• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does the Booking Benefit Cost Us Money?

put the Host Special number in AFTER the order was put in. The Order would be $90 before the discount and $100 after the discount.
KatieBeth
Gold Member
One of my first hosts had three people book off of his show. The first party has now come up, and my original host is very excited to take advantage of the booking benefit! February's 60% off any one item has him drooling over the knives, and it has pushed him to ask his friends to hurry up and hold their parties in February so they can each get that 60% off! Talk about a host working for me!

Here's the problem: it seems like this benefit is costing me money. He wants the Forged Cutlery 8" Chef's knife, costing him $30 after the 60% off. This brought the customer sales from $385.25 to $415.25 (raising it $30). But it brought my commissionable sales DOWN from $449.25 to $433.25. :yuck: Am I doing something wrong? Is this correct? Why would Pampered Chef have us push the booking benefit if it is going to cost me money out of my paycheck? Please take it easy on me... I'm new to all of this.

You do not have to pay a dime for the 60% item although we do not get commision off of the host special. So you could have a show that is 600 in guest sales but only 550 in commisionable sales. Does that make sense??

The booking benefit does not cost you money, but you don't make any money on it either.

Make sure that you use the host special numbers for the past host order. The past host order will count towards guest sales (what host benefits are figured on) but not towards commissionable sales (what we get paid on).

It can also go the other way on the sales. If you have a host that purchases a lot of things with their discount, you will get paid on that discounted amount but it doesn't show in their sales. For instance, I just closed a show today where my commissionable sales were $1153.95 but the guest sales were $1101.80. Even though we don't get paid commission on the booking benefit or the half price items, they are a great selling point for our hosts and can certainly help to generate bookings.

I get that, but why did the Commissionable Sales go DOWN after I input the Booking Benefit for my first host? (I lost $16 in commissionable sales!)

If you put his past-host discount number in after you had input the order, it would drop your commissionable sales because you're paid commission on the discounted order. For example, if his order was $100 (not including the knives) before the discount, your commissionable sales on that order would be say, $25. If you then put in the phd number, the order is now $90 ($100 less 10%). Your commission on this is now $22.50. Does that make sense? Maybe that's why it went down.

Winnipegk said:
If you put his past-host discount number in after you had input the order, it would drop your commissionable sales because you're paid commission on the discounted order. For example, if his order was $100 (not including the knives) before the discount, your commissionable sales on that order would be say, $25. If you then put in the phd number, the order is now $90 ($100 less 10%). Your commission on this is now $22.50.

Does that make sense? Maybe that's why it went down.

Nope, the only thing he wants to order is the knife. Before I input his order in P3, my CS is $449.25. Then, I add his order and the CS goes down by $16 to $433.25. I guess I'm going to have to call HO on this.:confused:

KatieBeth said:
Nope, the only thing he wants to order is the knife. Before I input his order in P3, my CS is $449.25. Then, I add his order and the CS goes down by $16 to $433.25. I guess I'm going to have to call HO on this.:confused:

Take his order out and look at the commissionable again. Then add his order. It really shouldn't change.

What will change is the guest sales. They will be higher than commissionable sales if there's a past host special in the show (unless the host uses their discount which often washes that).

Very weird -- definitely call the HO. There has to be some other explanation, but I can't think of what. GL.

Keep us posted on what you find out though. I am very interested.

I think you are comparing the Guest Sales and the Commissionable Sales and "thinking" yours goes down. Any item the guests or hosts buy that has a 50% discount or more, we don't make commission on. I had one show because the Host bought over $100 herself be over $50 higher in commissionable sales.

Make sure you did not remove any other item from any other order accidentally. There is only a $16 dollar difference in the Commissionable sales amount. Not $30. So I would say this has nothing to do with the knife. Did you delete any product from any order worth $16 or possibly delete a complete order for $16? Look at all your order forms and make sure all your orders match. Then call HO.

I'm curious about what the outcome of this was.

What is the booking benefit and how does it affect our expenses?

The booking benefit is a program offered by Pampered Chef that provides incentives and rewards to consultants for booking and hosting cooking shows. It does not directly cost the consultant any money, but it may affect expenses indirectly by increasing sales and potentially leading to higher commission earnings.

Do we have to pay for the booking benefit upfront?

No, there is no upfront cost for the booking benefit. It is a free program that consultants can opt into and participate in at any time.

What are the benefits of participating in the booking benefit program?

The booking benefit program offers various rewards and incentives, such as free products, discounted products, and increased commission earnings. It also helps consultants build their customer base and potentially lead to future bookings and sales.

Are there any requirements or qualifications to participate in the booking benefit program?

To participate in the booking benefit program, consultants must be active and in good standing with Pampered Chef. They must also have a minimum of $150 in sales from their personal website or cooking shows within the previous three months.

How do I track my progress and rewards in the booking benefit program?

Consultants can track their progress and rewards in the booking benefit program through their Pampered Chef account on the consultant website. They can also contact their team leader for updates and information on their booking benefit status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
K.Shaffer
  • Saturday Gourmet
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies