• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Go Out to Do Intentional Bookings?

In summary, many people go shopping with their PC totes and logowear in order to build a customer base. However, it is important to also schedule doctor's appointments and visits to the library in order to be successful.
jj16
Gold Member
Let me clarify first. What I mean is I really don't have anywhere to turn. You talk about your List of 100 but I honestly don't even remotely have anwhere near that. I have spent the last three years in a truck. I honestly don't have contacts like the "normal" person because I have spent my life behind a steering wheel. I did everything I could from a computer so I didn't miss out on hours for work.

I was wondering if anyone goes say to the mall or some other public place with logo wear and tote to hopefully strike up a conversation but that is the only reason I would be there because I wouldn't be at the mall for any other reason. I was even thinking of going to some towns that are an hour away but that I am familiar with. Anybody ever done this?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Judy

I do. I wear my logo stuff a lot. I make sure I have mini catalogs with me. I chat with clerks and customers everywhere.It may take you a while to build a customer base, but they're out there.

I do also. I will go up to the "bigger" mall about a 1/2 hour from me, and just "window" shop with my tote, and shirt. Hasn't quite worked for me yet, but it has worked when I position my tote just right on the seat next to me at a restaurant so the waitress or waiter will see it.

Too funny! I am planning on doing this tonight!

Actually, I have to pick up a repair at Sears and that's all...so I figured I could bring my tote and just walk the mall. (But now that I am going to the mall, I have thought of a bunch of stuff I need!! :) )

Look up the threads on Pampering A Business. Great ideas there!

Go INSIDE the bank to do your business, not the ATM or drive through.

Get your hair cut - and bring a platter of treats and some catalogs with you.

Always go through the same line at the grocery store - develop a relationship w/ the checker.

Schedule a Dentists Appt! My Dentist Office (way more than the Dr's office) has been very supportive of my business!

BUT - Schedule a Doctor's Appt. too!

Get a Library Card, and start frequenting the library!

Make sure that you are prepared to do business as you go about your everyday business of living!

I like to go to the play areas with my kids at the mall and also the park. My oldest son is required :) to wear his PC shirt, as am I. I may do a show this summer with a Gymboree sales person. She now receives my e-newsletter. I've given out a few catalogs also. I also started hanging mini catalogs and wedding registry fliers at the book store, which has a community message board for such things. We'll see if I get anything that way. It's definitely much better to talk to someone and get their info.

My director has booked several parties and signed several team members by chatting with everyone, especially while waiting in line.

Kelly

I do this as well. Wear logo wear and carry the tote... carry it intentionally... in front of your boday so the PC logo is clearly visible. I make a point of making eye contact with everyone I can. When I make eye contact, people tend to immediately look down and see my bag. It works!

I see that many of us go shopping with our PC totes and logowear but does anyone actually ask the clerks, people shopping "are you familiar with the Pampered Chef" or anything like that? I need to be a little more proactive that just hoping someone says something.

dkitten13 said:
I see that many of us go shopping with our PC totes and logowear but does anyone actually ask the clerks, people shopping "are you familiar with the Pampered Chef" or anything like that? I need to be a little more proactive that just hoping someone says something.

I only say things like that if someone comments on my tote, clothing, or pin. I let them open the door to the conversation.

I know there are some who are very successful with intentional bookings/recruiting, but it's not something I think I will ever do. I have gotten sales/bookings/recruit leads from people commenting about my PC wear though. I'm always ready to continue any conversation someone else starts!

I bring recipe cards with my info on them so if I start chatting with a sales person, I can thank them for their help and then give them something from me. I plan on making the lava cake for my hair salon - they stay late one night and 3 pm always seems to be that time when everybody needs a chocolate fix. Plus it smells great!

doughmama said:
I bring recipe cards with my info on them so if I start chatting with a sales person, I can thank them for their help and then give them something from me.

I plan on making the lava cake for my hair salon - they stay late one night and 3 pm always seems to be that time when everybody needs a chocolate fix. Plus it smells great!

I was going to suggest this- from the article in May's CN (pg 4) - Laura Morea "makes her 3 contacts a day by giving out recipe cards, and it's really paying off. Over a two-week period in March, she recruited six new Consultants!"
"She gives them to bank tellers, cashiers, and store personnel - anyone who makes an extra effort to help her.. She says: "Thank you so much for your help. Here's a little thank you from me. It's a new recipe you can try or share with a friend. If you have any questions, my contact information and website address are on the back of the card."

You can read the rest of the article of course in the CN. :D Just wanted to summarize for those who didn't read it. I haven't tried this YET- but think it sounds like an easy way to open the door!

I need to practice striking up conversations with people. I listened to an audio or a conference call a while back (I can't remember where it was) about PC in everyday conversations. One point that the speaker had was that you shouldn't concentrate on finding a way to bring PC up in the conversation. More specifically, if PC comes up in the conversation it's a great thing, but not to force the conversation to go there.

The example she had was a conversation in the grocery store check out line. She said she might make a comment about something in their cart and get into a conversation about favorite recipes and such. As PC consultants, we'd immediately want to jump in and start telling them about all these great tools that would be great for the person to make their recipes with, but we need to remember that this may not come across as we inted it to. We see ourselves as wanting to be helpful, but that person may think "great, one of those sales people who just pretended to be nice so that they can sell me something." Now, if the conversation naturally goes in that direction ("what do you do?"), then great!

The easiest way to start a conversation is to compliment someone.

NooraK said:
I need to practice striking up conversations with people. I listened to an audio or a conference call a while back (I can't remember where it was) about PC in everyday conversations. One point that the speaker had was that you shouldn't concentrate on finding a way to bring PC up in the conversation. More specifically, if PC comes up in the conversation it's a great thing, but not to force the conversation to go there.

The example she had was a conversation in the grocery store check out line. She said she might make a comment about something in their cart and get into a conversation about favorite recipes and such. As PC consultants, we'd immediately want to jump in and start telling them about all these great tools that would be great for the person to make their recipes with, but we need to remember that this may not come across as we inted it to. We see ourselves as wanting to be helpful, but that person may think "great, one of those sales people who just pretended to be nice so that they can sell me something." Now, if the conversation naturally goes in that direction ("what do you do?"), then great!

The easiest way to start a conversation is to compliment someone.

This is what I was talking about/trying to say in my previous post. I don't want to be attacking people with PC, but if they are interested, I am ready to chat!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I was talking about/trying to say in my previous post. I don't want to be attacking people with PC, but if they are interested, I am ready to chat!

Exactly! :) And, as we know, it's a numbers game. The more people you talk to, the greater your chances are that someone will be interested in what you do.

Now I just have to go make that happen for me! :D

Great thread! I did this on Tuesday and got 2 new contacts. In fact, one of them used to sell PC about 10 years ago, and was very involved in it! Now she and her husband own businesses and is happy with that, but she might be coming to my mystery host party! I'm going to stay positive!!!

I work full-time...do you think doing this on a Saturday is okay and would it also be okay to come back the same day?

I went shopping for leads with my director and 2 other consultants. We had a blast! I made about 4 contacts, and gave out 1 recruit packet (DVD, Come Join Us, Take Charge Take Action, my business card, an intro letter and a snack bag of microwave popcorn). So far I have been in touch with 2 of them, and mailed them a catalog, Why Host a show, and June, July & August specials, but no bookings yet. 2 days ago I was in Macy's and was observing the clerk dealing with a difficult customer. when it was my turn I commiserated(sp?) with her and ended the transaction with giving her a recruit packet and made a date and time to call her. Today was that day and she wasn't home, but I left a message.
Wish me luck!

Oh yeah, I always carry my catalog tote, instead of a purse, and try to wear some other form of logo wear.

I must live in a snooty area. I always take my shopping bags with me grocery shopping, and plop them in the baby seat of the shopping cart, with "PC" facing outward. I also wear logo gear. I observe way too many people looking at the tote or logo gear, look at me and quickly divert their eyes to something on the shelf. It's almost as if they're thinking "uh oh, if I make eye contact she's actually going to speak to me". Very annoying. :grumpy:

PamperedchefDaly said:
I must live in a snooty area. I always take my shopping bags with me grocery shopping, and plop them in the baby seat of the shopping cart, with "PC" facing outward. I also wear logo gear. I observe way too many people looking at the tote or logo gear, look at me and quickly divert their eyes to something on the shelf. It's almost as if they're thinking "uh oh, if I make eye contact she's actually going to speak to me". Very annoying. :grumpy:

I tend to get this a lot too. Hmmm, do we look like attack dogs? LOL

my sister in law sells Mary Kay and she said this is why she and her "group" don't wear name tags...don't carry catalog bags...and think about it...what do you do when you see a Mary Kay person...for me, at least, I don't make eye contact because some of them can be VERY pushy!!

Stephanie

Crystal Patton said:
I tend to get this a lot too. Hmmm, do we look like attack dogs? LOL

This is too funny!! It makes me think we are in high school still! I have learned to be a PC Consultant, you have to brave a lot of funny looks but it is truly worth it when you make someone's day with a neat kitchen tool!

1. Can I host a Pampered Chef party at my house?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I can help you host a party at your home. We can work together to plan a fun and interactive event for you and your friends.

2. How do I schedule a Pampered Chef party?

You can schedule a party by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and discussing available dates. You can also host a virtual party and invite your friends to join from the comfort of their own homes.

3. Do I have to purchase products at a Pampered Chef party?

No, there is no obligation to purchase products at a party. However, many guests do choose to make purchases in order to take advantage of the special deals and discounts offered at parties.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, as a party host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales made at your party. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you can earn.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party for a specific occasion?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties are perfect for any occasion, such as birthdays, bridal showers, or just a fun night with friends. You can also customize the party theme to fit your specific needs and interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• grgann
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies