• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join My Internet Catalog Show & Get Free Shipping - Limited Time Offer!

In summary, the author is wanting to host an "Internet Catalog Show" to thank her customers for their past business. She is offering free shipping and a reusable shopping bag for orders of $50 or more. If the order is shipped to the customer, she will pay $4.25 of the shipping cost.
jigsmom
I am wanting the HWC apron really bad!!! I only have one show going now and I have to submit two. Anyway, I thought of hosting an Internet Catelog Show and email past host, friends, customers, etc. I am offering free shipping as a thank you for their order. I am also going to have a drawing for the host benefits whatever tey end up being. Here is the actual email that I have drafted. Does it sound too tacky?? Any comments, questions, suggestions would be very welcomed!!! TIA

Hello!! I am trying something new with my business and I would like your help!! I am hosting an "Internet Catalog Show" that will run thru April 14th. As a thank you for your help, I will pay for all local shipping for orders delivered to me for delivery by me. If you wish to have the order direct shipped to you, I will pay $4.25 of the shipping cost.

Here are the instructions for placing your order online:
1) Go to my website. Of course, it is in the email but I didn't want to have it out hear in case of internet violations!!!
2) Click on "Shop Online" in the bottom left hand corner
3) Choose "option 1 - Already invited to a Show and would like to place an order"
4) Put in Axxxxx Lxxxxx and click search for host
5) Select Axxxxx Lxxxxx in the list
6) Pick your selection and check-out. Please Note: If you have hosted a show within the last year, make sure you put in your past host discount number for your 10% off!!!! If you need it, call me or email me.

Of course, you can call or email me with your order and I can place it from here. You can view the new catalog online and let me know what you want.

For all those that place an order, your name will go into a drawing for the "host benefits". The drawing will be held on April 15, 2009 and I will contact the winner via telephone.

Thank you!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email me.

If anyone has any other ideas for a show, let me know. This is the only quick solution that I could come up with!! And with Easter weekend coming up, I don't think an Open House type thing would work. :confused:

I would mention something about "Mother's Day is right around the corner" SHOP EARLY!!

oooh, that's a great idea...a Mother's Day sale !

Oooo, that is a great idea. Thank you!!! :)

Make sure they know what the "host benefits" are. Tell them someone will be my Mystery Host and win all the FREE product, half-price selections and the 60% off April Host Special...plus unlimited products at up to a 30% discount (all prizes pending show total).

I'm doing this right now as an April Fool's sale with a percentage discount and shipping discount so I can get that apron too. Good luck....I had a "show" based on my sales in my first day so I say go for it!

jigsmom said:
Hello!! I am trying something new with my business and I would like your help!! I am hosting an "Internet Catalog Show" that will run thru April 14th. As a thank you for your help, I will pay for all local shipping for orders delivered to me for delivery by me. If you wish to have the order direct shipped to you, I will pay $4.25 of the shipping cost.

How about saying...

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I am offering an "Online Catalog Show" for my Prefered Customers. As a thank you for your order, I am offering free local shipping. If you prefer to have your order shipped to your (or your Mom), I will pay $4.25 of the shipping cost. Please place your orders ON OR BEFORE April 14rh.

Not tacky at all. You've gotten some good reminders (like explaining host benefits). One of my 2 early April shows will be a personal catalog show. I've got several small orders that I'm putting in one show. I'll use the Host Benefits to stock my shelves for event drawings or charity donations.In honor of my PC anniversary (and to make sure I have at least 1/2 off my NC registration) I'm offering free shipping and a Reusable PC Shopping Bag for anyone who places an order of $50 or more in April. Hosts whose shows come to $500 or more will get a full set of bags and an entry in my Surprise Giveaway Drawing. I'm planning to give away a full set of the HWC products.

If you pay the shipping for all your guests, won't you end up spending way more than the apron is worth?

Thanks ladies...I knew I could depend on you!!!:D

dancedivine said:
If you pay the shipping for all your guests, won't you end up spending way more than the apron is worth?

Yes, it is possible, but the apron isn't for sale, you can only earn it. So if you want the apron, and need to come up with a second show before the 15th it is worth it.

I think it's a good idea to say free s/h with a certain amount. Of course, if you get several $20 orders will you just put them together? That way it may be 3 orders, but one s/h charge? You don't want to end up not making anything on the show and then have to deliver products as well. Typically, with a mystery host show, I don't give any discounts. After all, they are trying to win. I understand wanting to get the apron though. I, too, will be put in a miscellaneous show. I love when they land where they are doubly useful.Good luck!! Oh...and SO not tacky! People LOVE a sale. The only sales I find tacky are Kohl's when they try to give me 15% off when I KNOW 30% ones are out there. Haven't they learned that I actually USE the 30% off ones? :)

I love it- I just sent out my own "New consultant/Mother's Day" email to my friends and family.

Thanks for the great idea!

Oh but I do have a question- if I create the show on my website with my name as the host-- do I create it in PP+ under my name as well and then just add the mystery host as the co-host?

junkfortara said:
Oh but I do have a question- if I create the show on my website with my name as the host-- do I create it in PP+ under my name as well and then just add the mystery host as the co-host?

Create it on the website.... Then the next time you are in PP+, "Sync" the two, and the show will be automatically created in PP+

Not one single order...:cry: I honestly do not know what to do to make this business work.:confused: My brain hurts from thinking!!!:(

jigsmom said:
Not one single order...:cry: I honestly do not know what to do to make this business work.:confused: My brain hurts from thinking!!!:(

How many people did you call to follow up on this email?

A consultant cannot co-host. I found this out the hard way. I would put it in P3 under someone else's name.

julia.poe said:
A consultant cannot co-host. I found this out the hard way. I would put it in P3 under someone else's name.

A consultant can "act as a host"...there is an option of "Consultant Acting as Host" when you set up your show in P3. Consultants do open houses and grand openings all the time as the host.

jigsmom said:
A consultant can "act as a host"...there is an option of "Consultant Acting as Host" when you set up your show in P3. Consultants do open houses and grand openings all the time as the host.

Yes, but a consultant cannot co-host. You asked "do I create it in PP+ under my name as well and then just add the mystery host as the co-host? "

You cannot add your mystery host as a co-host.

So did you get the apron? I did a last minute catalog show- but I didn't offer any extra incentives. I just said that I really wanted to earn an apron and could they please help me out. I got $300 in 2 days. Sometimes all the extra incentives aren't necessary.

Yakmama said:
So did you get the apron? I did a last minute catalog show- but I didn't offer any extra incentives. I just said that I really wanted to earn an apron and could they please help me out. I got $300 in 2 days. Sometimes all the extra incentives aren't necessary.

No, I didn't get the apron :( ...I only got one order, $32. I guess I will try for the tote in May...not looking good so far with booking, but maybe. I tell you, this economy thing really stinks in my town or that is what I keep hearing...but the malls are still packed.:mad::confused: Oh well...I keep plugging along!!

Congrats on your apron!!:)

1. What is considered tacky when it comes to Pampered Chef products?

Tacky is a subjective term and can vary depending on personal preferences. However, in general, anything that is overly flashy, gaudy, or in poor taste could be considered tacky.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products for formal occasions?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef products are designed to be versatile and can be used for both casual and formal occasions. Just be sure to choose appropriate colors and designs for the event.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef products that are considered universally tacky?

No, as mentioned before, what is considered tacky is subjective. However, it is always a good idea to consider the occasion and the overall aesthetic of your kitchen before purchasing a product.

4. How can I avoid using Pampered Chef products in a tacky way?

To avoid using Pampered Chef products in a tacky way, try to stick to neutral colors and classic designs. Also, consider the occasion and the overall aesthetic of your kitchen when using the products.

5. Are there any tips for incorporating Pampered Chef products into my home decor without it looking tacky?

Yes, one tip is to choose products that complement your existing home decor. For example, if you have a rustic kitchen, choose Pampered Chef products with a similar rustic or farmhouse style. Additionally, consider using the products in a practical way, such as displaying them on open shelving or using them for serving food, rather than just for decoration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebinIA