• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does worcestershire sauce need refrigerated?

janezapchef

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2006
Anyone know? I'm clueless about sauces that do/don't need to be refrigerated.

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
We refrigerate ours once opened, but I tend to "refrigerate when in doubt".

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
My bottle doesn't say anywhere to refrigerate after opening. My guess is that there's enough salt in it that it won't go bad quickly.

pampcheflisa

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
I have never refrigerated mine, and it's always been fine. But, most of the time that I use it, I use it in something that is being baked or grilled.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Interesting - I've always refrigerated mine, but now I'm thinking I don't have to, and can free up some valuable refrigerator real estate!

What about Soy Sauce? Would that be the same thing?

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
So many of those condiments have so much vinegar and salt that they're perfectly fine in the cupboard unless they specifically state to refrigerate. Heck, I didn't even keep ketchup in the fridge until this last bottle I bought indicated "refrigerate after opening" on the label.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Becky, my soy sauce is in the cupboard, too. Right next to the Worchestershire, actually.

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
I have one in the fridge and one in the pantry next to my soy sauce
depends on who uses it as to where it goes

cactus_flower

Dec 26, 2007
Recently I couldn't find my soy sauce in the pantry, so I looked in the fridge and there it was. So, I read the label and discovered "refrigerate after opening". Well, for 30+ years I have been storing it unrefrigerated. I tried refrigerating it after reading the label, but, honestly, I prefer it unrefrigerated.

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
I never would have given it a thought to NOT refrigerate it. I've been doing it for 35 years, and my mom did before me. I suppose I should read labels more often.