• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Dip Recipe from "It's Good for You Cookbook

In summary, the conversation is about a roasted garlic and red pepper dip recipe from "It's Good for You Cookbook". The recipe includes instructions for both the dip and homemade rosemary pita chips. The dip is made with roasted garlic, red bell pepper, cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and seasoning mix, while the pita chips are made with whole wheat pita bread, garlic, olive oil, and rosemary seasoning mix. The dip can be served with the pita chips and dried rosemary can be used as a substitute for the seasoning mix.
chefchelsea
The roasted garlic red pepper dip from "It's Good for you Cookbook"? I don't have that cookbook yet and my hostess wants the recipe to make it for some of what she will be making to go with the recipe. Thanks so much!

Here it is. I've never tried it, but it sounds really good.

Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Dip

2 whole heads garlic, unpeeled
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wedges
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 package (8 oz.) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
Rosemary Pita Chips, optional

Preheat oven to 425. Slice about 1/4 inch from top of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves. Place in center of Deep Dish Baker; surround with bell pepper wedges. Spray garlic and bell pepper with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer; cover with aluminum foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until garlic is soft; cool completely.
Place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds until softened. Whisk vigorously until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
Remove skin from bell pepper; finely chop using Food Chopper. Squeeze garlic cloves from papery skin into batter bowl. Add bell pepper, sour cream, lemon juice and seasoning mix; mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with Rosemary Pita Chips, if desired.

Rosemary Pita Chips

6 whole wheat pita pocket bread rounds
6 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 teaspoons Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix

Preheat oven to 400. Split each pita pocket in half horizontally. Using Garlic Press, press garlic over rounds; spread evenly. Lightly spray rounds with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer; sprinkle evenly with seasoning mix.
Cut each round into 8 wedges. Arrange half of the pita wedges in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until chips are lightly browned and crisp. Remove from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining wedges.

*For each recipe: Crushed dried rosemary can be substituted for the Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix.

thanks so much!

What ingredients do I need for the Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Dip recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe are 1 head of garlic, 1 red bell pepper, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup of cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.

How do I roast the garlic for this recipe?

To roast the garlic, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the top off the head of garlic and place it on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap tightly in the foil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the garlic is soft and golden brown.

Can I use a different type of pepper for this dip?

Yes, you can use any type of pepper you prefer. The recipe calls for red bell pepper, but you can also use roasted poblano peppers or roasted jalapeno peppers for a spicier dip.

How long will this dip last in the refrigerator?

If stored in an airtight container, this dip will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to stir it well before serving again.

Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to give it a stir before serving to combine any separated ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tracy99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies