• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing a Show for the Parent of a Student!!!

In summary, the conversation is about a performer who got a booking from a parent of one of their students. The performer is feeling nervous about the upcoming show, but others advise them to relax and be themselves. They also share their own experiences of performing for people they know professionally and suggest that the performer should not worry about it. They also suggest explaining the backup plan of performing as a side job, if necessary. Overall, the advice is to just be yourself and have a great time.
ChefMary412
I did a show for a coworker a month ago and got a booking from a lady... but she is the parent of one of my students that I teach now! I am not too nervous about it now, but assume I will be this evening. Does anyone have advice?

Be yourself and all will be good!

Don't be too nervous. The school year is almost over. You are both adults, just be professional and have a great time. It may even be the start of a wonderful new friendship.

I've done a show with the parent of one of my students (it was a couple of weeks after school was out last year.) The show was kind of a flop attendance wise, but she's been a wonderful repeat customer. Just relax and be yourself. It's NOT like parent teacher conferences! LOL! Besides that...she'll get to see just what a great "teacher" you are. I always say the "job" isn't much of a stretch for me....."standing up in front of someone and teaching them how to do something" is just another day at the office for me!!

I've done several shows ( now ) for parents of my students. It is always fine. We will talk school for a bit sometimes but mostly PC. I am sure you will have a great show!
And if ya think about it.. she may be as nervous as you.

I'm not a teacher, but I have done shows for people who are my professional contacts in my normal job .... including my June 5 show with a township trustee I interviewed. One of my best shows was through another area trustee who has become a customer and sort of a friend, and my best show EVER was from somebody who I've talked to for stories as well.Just be yourself ... they booked with you because they like you! When I do a show where people are likely to recognize me from the paper, I simply explain that I have a "day" job at the paper, and as everyone might realize, journalism doesn't pay very well, so I needed a backup plan! I'm sure the same can be said for teaching!

In case nobody suggested it already, just be yourself.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show for the parent of a student?

The benefits of hosting a show for the parent of a student include earning free products, trying out new recipes and kitchen tools, and spending quality time with friends and family.

How do I schedule a show for the parent of a student?

To schedule a show, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to the parent of the student directly. Your consultant will work with you to find a date and time that works for everyone.

What types of products are typically featured in a show for the parent of a student?

A show for the parent of a student can feature a variety of products, including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. Your consultant can also customize the show to highlight products that are most relevant to the parent's needs and interests.

Can I invite other friends and family members to the show for the parent of a student?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier. You can invite other friends and family members to join the show and enjoy the benefits of hosting, such as earning free products and trying out new recipes.

What happens after the show for the parent of a student?

After the show, your consultant will provide you with a list of orders and help you redeem your host rewards. You can also stay in touch with your consultant for future Pampered Chef events and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• knpfaff
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies