• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Clean Eating the Key to a Healthier Lifestyle?

In summary, following Clean Eating principles is easy if you are buying fresh and making everything from scratch, but there are some tricky areas. Tosca Reno's books are a good resource.
kam
Staff member
No, not a joke. :)

I am looking for help in following the eating clean principles.

I have just started and have some weird questions and was wondering if anyone here follows Clean Eating! (Little or no processed food.)

Thanks!

Check out The Gracious Pantry. She also has a cookbook out
Skinny Ms Superfoods.

Love Eating Clean! Have fallen off plan, but really enjoyed it while following it and felt much better without all of the processed foods and preservatives!

I thought you meant the bald headed guy with the earring.

220px-Mr._Clean_logo.png

kchef said:
Check out The Gracious Pantry. She also has a cookbook out
Skinny Ms Superfoods.

I have been using her site a lot. I just realized today that she was the same person who wrote the cookbook. I saw it "coming up" on QVC and thought it would probably be "clean" but I missed the presentation so I did not get any details on the book.

It is easy if I am buying fresh and making everything from scratch...but there are some tricky areas for me.

I am getting recipes/meal plans from various sites...Clean Eating Magazine and a few others. But, my issue is when a meal plan calls for items that are not something I can make.

For example, cottage cheese. I know all foods are not "equal" and you have to read labels, but I am not sure when I am making the "right" choice. I found a Cottage Cheese with "Cultured Skim milk, cream and salt". I think that is pretty clean, but I am not sure.

Also, tortillas. I am on the verge of making my own from scratch but don't really want to do that. I have a Clean Eating cookbook that calls for 100% whole wheat tortillas. I have only been able to find 1 brand that says "100%" and it has a pretty long list of ingredients that I can't pronounce. Is this still acceptable? I can find Corn tortillas woth only about 7 ingredients but not sure if it is better tham the 100% whole wheat ones.

These are the kinds of things I am struggling with and was looking for advice from anyone who has eaten clean.

I am also trying to follow it. Have you checked out the Eat Clean books by Tosca Reno? Or her website?

I think CK Hall does this...you may want to message her as well.

Also, Becky D. might be a good person to ask.

heather223 said:
I am also trying to follow it. Have you checked out the Eat Clean books by Tosca Reno? Or her website?

I had borrowed the original book and figured out the general principles (the original one is not available anymore). I will have to make my way into a bookstore to look at her "Just the Rules" book to see if it is what I need. I had picked up some Clean Eating cookbooks hoping that was all I needed, but this is where I am having trouble with some of the ingredients. I have already ordered "The Science of Skinny", "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" and "This is Why You're Fat" hoping that those will help explain some basic nutrition principles. Hope to get them tomorrow!

chefsteph07 said:
I think CK Hall does this...you may want to message her as well.

babywings76 said:
Also, Becky D. might be a good person to ask.

Thanks, I will have to bug them! :)

Tosca Reno is amazing! Her books are available on Kindle. I have been eating clean for a little over 7 weeks. Love it! It's the easiest thingi have ever done! There is so much online about it, info, recipes, tips, etc.

1. What does it mean to eat clean?

Eating clean refers to consuming whole, unprocessed foods that are free of additives, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. It also involves limiting or avoiding processed foods, added sugars, and unhealthy fats.

2. Is the Pampered Chef brand considered clean eating?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products that support a clean eating lifestyle. Our products are made with high-quality, natural ingredients and are free of preservatives and additives. We also offer a variety of recipes and cooking techniques that promote clean eating.

3. Can I still use Pampered Chef products if I have dietary restrictions?

Yes, we offer a variety of products that are suitable for different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options. Our products are also versatile and can be used to create a wide range of meals that cater to different dietary restrictions.

4. How can Pampered Chef products help me eat cleaner?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. By using our products, you can easily prepare healthy, whole food meals at home, instead of relying on processed or fast food options. Our products also promote portion control and can help you avoid using unhealthy cooking methods, such as frying.

5. Are there any resources or tools available to help me eat clean with Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer a variety of resources and tools to help you eat clean with Pampered Chef. Our website and social media channels offer a wide range of clean eating recipes and tips. Additionally, our consultants are trained to help you find the best products and recipes to support your clean eating goals. We also offer cooking classes and workshops focused on clean eating and using our products to create healthy meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
Replies