• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Bride Doll Cake Photo? Check Here for Inspiration!

P
PamperedByJulie
Bride Doll cake photo neededDoes anyone have a picture of a doll cake that's made up like a bride? I've read all the descriptions, but would like to see one. I intend to make one of these cakes for my first bridal show.

I've seen the picture from Ginger, but it's a side angle and a little blury. Does anyone have something clearer so that I can see the detail work?

Thanks in advance.
Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have one, but I'm not real sure how to go about attaching it to this. I will be glad to email it to you if you want.

Here's a picture of the bride cake.

Attachments

• 0502brideCake.jpg
    0502brideCake.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,417
How do you go about making this? It looks great, but I am not to crafty so I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Shannon

You bake the cake in the Classic Batter Bowl. So, you mix the cake mix according to the directions on the box or make one from scratch, pour cake mix into the greased batter bowl, bake at 350 for 25 min or until center is done. Invert cake and stick in any "barbie" type doll, ice cake to match the barbie clothes for the skirt. This is how I do it, but I am sure someone else will have a variation.

You could also make a football or egg with cakes baked in the Classic Batter Bowl.

Thank you so much for your reply. I never knew that you were even able to bake in the bowls, so I have something new to put in my speech for my parties. I am new at this, so thank you again.

Shannon

If you make the Baked Alaska Cake from the Season's Best Recipe book, it will look just like the skirt of the cake that was posted a couple of post up. :)

Hi- I'm new to PC but I did try the doll cake a couple of weeks ago - I was going to do one for my neice's bday - I did everything according to the directions but the cake ended up overflowing all over the bottom of the oven.
I can't figure out what I did wrong.

That's a good question. Do you put the whole box of cake mix in the classic batter bowl, or do we need to stop at a certain level?? Thanks.

I have seen them at walmart in the cake decoration section in crafts. It is called a doll pick I think!

I got mine at wally world & I have seen them at michael's also. I have a pic of mine in the photos!!

Here are some ideas in picturesYou can use Polly Pocket for Food Prep Bowl Cakes - but here's a Batter Bowl Cake and a couple other ones.

Attachments

• cake%20pics[1].doc
    890.5 KB · Views: 425
Well it's not a doll pick, because I couldn't for some reason find what my DH had done with it AGAIN! I had to make a cake for my cousin's daughter for her birthday so I ran over to the dollar store, (had looked at Walmart the night before to try to find another pick and was unsuccessful) and found a 2 pack of dolls for I think only $5, I can't remember right now, they were almost like the Bratz, only a bit of a smaller head (those dolls look freaky with the gigantic heads and the way past anorexic look). Anyway, I made the cake, had to dig a tunnel for the doll to go in, mainly because the friggin doll had HUGE feet I guess they figured since they didn't put as big of a head on it as the Bratz, they would go with the big feet, lolol. I didn't use the EAD though, I just can't get used to it, I have used the bags for too long and I don't do enough decorating any more to try to get used to it, ughh, I am so stubborn, I need to just get it out and use the heck out of it so I can get used to it. But here are a couple pics I took of it.
Picture030.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Oh yeah, and thanks KG for teaching me how to post the pics, lol.

Very cute Jen!!

let me know if this image doesn't come through

Didn't come through

jdavis said:
Oh yeah, and thanks KG for teaching me how to post the pics, lol.

You should have sawed the doll in half.....:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

No, it was just another toy for her, lol.

It was a "bonus" present, right Jen, LOL!!?

Yeah, a 'hidden' surprise, lol.

I remember getting a Barbie cake like this when I was 6 years old -

How do you make the veil? I am struggling because we are have a good coating of ice on most of the streets here. I did go out to the store an pick up some things from the store yesterday so I could conduct business - Work on flyers and such.

Jen, I didn't know you were so talented! Very cute! So, is this a micro-cake?

If you don't have a doll pick, or just want to use a real doll, you can use the Corer (the one that cuts cores out of apples, etc.) to take a "core sample" out of the cake so the legs will fit.

If you want to make one that's smaller than the classic batter bowl but larger than prep bowls, use a Jiffy-style mix (9 oz. cake mix) in the Small Batter Bowl, and a Skipper doll. :)

Kathytnt said:
I remember getting a Barbie cake like this when I was 6 years old -

How do you make the veil? I am struggling because we are have a good coating of ice on most of the streets here. I did go out to the store an pick up some things from the store yesterday so I could conduct business - Work on flyers and such.

I have made a veil for the cakes before by using the rubberband that came in her hair, but I ended up buying a whole little baggie of small rubber bands and used a small piece of veil like material and had the rubberband in the middle of it and put it around her head, I can't think of how to explain it, ughh.

pamperedlinda said:
Jen, I didn't know you were so talented! Very cute! So, is this a micro-cake?
Why Thank You Linda. But no, I went all out and baked the cakes, lol. The micro cakes are a little too unstable to do something like this out of I think, they are awesome for the lava-type cakes though.

Oh, and BTW, when I was preggo with my first (who will be 10 next month, wow that makes me feel old, lol) I took cake decorating classes in the next town with a nice older lady who had a bakery and I really had fun. I don't think for the life of me I could remember how to do the roses any more though, one of our 'assignments' was to make a cake that looked like a box of a dozen roses. But while we were in the middle of another class the 'pouf' class she messed up her hip again and quit doing classes for a while and she sold her bakery but still has a store with costumes and cake decorating stuff, and party stuff.

1. What is a "Bride Doll" cake?

A Bride Doll cake is a type of cake that is shaped and decorated to look like a bride, typically using a Barbie doll or a similar doll as the centerpiece of the cake.

2. Are there different styles and designs for Bride Doll cakes?

Yes, there are many different styles and designs for Bride Doll cakes. Some may use a traditional wedding dress design, while others may be more unique and creative. It all depends on the skill and creativity of the baker.

3. Where can I find inspiration for a Bride Doll cake?

There are many places you can find inspiration for a Bride Doll cake. You can search online for images and tutorials, browse through cake decorating books, or attend bridal shows where these types of cakes are often displayed.

4. Can I see a picture of a Bride Doll cake?

Yes, there are many pictures of Bride Doll cakes available online. You can also ask for recommendations from experienced bakers or check out photos from previous bridal shows to get an idea of what the cake may look like.

5. Is it difficult to make a Bride Doll cake?

It depends on your skill level and the design you choose. Some designs may be more complex and require advanced cake decorating techniques, while others may be simpler and easier for beginners. It's always a good idea to practice and have a plan before attempting to make a Bride Doll cake for a special occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nancynap
  • IAmChefJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Kitchen Diva