• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does it matter if I have expiration date?

Expiration date:

• Yes it matters. You have to wait until tomorrow.

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No it doesn't matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I got the CC# from my new consultant, but I forgot to ask for the expiration date. Does it matter, can I make one up or should I just wait until the morning?

jwpamp

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2006
I think it has to match to go thru.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Yes...it will have to match otherwise you'll end up with issues...just as if you put in the wrong #.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
From years of managing Retail....you USED to be able to make up the expiration #, and it would go through, but those days are over.

Now - you need the correct exp. #, the correct spelling, and also make sure that if there is a middle initial on the card, that you are including that too. A card gets declined for the teeniest thing now.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
OK thanks! I left her a FB msg. Thanks for the input! The last thing I would want is problems with this!

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Curiosity has got the cat. Are you doing her online application for her?

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Curiosity has got the cat. Are you doing her online application for her?

?? I do this with almost all of my consultants, unless they are sitting right with me, then we do it together. I have them fill out a paper agreement - I give them their copy, and then I go home, and enter all of the info in online. Faster, easier, and cheaper than mailing in the agreement, and then I know it's done and done right! (and it's perfectly legal, since they've read, filled out, and received a hard copy of their agreement).

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
?? I do this with almost all of my consultants, unless they are sitting right with me, then we do it together. I have them fill out a paper agreement - I give them their copy, and then I go home, and enter all of the info in online. Faster, easier, and cheaper than mailing in the agreement, and then I know it's done and done right! (and it's perfectly legal, since they've read, filled out, and received a hard copy of their agreement).

There are differing opinions on this.....

My NED tells us to mail the paper agreements in and NOT to do them online ourselves.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
There are differing opinions on this.....

My NED tells us to mail the paper agreements in and NOT to do them online ourselves.

Hmmmm, I've done it 4 times this summer/Fall - plus several times before that....I've never been questioned on it.

Of course - I don't have an NED or an SED...a couple less levels of structure here to go through. :D

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008

I would have to disagree with this part. The reason being, is that clicking the button is the equivalent of the new consultant's signature. Since you're not sending the paper agreement, HO is not getting their real signature at any point. I would think that could be equated to taking the paper agreement that she signs, and filling out and copying her signature on a new one because the old one got wet. That would then not be her true signature, and in the eyes of the law that would be a forged signature.

I know that you're trying to make it easy for the consultant, and I do agree that by having read the agreement and signed it, they have seen all the terms and have a hard copy. However, if you were to call HO and ask them, they would tell you that is not OK.

I did listen to a recruiting CD where the consultant will have her new recruit sign the paper agreement at the show or meeting, then have her take it home and key it in on her own computer. She says that by signing her name on the paper makes it real, and doing it online is just another step. Another option of course would be to bring a laptop, and go to a place with a wireless connection.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Awe, man ... I didn't mean to start a debate! Sorry!!!

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008

Don't worry :D I probably would have put my two cents in anyway.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005

That's okay - I'll still do it the way I always have - The recruit knows I'm going to enter it in online, we've gone over all of the legaleze on the document, and I have a signed agreement, the recruit has a signed agreement, and if HO ever wants it, I can always send one in. Soooo, people can disagree, but I'm okay with the way I handle it. :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views