• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes to Spice Up Your Candle Party!

In summary, it sounds like you should communicate with your neighbor and see if they are okay with you coming as a guest, and bring recipes and order forms if you are going to be cooking.
camiesu
NEED IDEAS WITH BIG FLAVOR! MY NEIGHBOR IS HAVING A CANDLE PARTY AND WANTS ME TO DO FOOD FOR IT TO GET MORE BUSINESS. BUT DIDNT KNOW WHAT IDEAS YALL HAD FOR RECIPES THAT WILL GET THEM TALKING? USUALLY CHICKEN JERK NACHOS A HIT BUT NEED SOMETHING ELSE TO.:chef:

I wouldn't just "do food" for a candle party. If she wants you to be included as part of a demo, and be able to pass out catalogs and take orders, then that would be great...but if you are just "doing the food", then all you are is the caterer for her candle party.

ChefBeckyD said:
I wouldn't just "do food" for a candle party. If she wants you to be included as part of a demo, and be able to pass out catalogs and take orders, then that would be great...but if you are just "doing the food", then all you are is the caterer for her candle party.

I agree 100%!!!!

I absolutely agree! You don't want to be a "caterer". Discuss with her that you wouldn't mind helping with the food, if you get some time to discuss the products, booking benefits, and recruiting...plus have the ability to distribute catalogues and take orders. Otherwise...well, it wouldn't really be growing your business.

I'd share w/ her some recipes and if she's a close friend and is inviting you to her party as a guest, I'd offer to help her (at her house, coming over early to help her as a second pair of hands). But let her know that if people ask about the recipes, it's opening the door for you to mention PC, and that might not make the candle lady happy.But if she's just a neighbor wanting food to serve her guests, then as the others mentioned...I wouldn't unless she's willing to let you lay out some SB cookbooks for sale or catalogs/business cards with it. And she's the one who needs to pay for the groceries.

But some yummy recipes:Dipping oils w/ warm, crusty bread
Satay Chicken Pasta Salad
Hot Pizza Dip w/ bread
Jerk Chicken Nachos
Trifle dessert recipe
Cobbler made in the DCB

But if she buys the food....and let's your print up the recipe to give out with your contact info....and you were going to go to the party anyway...why not?

I hosted a PL show and this is what I served:

Chips & Dip
Fruit Salad
Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread
Brown Sugar Baked Brie

It was easy and I had plenty of food! I used to make a ton of stuff, but this time I didn't; there was plenty, and I was able to relax!

It sounds like a great opp, but don't let them take advantage of you.

I definitely think you should "share" the party and talk about PC. Too many people take advantage of PC consultants as their "private caterer" when they have a party! One of my recruits was asked to do a Wedding Shower at the last minute and fix 4 recipes. They scheduled 10 days before the Shower! The Show closed around $300...Bride only got 1/4 of her Wish List then said "Wedding Registry was not needed."! To me, Christmas is coming and those would be great gifts. She got no bookings either. I still feel it was a "caterer" the lady wanted for the Shower! My Recruit paid for 3 of the recipes' ingredients! No way would I do that!

That does happen. People think Pampered Chef, food recipes and they think you like to just cook for free. If you do the show, make sure to have catalogs and recipes with your contact info on them. Let her know you do recipes only when you are able to market your product. You can't afford to do otherwise. Let us know how it goes.
Katie

If she buys the food, and you don't mind cooking, why not? Take some Simple Additions to display items on. Feature the dips (SW seasoning is always a hit) perhaps. I like the Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies - cook them at her house so everyone can smell them. Yum.

I have had great luck with the Brie recipes. and the Truffle Brownie Cups. Crusty French Bites are easy and the Chipolte Chicken Cornbread Cups were a huge hit.
But don't do without putting your name on them. Print of the recipes with your name number website on it. Don't forget to bring catalog's and order forms. You never know your friends could get 2 show's in one.

i have done several shared parties- usually if asked the other seller does not have a problem sharing the time! More hosts enjoy the 2 birds one stone effect and gets more people there! if planned properly both reps wil do well.

So did you have the party yet?? Did you make food as favor for friend?? DId you get to do any demo?? Give out coupons or anything?? Just curious.

Lisa

I hope it all goes well!

What types of recipes are included in the "Delicious Recipes to Spice Up Your Candle Party!" book?

The book includes a variety of recipes such as appetizers, entrees, side dishes, desserts, and cocktails. All recipes are designed to pair well with the scents of our candles.

Can the recipes be made with ingredients commonly found in most kitchens?

Yes, the recipes are designed to be easy and accessible for everyone. Most of the ingredients can be found in a standard kitchen pantry.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in the recipe book?

Yes, we have included several vegetarian and vegan options in the book to accommodate various dietary preferences.

Do the recipes require any special kitchen tools or equipment?

No, the recipes can be made using basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some recipes may require a blender or food processor, but alternatives are provided.

Can the recipes be adjusted for larger or smaller party sizes?

Yes, all recipes include serving sizes and can easily be adjusted to accommodate larger or smaller party sizes. We also provide tips for making adjustments in the book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carmom420
Replies