• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Netbook Options for P3: Finding a Replacement for Your Desktop

I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S2276.Re: NetbooksWhat is your favorite feature of the netbook?I love the portability of it. Being able to take it with me anywhere I go.
nene960
Does anyone use a netbook for P3??? I have a new laptop but I think my desktop is getting ready to crash. If it does my laptop will become our main computer and I will need something new for my P3. I have been looking at netbooks and don't know what to do.

Re: NetbooksI have a brand new consultant who loaded P3 on to her netbook...but she hasn't had a show yet, so I don't know how well it's working for that.

Re: NetbooksI have a brand new consultant using a netbook as well - so far she is happy. I have over 400 shows and needed to add memory to my regular laptop - I am not sure a netbook would have the amount of memory I'd need.

Re: NetbooksI have a "netbook" and run things much more intensive than P3 on it.

You need to careful on what you are looking for and buying when purchasing a "netbook". You could easily be deceived into a $300 'deal' that would only run your email/browser. For a couple hundred more, you can get a 'netbook' that is as powerful as any laptop.

I have had my "netbook" since Labor Day Weekend 2007. It is not what you see in Best Buy or your average shopper's store that is what they call today's netbook. I LOVE my "netbook" and it runs intensive applications including programming and server applications. I paid more than today's netbooks, but it is lighter, more robust, and even though it is two years old - it is still more powerful than today's "netbooks".

I believe this is the newer version of my 'netbook' (I have a TZ)
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=16154&SR=nav:shop:computers:notebooks:ss&ref=http%3A//www.sony.com/index.php#actionVar=leftScrollButton&filterVar=unfiltered

Re: NetbooksOn of the drawbacks I see in them is no cd/dvd drive so that felt limiting to me. I don't often save files that way anymore but I do like the option of using a disk if I choose to.

Re: NetbooksI have P3 on my husband's netbook and take it to shows all the time. It works wonderfully! I keep the main information on my computer at home, and back up/restore to the netbook before the show and backup/restore to my home computer after the party. It's awesome!

Re: NetbooksI'm thinking of getting a netbook myself. How do you load the PPP program onto the netbook without an external drive?

Re: NetbooksYou can download P3 from consultant's corner.I have a DVD-RW on my netbook.

Re: Netbooks:confused:Would you mind explaining that process, Amy? Thanks!:eek:

Re: NetbooksSure! I use my desktop at home as my main computer (since the netbook isn't actually mine!!). Before I go to a show, I tell P3 to do a backup(Under the Tools menu), and then I save the backup to a flash drive. I boot up the netbook, open P3 (and let it update, if necessary), and then select Restore (Tools menu, again), and when it asks where the file is that I'm restoring, I select the drive with the flash drive and select the backup file. (and I double check that the latest changes are really there...I've had a couple of "Oops" moments with this!). Then, after the party, I back up from the netbook to the flash drive, and restore to my desktop from the flashdrive. I hope that made sense...it's almost 1 am here, and I might not be coherent!

Re: NetbooksOh...and with the netbook, what I have to say is, "Got it, Love it!" (do I get a ticket or something?)

Re: NetbooksSo does everyone take a laptop to their shows? I'm having my grand opening on November 7th - so I'm really really new! :)

What do you use the laptop/netbook for at the show? I'm not sure I have ever been to a show where the consultant used a computer...

Re: NetbooksI enter orders into Pampered Partner Plus. It saves everyone from having to do math at the party. Also, if they're really close to the guest special, you can search the products by price and suggest things that would put them up to the $60 level (or whatever the level is).

Re: NetbooksWhat kind of netbook do you have?

1. Does anyone use a blue pan for cooking?

Yes, many people use blue pans for cooking. The color of the pan does not affect its functionality or cooking abilities.

2. Does anyone use a red knife for cutting?

Yes, red knives are commonly used for cutting in the kitchen. The color of the knife does not impact its sharpness or cutting abilities.

3. Does anyone use a green spatula for flipping food?

Absolutely! Green spatulas are a popular choice for flipping food in the kitchen. The color of the spatula does not affect its effectiveness in flipping.

4. Does anyone use a purple baking dish for baking?

Yes, purple baking dishes are used by many bakers for their baking needs. The color of the dish does not change the way the food is baked.

5. Does anyone use a pink blender for making smoothies?

Definitely! Pink blenders are a popular choice for making smoothies and other blended drinks. The color of the blender does not affect its blending abilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
K_Baker
  • nene960
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nene960
  • luvmypomeranian