• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales with Discounted Product Groupings | Shop Now and Save!

In summary, at Christmas time, Amanda offered a gift set that included a loaf pan, bread knife, potholder, and beer bread mix. She sold 9 of them in November and 4 in December.
pchefinski
...put together product groupings at a slight discount (say 10%) to push for a little extra in sales? Almost like gift basket groupings, but for sale at a slight discount? (giving the % off as a consultant gift) It would be an automatic cross-referencing, as guests would see what products go well with each other, and even if they don't end up buying the grouping, maybe they'd order some of the corresponding products.

For instance:
Food chopper, Bar board/knife set, ($37 value; offer for $34.50!)
or
Classic Batter Bowl, Medium Scoop, Stainless Whisk, Classic Scraper ($44.75 value--offer for $40.00!)

These were just on-the-spot groups of products. I'd think about them a little more if I did it. I'm trying to boost my sales, and I thought this might be a good "New Year" special type of thing to do (and the same with the new products in March).. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of commission here and now to reach my long-term goal--> PARADISE... aka BERMUDA :D

So, what do you think?

Well I know that we have talked about it in cluster meetings before and I know that I had found a flier with discounted grouping prices but I thought I downloaded it but I can't seem to find it maybe do a search I am not actually sure if I found it on this site or another. I will keep looking and check back later.

Found it!! This isn't something I can take credit for I got it off another board.
HTH

Attachments

• Gifts to Go Gift Boxes with products.doc
    35 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
jdavis said:
Found it!! This isn't something I can take credit for I got it off another board.
HTH

I don't see it posted.. Could you try again? Thanks :)

What does "SS" mean on the flyer?

Mom’s Little Helper*
Small Scoop 9.25
Mini Spatula 4.00
Small Spreader 4.00
Total 17.25
SS, Small Bar Pan 14.00
Total 31.25

Is it the discounted product in the grouping, or something?

Thanks for the flyer.. It's great :)

I've did thisAt Chritmas time I offered a loaf pan, bread knife, potholder, and beer bread mix wrapped up with cello and bow for $7.50 off the regular price. I sold 9 of them in Nov. and 4 in Dec. I thought that was pretty good. I'm think about offering something like this again around mothers day

Ss?Amanda,
SS on the flyer means Super Sizing. It was the fine print at the very bottom of the flyer. Hope that helps! :)

pchefinski said:
What does "SS" mean on the flyer?

Mom’s Little Helper*
Small Scoop 9.25
Mini Spatula 4.00
Small Spreader 4.00
Total 17.25
SS, Small Bar Pan 14.00
Total 31.25

Is it the discounted product in the grouping, or something?

Thanks for the flyer.. It's great :)

I think it means Super Size, but I may be wrong. If I am, I would like to know what it means too. :confused:

what does super sizing mean? this is so goofy, but i really am confused!

rennea said:
At Chritmas time I offered a loaf pan, bread knife, potholder, and beer bread mix wrapped up with cello and bow for $7.50 off the regular price. I sold 9 of them in Nov. and 4 in Dec. I thought that was pretty good. I'm think about offering something like this again around mothers day

Wow, that sounds like success to me! I'm thinking I might try this. And if it goes well, maybe have a special one for each month.. Awesome. I think that confirmed my decision. Thanks Rennea.

Okay, so regarding the super sizing thing.. the items that are collected together first, before the 1st total will fit inside the boxes, but the bottom of the page warns that if the guest orders the SS item, it all might not fit in the box.. did I interpret that right?

Thanks for helping me out on this :) I appreciate it.

kimmers said:
I think it means Super Size, but I may be wrong. If I am, I would like to know what it means too. :confused:
Yes, it does mean SS. When these flyers are handed out during shows around the holidays, it gives people an idea for product groupings for gifts and that extra (SS) product is just if people want to make it a more substantial gift. :)

I haven't looked closely at the discontinued products--did I see that the gift boxes were going away? Should I stock up?

Yes the gift boxes are going and the gift sets are going as well. I like those boxes so I need to stock up as well. :D

WendyAebi said:
I haven't looked closely at the discontinued products--did I see that the gift boxes were going away? Should I stock up?
If you want to continue using them. ;)

Funny, Beth!! :p

Gift SetsGift Sets are not going away totally, right? Aren't they being re-designed?

I had also offered the gift box idea and have a ton left over - the boxes that is, so I am going to do it again.

So do you buy the items beforehand and then sell the sets? Or do you order the items for the customer, have it delivered to your house and then put it together nice?

Christa said:
So do you buy the items beforehand and then sell the sets? Or do you order the items for the customer, have it delivered to your house and then put it together nice?

I have all my orders come to my house instead of the host's. I have found this to be much easier. My hosts seem to like that fact that I package everything up myself and look for any mistakes etc. I deliver everything to the host all seperated and ready for each customer. So it is easy for my to do my own gift baskets.

So I decided to do this (thanks to all of your great suggestions!), but I'm wondering if I should make up a few different collections/gift sets, and then set them up real pretty and take a picture with my digital camera. And then put those photos on a flyer or something? You know, as a visual for the guests? ... sort of a little taste of what could be done.. What do you all think?

What types of products are typically included in the discounted product groupings?

The discounted product groupings can include a variety of products such as cookware, kitchen tools, bakeware, and pantry items.

How much of a discount can I expect when purchasing a product grouping?

The amount of discount varies depending on the specific product grouping, but customers can typically save anywhere from 10-30% off the regular retail price when purchasing a discounted product grouping.

Are the products in the discounted groupings of good quality?

Yes, all products included in the discounted groupings are of the same high quality as our regular products. We simply offer them at a discounted price to provide our customers with a great value.

Do I have to purchase the entire product grouping or can I choose which products I want?

While we recommend purchasing the entire product grouping to take advantage of the discounted price, you can also choose to purchase individual products from the grouping at their regular retail price.

How often do you offer discounted product groupings and for how long?

We regularly offer discounted product groupings throughout the year, typically for a limited time only. Be sure to check our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for current promotions and availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laurenncraigory
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Back