• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Consultants Let Me Down?

In summary, an experienced consultant was supposed to promote me to director, but they didn't submit the show, and now I don't know if it's even submitted. I'm disappointed and sad.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I am trying really hard not to cry with disappointment today. I had ALL of the shows I needed this month to promote to director. Everyone had done their shows. I'd met my sales requirements, and my cluster had met theirs...with 9 consultants submitting shows - 7 lines.

Wednesday - the one show that would have promoted me to director was supposed to have been submitted, but she didn't have her debit card #. My Sr. Consultant, and her recruit assured me she would call the next day, get the # and make sure the show was submitted. Well, it's Saturday afternoon, and the show wasn't submitted yet. Which means, if she didn't call to get the #, there is no way that she will before June 1st. I don't know, because now, neither one of them are responding to messages/emails. My guess is they didn't submit the show - if they had, they would probably respond. They KNEW what was riding on this one show for me. I told them I NEVER pressure people about sales (and I really wasn't this time - just making sure they knew how important this show was for me this month only) but just this month I really needed it.

I can't tell you the last time I was this disappointed. I'm sick to my stomach over it. I'm trying to have a good weekend...but I'm so sad....

Oh no Becky! I'd be sick about it too. HO has Saturday hours, I don't know how late they stay there on Sat though. Are they still new enough that they can use their personal debit/credit card? I am sick for you too!

Are you sure she didn't submit and maybe it is on hold? Call HO, they will tell you that info.

I know that they said tech support would be in on Monday night so there is likely a way to get the info needed by the 31st. Call and find out FOR her and then email, call, text, etc to let her know how to get the # and get the show in.

Keep the faith, keep trying to get up with her. Know we're praying for you. ...and if need be you still have June to get it and have the director status for conference.

Thank You Linda & Beth...I love you both!

Thanks for the pep talk, Linda! It's not over til it's over!

And Beth - I didn't know about Tech Support being open on Monday! There is hope! KISSES!

If you can't get the debit #, you can use any CC #, just pay thru a guest for the show total! Then the total due on the show will be $0!! No need for the debit!

Girl - You know I'm there for you!

new consultants can use their own debit/credit card for their first 30 days (at least--it might be longer!). She can submit it without the PC debit.Also, she can call the automated info line at 800-449-2433 to retrieve her #.

mscharf said:
If you can't get the debit #, you can use any CC #, just pay thru a guest for the show total! Then the total due on the show will be $0!! No need for the debit!

or do this.

DebbieJ said:
new consultants can use their own debit/credit card for their first 30 days (at least--it might be longer!). She can submit it without the PC debit.

Also, she can call the automated info line at 800-449-2433 to retrieve her #.

If I were you I'd do this for her with her on the line. She would need to give her SS# I believe in order to get the number. Make it as easy as you can for her.

Or like was suggested have her use her credit or regular debit card on a guest order to cover the difference.

Walk her through it and stay on the line until she sees success!! Good luck and good vibes coming your way!

BethCooks4U said:
If I were you I'd do this for her with her on the line. She would need to give her SS# I believe in order to get the number. Make it as easy as you can for her.

Or like was suggested have her use her credit or regular debit card on a guest order to cover the difference.

Walk her through it and stay on the line until she sees success!! Good luck and good vibes coming your way!

See, here's the deal:

I've never talked to her. I've never met her. She doesn't respond to my messages/emails EVER. I communicate to/about her with her recruiter - who also just finished her 30 days. So a couple of newbies.

She also doesn't have internet at home, and so her recruiter added her as a user on her computer, and was supposed to submit the show for her.

She wanted to use her PC debit - but the show hasn't ever been submitted, and now, I'm not getting any response from the Recruiting Consultant either. I've emailed her, and I've left her phone messages. I KNOW she always has her phone with her, and doesn't have a house phone, so I'm sure she's getting the messages (she also gets her email on her phone).

I just left her a message telling her to please give me a call, because I have some different options to make sure we can get this show submitted on time, and I want to go over them with her, so that we can get it done!

I could be wrong but don't you have till JULY 1 to promote

chef131doreen said:
I could be wrong but don't you have till JULY 1 to promote

Yes, but I WANT to promote June 1st. Everything else is in place to promote...and this show is done, and in the computer - it's just a matter of payment for the show, and hitting submit. It's all there. How could I not promote when I'm this close?!

In your messages, are you focused on what's in it for her--if she doesn't have much relationship with you a great way to start one is by doing her the huge favor of qualifying this month, before the deadline, and all the benefits she gets--maybe even some incentive (that you create) for people that qualify in May 2010? You don't have to tell her you created it. Maybe all your downline that qualifies in May 2010 gets a (????whatever), and since she was so close maybe she'd like your help to get it.

Maybe you just realized how close she is to this incentive, and you're not sure if she knows about it? (since it didn't exist 10 minutes ago)

If you have an idea of what she has already, it may help you, or it might be some kind of business tool.
Good luck, Becky, I hope you get it done!
Marghi

I hate that we have to rely on a particular person (I call them the chosen ones) to determine our "level". You are a good example of someone who works with her team and is obvoiusly doing the job of director but because of one *chosen* person it may evade you yet another month...

In my opinion, all this career plan does is MAKE us directors lean more on certain people in our downline to submit sales and recruit. In the past we had to have a certain number of recruits and as a team hit a certain sales level along with having the personal sales. Now we have to get others to also recruit and, worse part, make sure both the recruiter and recruit submit in the same month - no, worse part is TWO such teams must submit in the same month.

This month I ended up giving an order to a downline consultant to make sure that I held the title through the summer. I've never lost my title yet but I don't know what the team will do or not do this summer so I wanted to be sure that I had my title in May since everything was in place but one person. Then one of my SC's finally called me back and she's submitting this month too so again 3 SC teams in one month and probably one each month for the next 2 - that's usually what happens. Had she returned my calls and said she was submitting the other consultant would have sent hers in June which is what she wanted to do and I would have been pretty sure to have performed as director next month too. Oh well...

In a perfect world everyone would be recruiting and it would be a piece of cake to "perform as" a director but last time I checked this world ain't perfect.

Again, my heart aches for you Becky. It will happen and you deserve it more than anyone I know.

BlueMoon said:
In your messages, are you focused on what's in it for her--if she doesn't have much relationship with you a great way to start one is by doing her the huge favor of qualifying this month, before the deadline, and all the benefits she gets--maybe even some incentive (that you create) for people that qualify in May 2010? You don't have to tell her you created it. Maybe all your downline that qualifies in May 2010 gets a (????whatever), and since she was so close maybe she'd like your help to get it.

Maybe you just realized how close she is to this incentive, and you're not sure if she knows about it? (since it didn't exist 10 minutes ago)

If you have an idea of what she has already, it may help you, or it might be some kind of business tool.
Good luck, Becky, I hope you get it done!
Marghi

The only problem is that since she doesn't have email at home, and she doesn't respond to me anyway - I have no way of knowing if she's getting any messages I'm sending via phone or email. This is her first show - she signed in April, but decided to put off her grand opening show til May....she doesn't seem to be motivated by free product. (she totally skipped submitting shows in her first 30 days!) She won't qualify with this show - she'll just be submitting her first show. That's all I need for her to do to create that 2nd Sr. Consultant line.

BethCooks4U said:
I hate that we have to rely on a particular person (I call them the chosen ones) to determine our "level". You are a good example of someone who works with her team and is obvoiusly doing the job of director but because of one *chosen* person it may evade you yet another month...

In my opinion, all this career plan does is MAKE us directors lean more on certain people in our downline to submit sales and recruit. In the past we had to have a certain number of recruits and as a team hit a certain sales level along with having the personal sales. Now we have to get others to also recruit and, worse part, make sure both the recruiter and recruit submit in the same month - no, worse part is TWO such teams must submit in the same month.

This month I ended up giving an order to a downline consultant to make sure that I held the title through the summer. I've never lost my title yet but I don't know what the team will do or not do this summer so I wanted to be sure that I had my title in May since everything was in place but one person. Then one of my SC's finally called me back and she's submitting this month too so again 3 SC teams in one month and probably one each month for the next 2 - that's usually what happens. Had she returned my calls and said she was submitting the other consultant would have sent hers in June which is what she wanted to do and I would have been pretty sure to have performed as director next month too. Oh well...

In a perfect world everyone would be recruiting and it would be a piece of cake to "perform as" a director but last time I checked this world ain't perfect.

Again, my heart aches for you Becky. It will happen and you deserve it more than anyone I know.

I agree, Beth. It's so frustrating to know that if this were the "old" career plan, I would have been a director for over 6 months now. I have a team of 13 consultants and I've had at least 5 active, and $4000 a month in sales since last October! I just have to keep telling myself that I can't compare, and be thankful that at least being a TL is better than when I was a FD - and I've consistently gotten HO leads, etc....

Now, I'm just waiting for a call back from the recruiting consultant so that we can get this show submitted. If she will just call me back, I know we can get this done!

Becky ... so sorry but here's one more option? TEXT HER! If you haven't tried texting either of them.. especially the one with the computer, try it. SO many people now don't listen to their messages. They just let their box fill up and then get dumped. Try texting just as one more avenue to reach them. It has worked for me and several of my consultants with several hosts... these new recruits might just be the same way. It can't hurt to try.

quiverfull7 said:
Becky ... so sorry but here's one more option? TEXT HER! If you haven't tried texting either of them.. especially the one with the computer, try it. SO many people now don't listen to their messages. They just let their box fill up and then get dumped. Try texting just as one more avenue to reach them. It has worked for me and several of my consultants with several hosts... these new recruits might just be the same way. It can't hurt to try.

LOL....I don't even have texting on my phone! I guess that's something I need to consider. :eek:

And USUALLY, my Sr. Consultant is good about returning emails and phone messages. :(

Well...borrow some teenagers phone!!!!!!!!! :) Thankfully, you've got til Monday night! I'll be praying they touch base and this all happens. Look UP... don't cry ... too much, and trust that this will still come together!!!!!!

Keep in mind some people do go away or do a lot of family things on the holiday weekend. I feel bad for you to be that close and to have just the one thing in your way!

Having the last day of the month be a holiday is NOT helpful! You shouldn't have to spend your holiday weekend in turmoil as to whether these people will get their acts together and get this one show submitted. Then what's going to happen next month? Will both SC lines be active?

Becky - I feel your pain. Why? Because I am in your SAME EXACT position. I have EVERYTHING in place...all but one are active, I hit my sales, we hit cluster sales but I have ONE consultant...ONE....who hasn't submitted the $150 and because I'm at the bare minimum of 6, I need 100% participation in being active.

We can see the finish line but there is just one show/consultant holding us from crossing the finish line.

My thoughts are with you on this. Best wishes.

Becca_in_MD said:
Having the last day of the month be a holiday is NOT helpful! You shouldn't have to spend your holiday weekend in turmoil as to whether these people will get their acts together and get this one show submitted. Then what's going to happen next month? Will both SC lines be active?

Yes, according to my cluster calendar, both SC lines have shows in June...

wadesgirl said:
Keep in mind some people do go away or do a lot of family things on the holiday weekend. I feel bad for you to be that close and to have just the one thing in your way!

I know....and the fact that we are having near perfect weather here doesn't help - everyone is out and about. Except me...I sitting here waiting...and waiting...and waiting....:rolleyes:

Melissa78 said:
Becky - I feel your pain. Why? Because I am in your SAME EXACT position. I have EVERYTHING in place...all but one are active, I hit my sales, we hit cluster sales but I have ONE consultant...ONE....who hasn't submitted the $150 and because I'm at the bare minimum of 6, I need 100% participation in being active.

We can see the finish line but there is just one show/consultant holding us from crossing the finish line.

My thoughts are with you on this. Best wishes.

I'm so sorry, Melissa! It's nerve wracking to be in this position...but it makes me feel just a teeny-tiny bit better to know that you're nail-biting right along with me!:p

quiverfull7 said:
Well...borrow some teenagers phone!!!!!!!!! :) Thankfully, you've got til Monday night! I'll be praying they touch base and this all happens. Look UP... don't cry ... too much, and trust that this will still come together!!!!!!

Great idea!! you can even get the teenager to text for you--they love doing stuff like that for us "old ladies!"--lol--you may even get some instruction, and it's great for the teenager!

marghi

I'm right with you, Becky! I would be willing to drive on over to my Sr. Consultants house to put the show in for her, but she lives over 12 hours away :yuck: I even have orders that she can put in!
Good luck to you and I will be thinking of you this weekend! Hopefully we will both be Directors (me re-promoting) at Conference!

OH that is so not cool! Becky, I'm sorry....this down to the wire stuff is not at all amusing.

You definitely can get this done.

Email your direct recruit and explain all the options:

Option 1: Call automated number and she'll get her debit card number
Option 2: If still in her 1st 60 days, she can use a personal cc
Option 3: Charge the whole show on her personal cc through one charge (host)

She still has 2 days to get this done.....so, since we're using old sayings....

It's not over til the fat lady sings!

It can totally STILL happen this month!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
OH that is so not cool! Becky, I'm sorry....this down to the wire stuff is not at all amusing.

You definitely can get this done.

Email your direct recruit and explain all the options:

Option 1: Call automated number and she'll get her debit card number
Option 2: If still in her 1st 60 days, she can use a personal cc
Option 3: Charge the whole show on her personal cc through one charge (host)

She still has 2 days to get this done.....so, since we're using old sayings....

It's not over til the fat lady sings!

It can totally STILL happen this month!

Hey! Who you calling fat?! :D:p:D

That's a great idea - going to email her right now.

theres a way to check it on Pampered Partner Plus thats how i got it before i got my card

LOL Becky.....I'm just hoping that fat lady never makes an appearance!

I just want to get to the Bravo and Encore Part, when you do cross that line. :D

Jinkies said:
I'm right with you, Becky! I would be willing to drive on over to my Sr. Consultants house to put the show in for her, but she lives over 12 hours away :yuck: I even have orders that she can put in!
Good luck to you and I will be thinking of you this weekend! Hopefully we will both be Directors (me re-promoting) at Conference!
I have been there more months than not since the new career plan, just a thought if your consultant has a website you can put the orders in under her. I also keep the consultant number and password of all of my SC, you can add them as a user on your P3 and submit your orders under her.:cool:

and Becky just wanted to tell you that I am right there with you, this is the 13 month I have been biting my nails on the last day of the month. I even called all of my 26 consultants today to let them know I would be available all day Monday if they need help submitting a show. In the end it will all come down to ONE consultant..... We have $11,210 in team sales already and I will have close to $4,000.

Okay - I'm feeling a bit better.

Just got off the phone with my Sr. Consultant. She hasn't been able to get a hold of her recruit either...but the whole show is on her computer. She told me that this recruit not only doesn't have internet at home, she also doesn't have a debit or credit card. She pays cash or money order for everything. That's why she needed the PC debit card to submit the show. {{ We won't talk about the fact that she signed the 20th of April (my SC thinks she used her BF's card to order her kit) and had over a month to get the PC debit card...and waited until this past Monday to apply for it. :(}}

Anyway - my SC said if she has to, she'll drive to her house (she's a neighbor to SC's Mom) to get the money and submit it with her CC. I told her that if she hadn't been able to get a hold of her by tomorrow evening, to CALL ME, and we'll go over our other options then, and figure out a way to get this taken care of.

Becky - I am on pins and needles here! Everything that can be crossed is crossed for you....

vgmontes said:
theres a way to check it on Pampered Partner Plus thats how i got it before i got my card

Yes, I believe P3 now downloads the debit card number automatically. Not sure if it would do it for a secondary user, but I don't see why not. You have to go into the settings to check the box for it to automatically fill in when you're balancing the show. If she applied for the debit card Monday, it should be in there by now.

NooraK said:
Yes, I believe P3 now downloads the debit card number automatically. Not sure if it would do it for a secondary user, but I don't see why not. You have to go into the settings to check the box for it to automatically fill in when you're balancing the show. If she applied for the debit card Monday, it should be in there by now.

Noora, if you were in the room with me, I'd be giving you a bear hug, and big sloppy kiss! Awesome info. I had no idea you could do this!

pamperedlinda said:
Becky - I am on pins and needles here! Everything that can be crossed is crossed for you....

Hope it's not too uncomfortable to sleep! :)

Love Ya, Girlfriend!

hang in there!!! i hate when the end of the month falls on weekends.
And I hate we have to rely on others for our status.
I have a team of full time workers, they very rarely let me know when they are submitting. It drives me crazy am I making it this month or not??
I do not think this new system is for the part time consultant which really stinks we are still work very hard to make our numbers.

No website :( Still no show that has shown up. Seriously, I am going insane. If she doesn't have the orders, :boss: THAT'S FINE! I have orders! I will give them to her! I don't care! But she won't call me back and she won't submit her show :cry:

OMG Becky! I am on the edge of my seat, right with you! I just know this will work out for you! I had something similar happen a number of months back and it just killed my spirit for my business. I am just starting to get back into it. I stayed active barely.

Oh, Becky, I'm just back and so just found out about your dilemma. I'm so sorry. I hope things do work out.

NooraK said:

I had no idea you could do this! I wish they'd let us know what the enhancements are when they make them.....or did I just not read it somewhere :rolleyes: ?

Actually, there is a "What's New" option in the Help menu of P3. I think I actually picked it up from here, from someone new saying that's how she got her card number.

Yes I noticed the same thing that when the debit card is ready p3 will update itself with that information and it would be in the preference area I found that out when training a new consultant and I was thinking how cool is that.

I hope everything is working out for every one!! I too am sitting on orders waiting and wondering what and who will be submitting. no one ever responds ( i have a bunch of part timer--- all is ok just let me know what you are doing!!!!) LOL

pclinskie said:
I hope everything is working out for every one!! I too am sitting on orders waiting and wondering what and who will be submitting. no one ever responds ( i have a bunch of part timer--- all is ok just let me know what you are doing!!!!) LOL

It's not submitted yet - but at least now I have a game plan to make sure it happens!

It IS so frustrating when people don't respond, and you don't know what's going on.

I have 2 more consultants that I KNOW had shows, because they did both contact me with questions about the shows, and theirs haven't been submitted yet. It's okay, because I don't need those shows to make my team sales for this month, but I just wonder what happened to them??

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree, Beth. It's so frustrating to know that if this were the "old" career plan, I would have been a director for over 6 months now. I have a team of 13 consultants and I've had at least 5 active, and $4000 a month in sales since last October! I just have to keep telling myself that I can't compare, and be thankful that at least being a TL is better than when I was a FD - and I've consistently gotten HO leads, etc....

Now, I'm just waiting for a call back from the recruiting consultant so that we can get this show submitted. If she will just call me back, I know we can get this done!

I'm with you here!! 13 people on my team and 0 SC -- I went to director express, but none of my consultant's could go. I'm needing ideas on how to get my team to recruit -- I have no problems recruiting and will keep doing so, but I'm getting a little frustrasted here!

Becky, Melissa, PCLinskie, Jinkies,I sure hope all the shows get submitted, and everyone makes it. Please update us--my whole family is on the edge of our seats hoping that everything goes through. And I can promise you, as a new consultant, my family has sworn me to keep my upline informed!! (I would anyway, but it's kinda cute!)Marghi

Ok Becky you have to post right away when this thing is submitted--we are all sitting here with all our fingers and toes crossed waiting...it's very uncomfortable, LOL.

gaddischef said:
I'm with you here!! 13 people on my team and 0 SC -- I went to director express, but none of my consultant's could go. I'm needing ideas on how to get my team to recruit -- I have no problems recruiting and will keep doing so, but I'm getting a little frustrasted here!

I'm curious, has anyone done what is taught in the "Promoting Leaders Pronto" audio in the Online Training Center? It was briefly touched on at DE, and it seems like a great method to get your recruits on the right track, but I was wonering if anyone (besides Jillian on the tape) has had any success with it yet?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • KateInTheKitchen