• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I handle taxes for donating a PC basket to a charity raffle?

In summary, as a Pampered Chef consultant, it is recommended to keep a record of the value of the donated basket for tax purposes. Request a receipt from the nonprofit organization and consider making a gift certificate for potential business opportunities.
redsoxgirl
I'm planning on donating a PC basket to a charity raffle.

How do I figure out the taxes on it or whatever? Do I just write down what I donated and hang on to it till tax time?

I would write down the date, what event you donated it to, a contact number (if you have one) and then list each item individually with the retail price, and then the total retail donated.

Request a receipt from the nonprofit organization. They don't need to say the amount but a letter with a thanks for giving a gift basket would help you "prove" that you gave the products.

another idea is to make up a gift certificate that they have to contact you directly to use ... you then place the order for them and pay with under consultant gift. I've donated a few things (products) in the past and never got any business from it. This way, if they don't redeem, you aren't out anything & if they do, they just might book a show. I just donated a gift certificate that I made to a charity this morning. It was for $25 off a $75 (plus direct shipping & handling costs) dollar of more order. Plus I included a note about hosting, that I would apply the $25 to their order & no shipping!

Hi there! That's wonderful that you are planning on donating a PC basket to a charity raffle. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend keeping a record of the value of the basket that you are donating. This will be helpful when it comes to tax time, as you can then accurately report the donation on your taxes. You can also reach out to the charity organization for any specific guidelines or forms they may require for tax purposes. Thank you for your generosity and happy cooking!

What is a donating basket raffle?

A donating basket raffle is a type of fundraising event where individuals or businesses donate baskets filled with various items or gift cards. These baskets are then raffled off and the proceeds go towards a specific cause or organization.

How can I donate a basket to a raffle?

If you would like to donate a basket to a raffle, you can reach out to the organization or event coordinator hosting the raffle and inquire about their donation process. They may have specific guidelines or requirements for donated baskets.

What type of items can I include in a donating basket?

You can include a variety of items in a donating basket, such as gift cards, products, handmade items, or themed items. It's important to consider the target audience and the purpose of the raffle when selecting items for the basket.

Do I need to wrap or decorate my donating basket?

While it is not required, wrapping or decorating your donating basket can make it more visually appealing and increase its value. You can use wrapping paper, ribbons, or other decorations to make your basket stand out.

Is there a limit to the number of baskets I can donate?

This may vary depending on the organization or event, but typically there is no limit to the number of baskets you can donate. However, it's important to consider the cost and effort of creating multiple baskets and make sure you are able to donate them all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nonfatlatte007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
peichef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76