• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Donation Requests for Auctions and Events Legitimate?

In summary, the conversation revolved around receiving multiple emails requesting donation baskets from various organizations. The speakers discussed their concerns about the legitimacy of these requests and shared their personal policies for donating. They also suggested alternative ways to support these causes, such as donating a portion of sales.
ChefJen2012
I have been getting a couple email from people sending me flyers for their organization and asking for donation baskets. I assume they are searching for PC reps in their area, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea. Has anyone done this kind of thing before? How can I tell if these people are legit?

I only donate to people I know. I usually include a catalog and a gift certificate only redeemable by contacting me. This way, I can add it to someone's party and not have to pay direct shipping. The person who wins will (almost always) order more than the gift certificate so I come out ahead! And it's a tax deduction!

I agree- I am usually hit up 5-6 times a year. I usually donate once a quarter and usually it's a friend or past host. If I don't donate then I tell them sorry but my budget for donations is fulfilled for that quarter.

ChefBevShu said:
I only donate to people I know. I usually include a catalog and a gift certificate only redeemable by contacting me. This way, I can add it to someone's party and not have to pay direct shipping. The person who wins will (almost always) order more than the gift certificate so I come out ahead! And it's a tax deduction!
Would you mind emailing me a copy of your GC? [email protected]

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your concern about receiving these types of emails. It's always important to make sure that any organization or individual requesting a donation basket is legitimate and aligns with our company's values. One way to verify their legitimacy is to ask for more information about their organization, such as their mission and purpose. You can also reach out to your team leader or the pampered chef corporate office for guidance. Additionally, you can offer to donate a portion of your sales to their cause instead of creating a donation basket. This way, you can still support their cause without risking your reputation as a pampered chef consultant. Hope this helps!

1. How can I request a donation from Pampered Chef for my auction or event?

To request a donation for your event, please fill out our online donation request form on our website. We review all requests and will respond within 2-3 weeks.

2. What types of donations does Pampered Chef typically provide for auctions and events?

We typically provide product donations such as kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware for auctions and events. However, we also consider requests for gift certificates or gift baskets.

3. Is there a specific procedure for receiving a donation from Pampered Chef?

Yes, we ask that all donation requests be submitted at least 6 weeks before the date of your event. This allows us enough time to review and process your request.

4. Can I request a specific product for my event or auction?

We cannot guarantee specific products for donations, but you can include any preferences or suggestions in your request form. We will do our best to accommodate these requests.

5. Does Pampered Chef only donate to certain types of events or organizations?

We consider all donation requests, but we prioritize events and organizations that align with our mission of bringing people together through food, cooking, and community. We also prioritize requests within the United States and Canada.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Luv2bake
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies