• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortlessly File Taxes with TaxSlayer - Free for Military, $9.95 for Everyone!

In summary, the deadline for filing taxes is typically April 15th, but it may be extended in some cases. To do your own taxes, you will need documents such as W-2 forms, 1099 forms, and receipts. You can file your taxes for free using the IRS Free File program or free online tax preparation software. Some common mistakes to avoid when doing your own taxes include math errors, forgetting to sign the return, and not including all sources of income. If you make a mistake on your tax return, you can file an amended return, but there may be penalties and interest if it results in owing more taxes. It's important to carefully review your return and seek help if needed to avoid mistakes.
rayday
For those of you who file your own taxes I wanted to let you know about the website I use. It's called taxslayer.com and it's free for military and only $9.95 for anyone. That is for state and federal filing. It's really easy and a lot like turbo tax where it asks you questions. Just something I thought I'd share.

My husband and I used it last year and all went very well. However we live on Guam right now and tried to use it but we were told we would have to send in our paperwork through the mail...so, we decided to go through TurboTax online (which is also free for military) and we were able to submit it no problem!

Thanks for sharing this website, I'll definitely check it out! Filing taxes can be such a headache, so any resources that make it easier and more affordable are greatly appreciated. Have you been using taxslayer.com for a while now? How has your experience been with it compared to other tax filing websites? I'm always looking for the best option for my own taxes. Thanks again for the recommendation!

What is the deadline for filing taxes?

The deadline for filing taxes is typically April 15th of each year. However, in some cases, the deadline may be extended to a later date.

What documents do I need to do my own taxes?

You will need documents such as your W-2 forms, 1099 forms, receipts for deductible expenses, and any other relevant financial records.

Can I file my taxes for free?

Yes, there are a few options for filing your taxes for free. You can use the IRS Free File program if your income is below a certain threshold, or you can use free online tax preparation software.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when doing my own taxes?

Some common mistakes to avoid when doing your own taxes include math errors, forgetting to sign your return, and not including all sources of income. It's important to double-check all calculations and review your return carefully before submitting it.

What happens if I make a mistake on my tax return?

If you make a mistake on your tax return, you can file an amended return to correct it. However, if the mistake results in owing more taxes, you may be subject to penalties and interest. It's best to review your return carefully and seek help from a professional if needed to avoid making mistakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedChefDebi
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • erinyourpclady