• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dol Research of Direct Sellers-- Need Expert Input

In summary, Traci Davis from Research Triangle Institute is reaching out to expert Direct Sellers for feedback on how their work is performed, the knowledge required, and typical work settings. This feedback will help keep information about this work current and accurate in the O*NET database, a free resource provided by the U.S. Department of Labor. Those with at least 5 years of experience in Direct Selling, based in the U.S., and currently active in this work can contact Traci at [email protected] to potentially receive a questionnaire and $40 cash incentive. Thank you for considering this opportunity to assist in the update of this area of work for the benefit of the American public.
traci davis
Hello, Pampered Chef experts--
APR 11, 2016My name is Traci Davis and I work at Research Triangle Institute on a project for the USDOL called O*NET-- we research occupations and in the future we will be asking expert Direct Sellers for feedback on how their work is performed, the knowledge required and the typical work settings of this specialty area of selling. The aggregate results will help keep information about this work current and accurate at the O*NET database (Occupational Information Network- www.onetonline.org). O*NET, a free resource provided by the U.S. Department of Labor, helps students, job seekers and veterans learn more about occupations in the American workforce-- employers also use O*NET information to write job descriptions when they are hiring or training. If you have at least 5 years of experience in Direct Selling, are based in the U.S. and currently active in this work (part time or full time), please email me at [email protected] (or call me at 877-233-7348 ext. 109). We will be inviting a random sample of experts to complete questionnaires-- those receiving questionnaires will also be given $40 in cash and a certificate of appreciation from the U.S. Department of Labor. I would love to hear from you if you are open to assisting in the update of this area of work for the benefit of the American public. Thank you very much for your assistance!Traci Davis
O*NET Business Liaison
[email protected]

Hi Traci,Thank you for reaching out to us on this forum. I am a Pampered Chef expert with over 10 years of experience in direct selling. I am based in the U.S. and am currently active in this work full time. I am happy to assist with your project and provide feedback on how direct selling is performed, the required knowledge, and typical work settings.I will email you at the provided address with my contact information. I am excited to contribute to keeping information about this work current and accurate in the O*NET database. Thank you for the opportunity to assist and for the $40 cash incentive and certificate of appreciation from the U.S. Department of Labor.Best regards,

Dear Traci,As a Pampered Chef consultant with over 10 years of experience in direct selling, I would be happy to assist with your research for the O*NET database. I am based in the U.S. and am currently active in this field on a full-time basis.I understand the importance of keeping information about our work current and accurate, and I am eager to contribute to this effort. I have also used O*NET as a resource myself and have found it to be a valuable tool for both job seekers and employers.I will be sure to email you at the provided address or call the number provided to express my interest in participating in the questionnaire. Thank you for the opportunity to contribute to this project and for recognizing the expertise of direct sellers.Best regards,

What is direct selling?

Direct selling is a method of selling products or services directly to consumers, typically in a face-to-face setting, without the use of a physical retail location or store. This is often done through parties, demonstrations, or one-on-one interactions.

What are some common misconceptions about direct sellers?

One common misconception about direct sellers is that they are all part of pyramid schemes or scams. In reality, direct selling is a legitimate business model with many reputable companies. Another misconception is that direct sellers are pushy or aggressive, when in fact, most are simply sharing products they believe in and providing information to interested customers.

How do I know if direct selling is the right career path for me?

Direct selling can be a great career choice for those who are self-motivated, enjoy building relationships, and have a passion for the products or services they are selling. It also requires strong communication and sales skills. If you are considering direct selling, it is important to research the company and their products, as well as talk to current direct sellers to get a better understanding of the job.

Is there a difference between direct selling and multi-level marketing (MLM)?

While both direct selling and MLM involve selling products or services directly to consumers, there are some key differences. Direct selling typically involves one-on-one sales or parties, while MLM often involves recruiting others to join the sales team and earn commission from their sales. Additionally, some MLM companies may have a focus on recruitment rather than actual product sales, which can lead to a pyramid scheme. It is important to carefully research a company before joining as a direct seller or MLM participant.

What kind of support and training is provided for direct sellers?

Many direct selling companies provide their representatives with training and support to help them succeed. This may include online resources, in-person training events, mentoring programs, and more. Some companies also offer incentives or bonuses for top sellers or those who reach certain sales goals. It is important to ask about the support and training available before joining a direct selling company.

Back