think about it.

God Bless,
    Dee

Jan 25, 2006
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Buy the gloves on paperwork/supply. Then everyone is happy.

Jan 25, 2006
Have something to add?