• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Heating Water on the Stove for a Sinus Rinse Safe?

In summary, a woman had a dishwasher explode and her home caught on fire because of it. She was disappointed that the hostess wasn't more impressed.
akrebecca
Silver Member
Because of my wonderful sinus issues I do a sinus rinse twice a day. Usually in the morning & at night. Missed last night's & had no time this morning. After dropping off the kids, visiting the Chiro, picking up a classroom snack & dropping it off at school, I finally made it home. I could tell I was suffering so I needed to rinse my sinuses. Microwave died a couple weeks ago and we have not replaced it yet. So I have been heating up water and immersing the bottle to warm the rinse water. Got home around 2 & followed my usual routine for the nose thing. Headed off to Girl Scouts at 3 and had a great troop meeting. Called DH at about 5 to find out what he was thinking for dinner. He wasn't sure about dinner but he thought that what was cooking on the stove looked done. Huh???:confused:

Then, I just put my head in my hands and asked if him he had turned off the stove. Of course he did.

Surveying the scene of diaster, I thought "I will never get this clean. Ruined one of my Pampered Chef pans. Ah well, we'll see." (Pic#1)

The melted bottle easily came off with a slight tug. Huh. Cool. (Pic#2) We'll see about the burnt on minerals & plastic. Would ya look at that. Came off with one swipe of a damp cloth. (#3) Scrubbed the rest off with a paste of baking soda and water. (#4)

Today's Lesson-Just heat the water and pour into another container for heating. God-I can't wait till we get a new microwave!

BTW: I am thinking about selling my new work of art on ebay, what should I name it? (#5)

Attachments

• pampered chef 003.JPG
    pampered chef 003.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 521
  • pampered chef 007.JPG
    pampered chef 007.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 479
  • pampered chef 012.jpg
    pampered chef 012.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 512
  • pampered chef 016.JPG
    pampered chef 016.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 497
  • pampered chef 004.JPG
    pampered chef 004.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 487
I'm impressed! You need to take those photos to your show AND forward it to Corporate!!!

Whoa! Quite the non-stick testimonial! Glad there wasn't a fire.

Wow, that's amazing.

Great story to tell at your shows!

I've actually heard a story that someone's home was probably saved from burning because they had PC cookware. Forgot it on the stove after leaving the house.

one of my hostess' left a soup bone cooking on high in one of the big pots.. when everyone came home several hours later the house was full of smoke and when the firefighters got there they found it came from the kitchen. They brought the pot out and took the lid off and the bone was ashes.. They said if it had been any other cheap pot it would have burnt the house down. It contained the fire inside it.. that was amazing.. She contacted the HO and the lady just said that is great at least your house didn't burn... she was disappointed that they weren't more excited or impressed or something..

What is "Don't Try This at Home..."?

"Don't Try This at Home..." is a collection of recipes and cooking techniques that are best left to professionals or highly experienced home cooks. They are designed to be fun and entertaining, but should be attempted with caution.

What kinds of recipes can be found in "Don't Try This at Home..."?

The recipes in "Don't Try This at Home..." range from complex dishes that require advanced cooking skills, to recipes that involve potentially dangerous techniques such as deep frying or working with open flames.

Are the recipes in "Don't Try This at Home..." safe to make?

While the recipes in "Don't Try This at Home..." have been tested and are considered safe, they should only be attempted by experienced cooks who are comfortable with the techniques involved. It is important to read the recipe carefully and follow all safety precautions.

Can I modify the recipes in "Don't Try This at Home..." to make them safer?

We do not recommend modifying the recipes in "Don't Try This at Home..." as they have been carefully crafted to achieve the desired results. Any modifications may alter the taste or texture of the dish and could potentially compromise safety.

Is "Don't Try This at Home..." suitable for children?

No, "Don't Try This at Home..." is not suitable for children. It is intended for experienced cooks who are aware of potential hazards in the kitchen and can safely navigate them. Parents should use their discretion and supervise their children while attempting any recipes from the collection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies