• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Drinking Impact Sales? Easter Edition!

In summary, it all depends on the crowd. Parties with alcohol tend to do better than parties without alcohol.
jcwarr
just wondering if you all find parties where they are having drinks to affect your sales? i feel like my brunch/lunch shows are much better saleswise than my night time shows. not all though - but oftentimes the ones where the 'moms' are getting out of the house for a rare night out - tend to have a lot of fun - but do not purchase as much!! just curious what you all felt?
thanks!

I think it all depends on the crowd. Unless they're getting wasted, I don't think it will affect sales one way or the other. However, we all know that durnk people can make some mistakes (ie...spending more $$$ than they wanted to), but it doesn't happen often I'm sure. Maybe someone else has a different opinion. It hasnt' affected my sales either way.

My director insists that alcohol= $1000 shows, but it backfired for me. Everyone was so into having a great time that they didn't care to listen. I think that shows are a gamble in general, and alcohol can help or hurt depending on the crowd.

Hurt my show!It really hurt my show when I attended a show where the ladies felt the need to indulge themselves before, during and after my demo with alcohol. The ones drinking didn't feel the need to order or to order very much. :p
I thought it was rude. I mean it's one thing to take a drink and to enjoy yourself while you're out with friends, but to get wasted is another thing. It's so unprofessional and those ladies were very vulgar!

Debbie :D

The last show that I had with pepople drinking I eneded up with someone so drunk they questioned the way that I do business verus the way her friend does it... I am PO!!1

My AD had a "drinking show" where someone booked a show, and put down the wrong address on her drawing slip (and not just a little wrong...WAY wrong!). The HP was hand delivered to the host, with the invitations already filled out...and the host NEVER noticed the wrong address.

So, pregnant AD shows up at the appointed address, unloads her stuff by the front door and rings the doorbell...at the WRONG HOUSE! Calls the host, and gets the correct address (quite a bit away). Host never apologized...just laughed it off!

Crazy things can happen at all shows. I learned to always verify the address I have on file before making invitations from this one!

I think a social drink is fine..but I did a show where the guests were doing shots everytime anyone said "favorite"..they really stopped paying attention to me...I was furious!!! It was a decent show in sales, around $600, but not worth the stress it put me under!

Yikes! I've had people drinking at my shows, but never has anyone gotten themself completely soused! I don't think the alcohol has affected my sales at all. I've fallen into a Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon kind of niche lately so these times aren't really condusive to much alcohol. I did have a Saturday morning brunch show where the host served Champagne and Mimosas (yummy!)...this was my $1800 show so maybe it did influence just a tad....

I would say yes. But not all the time.

It seems like the evening shows that the ladies are having a social drink seem to do a bit better. They are relaxed and having a good time. I think they might also justify spending some money on products since they would have paid for a for drinks somewhere else anyway. But shots would be a bit much for my comfort level....

I have had two shows that the guest had a glass of a wine before or either after the show and I do mean one glass. I was glad that was all it was b/c i would not have been comfortable with more.

I personally think the guests and host should respect that this is our job and although we can have loads and loads of fun with it that alchohol is not necessary to have that fun together. We would not drink on our regular jobs nor would we want anyone else too.

This is my opinion and anyone has the right to disagree with me but these are my feelings.

My best show was a brunch drinking show and by 'best' I mean everyone was friendly, relaxed, interactive during my demo and having a great time. I guess the mamosas took the edge off...haha. No one crossed the line. It was the perfect recipe for fun and increased sales.

I say yes it has in my case but I'm sure not in all cases!

But they have never been sloppy drunk just enough to relax!! My first two shows that i ever did were drinking shows and it really worked to my advantage because I told everyone to drink up so that way if I messed up they wouldn't notice as much!! that got a few laughs!!

everyone of my shows that included alcohol has been over 1000.00

heaather

klsnyder said:
I think a social drink is fine..but I did a show where the guests were doing shots everytime anyone said "favorite"..they really stopped paying attention to me...I was furious!!! It was a decent show in sales, around $600, but not worth the stress it put me under!
That CRACKS ME UP! If they were at my show, they'd all be hammered about 5 minutes in, because I tell them everything is my favorite!

Generally, I find that alcohol loosens the purse strings a bit, but too much and they forget what they were going to order, or just think, "screw it..." I say a little wine, a few margaritas or whatever is good, but shots...that's not so good...but can't you see a trifle with rainbow jello shots? THAT could be fun at a non-PC party!

Ahh Kim... if only I was in college again I could score some major points with that Jello shot trifle ;)

I can't say that Alcohol effects the sales at my shows much - I've never had a group get really hammered though. I would say that my brunch/lunch shows seem to have higher sales & better interaction. I think the guests are more relaxed, and rested, and so am I.......I feel like a do a better show, and that my guests have alot more fun. I wish I could do 3-4 Saturday Brunch shows a week! My brunch shows have gained a reputation, and I am now booked up thru the first week of June for Sat. shows.!

speedychef said:
That CRACKS ME UP! If they were at my show, they'd all be hammered about 5 minutes in, because I tell them everything is my favorite!
That was my problem also...favorite is said at least 50 times just by me in each demo!!

Early in my career I arrived at a show at 6:00, they had been drinking since 4:00 and I ended up leaving around 7:00 when a guest tossed my Chef's Knife to another person across the room.

I was freaking inside but, killed them w/ kindness. I said a friendly "Hey, I'm insured but I don't want to have to use it." I added they were having so much fun that if we did a real show, where they needed to sit, they would be asleep. They all thought that was funny. They turned up the music and helped me pack!
The hostess promised to collect orders but I ended up with dismal sales.

Now, when I talk about theme shows I always mention my Mexican Margarita Party. But tell them I love doing that show, but I only offer it on one condition. They can't drink until I get there. You can tell they think I am going to drink with them. So I tell them I'm not going to drink their alcohol and I go into my "the only show I've had to leave story."

I let hostess do what they want. If they are serving alcohol I let them know it is a depressant and if people drink too early it will tire them. One when we start is fine. Three or four and I've lost their interrest. They usually understand.

I have to say, the show I had where the drinking was the worst, the guests completely stopped paying attention to me. So I finished up, served the dish and had over a $1000 show.

Now when people ask me if drinking is okay, I say "Not only is it okay, it's highly encouraged!" :D

Brunch shows=good.
Drinking shows=good.
Drinking at Brunch shows=excellent.

$850+ in sales, and a ton of happy retired women laughing their buns off.

That's my only experience with drinking at shows, though...

Some of my best shows have had alchohal served but they weren't sloshed by any means. My 2nd show had alot of drinking involved and no one paid attention, lots of distractions (mostly from the host, very tipsy) and only ended at $450ish! So I guess there is a limit to how much drinking is involved.

Now...with the Easter season upon us, can't you see filling the bowl halfway with easter grass and then topping it all off with Everclear Jello Jiggler eggs?! LOL! I can't wait til Friday!

What is the impact of alcohol consumption on sales during Pampered Chef parties?

While alcohol consumption may create a more relaxed and social atmosphere, it can also inhibit decision-making and lead to overspending. As a result, it is important for consultants to monitor and limit alcohol consumption at parties to maintain responsible and successful sales.

Do Pampered Chef consultants need to be careful about serving alcohol at parties?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants should prioritize the safety and well-being of their guests and follow all local laws and regulations regarding the service of alcohol. It is also important to consider any dietary restrictions or preferences of guests when planning food and beverage options.

Are there any restrictions on serving alcohol at Pampered Chef parties?

Consultants should always follow local laws and regulations regarding the service of alcohol. In addition, Pampered Chef has its own guidelines and policies in place to ensure the safety and success of its parties. These may include limiting the number of drinks per guest and providing non-alcoholic options.

Can Pampered Chef consultants offer alcohol as an incentive for purchasing products?

No, it is against Pampered Chef's policies to offer alcohol as an incentive for purchasing products. Consultants should instead focus on promoting the quality and usefulness of the products to drive sales.

How can consultants balance the social aspect of alcohol with its potential impact on sales?

Consultants can offer non-alcoholic options and promote responsible drinking during parties. They can also focus on creating a fun and engaging atmosphere through games and activities rather than relying on alcohol for socialization. Ultimately, the most important goal is to ensure that guests have a positive and enjoyable experience while still driving successful sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies