• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Don't Have a 9Oz Cake Mix-What Is the Measurement?

In summary, a 9oz cake mix would be 1 & 2/3 cups. There are other recipes that call for a different amount, but this is what I've found.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm in a rush this morning, so I'm trying to look this up, but thought I'd post here just in case someone sees it who knows and can save me! :D

I'm making the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake but don't have a 9 oz package, I just have a standard size one. I thought there was a "Cook's Tip" that offered the amount that you can use if you don't have a 9 oz pkg, but can't find it now. I do remember there are other recipes that call for it too, where they've given a measurement, but I thought I also remember different recipes having different amounts mentioned so it conflicted. I could be remembering wrong, though...

Anyway, anyone know the measurement of what a 9 oz. cake mix would be?

babywings76 said:
I'm in a rush this morning, so I'm trying to look this up, but thought I'd post here just in case someone sees it who knows and can save me! :D

I'm making the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake but don't have a 9 oz package, I just have a standard size one. I thought there was a "Cook's Tip" that offered the amount that you can use if you don't have a 9 oz pkg, but can't find it now. I do remember there are other recipes that call for it too, where they've given a measurement, but I thought I also remember different recipes having different amounts mentioned so it conflicted. I could be remembering wrong, though...

Anyway, anyone know the measurement of what a 9 oz. cake mix would be?

I've made the cake dozens of times. I just half the regular mix. I have an old WW scale, so I do it that way, but I'm sure just looking at it should be fine....HTH :D

Thanks, Ginger! :)I also found a couple other recipes for the 9oz cake mixes and they said 1 & 2/3 cups could be used instead.

babywings76 said:
Thanks, Ginger! :)

I also found a couple other recipes for the 9oz cake mixes and they said 1 & 2/3 cups could be used instead.

Enjoy....
I LOVE that cake, now I want some :(

Too late to help out this time, but ...

My mom likes the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake a LOT - she takes it to covered dish dinners all the time :) What she's been doing is to use a REGULAR cake mix, but makes TWO cakes at once (so, double the ingredients you add to the cake mix). She then wraps and freezes the second cake mix so she doesn't have to bake the next time, and can put it together faster. Her comment: "well, the torte pans come in a set of two, I might as well use them both!"

This is too late for this recipe BUT, I wanted to call your attention to the fact that Duncan Hines and BEtty Crocker have both changed the amount of mix in their standard flavors from 18 to 16 oz. I don't know how this will affect anything because DH and BC CLAIM that the cakes still bake up the same amt.

1. How much flour should I use if I don't have a 9oz cake mix?

For every 9oz of cake mix, you will need approximately 1 and 1/2 cups of flour.

2. Can I substitute a different type of cake mix for the 9oz cake mix?

Yes, you can substitute a different type of cake mix. Just make sure to adjust the amount of flour accordingly. For example, if you are using an 18oz cake mix, you will need 3 cups of flour.

3. How many eggs do I need if I don't have a 9oz cake mix?

For every 9oz of cake mix, you will need 2 eggs. So if you are using a different size cake mix, adjust the number of eggs accordingly.

4. Can I use a gluten-free cake mix instead of the 9oz cake mix?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free cake mix. Just make sure to adjust the amount of flour and other ingredients accordingly to match the size of the cake mix you are using.

5. What other ingredients do I need if I don't have a 9oz cake mix?

In addition to flour and eggs, you will also need oil and water. The amount of oil and water needed may vary depending on the type and size of cake mix you are using. Refer to the package instructions for the specific amounts needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • BeckyC5830