1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Does anyone do this?

1. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

...put together product groupings at a slight discount (say 10%) to push for a little extra in sales? Almost like gift basket groupings, but for sale at a slight discount? (giving the % off as a consultant gift) It would be an automatic cross-referencing, as guests would see what products go well with each other, and even if they don't end up buying the grouping, maybe they'd order some of the corresponding products.

For instance:
    Food chopper, Bar board/knife set, ($37 value; offer for $34.50!)
    or
    Classic Batter Bowl, Medium Scoop, Stainless Whisk, Classic Scraper ($44.75 value--offer for $40.00!)

These were just on-the-spot groups of products. I'd think about them a little more if I did it. I'm trying to boost my sales, and I thought this might be a good "New Year" special type of thing to do (and the same with the new products in March).. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of commission here and now to reach my long-term goal--> PARADISE... aka BERMUDA :D

So, what do you think?

Jan 9, 2006
  2. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Well I know that we have talked about it in cluster meetings before and I know that I had found a flier with discounted grouping prices but I thought I downloaded it but I can't seem to find it maybe do a search I am not actually sure if I found it on this site or another. I will keep looking and check back later.

Jan 9, 2006
  3. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Found it!! This isn't something I can take credit for I got it off another board.
    HTH

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
    Jan 9, 2006
  4. pchefinski

I don't see it posted.. Could you try again? Thanks :)

Jan 9, 2006
  5. pchefinski

What does "SS" mean on the flyer?

Mom’s Little Helper*
    Small Scoop 9.25
    Mini Spatula 4.00
    Small Spreader 4.00
    Total 17.25
    SS, Small Bar Pan 14.00
    Total 31.25

Is it the discounted product in the grouping, or something?

Thanks for the flyer.. It's great :)

Jan 9, 2006
  6. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I've did this

At Chritmas time I offered a loaf pan, bread knife, potholder, and beer bread mix wrapped up with cello and bow for $7.50 off the regular price. I sold 9 of them in Nov. and 4 in Dec. I thought that was pretty good. I'm think about offering something like this again around mothers day

Jan 9, 2006
  7. ChefKeender

ChefKeender Novice Member

Ss?

Amanda,
    SS on the flyer means Super Sizing. It was the fine print at the very bottom of the flyer. Hope that helps! :)

Jan 9, 2006
  8. kimmers

kimmers Member

I think it means Super Size, but I may be wrong. If I am, I would like to know what it means too. :confused:

Jan 9, 2006
  9. pchefinski

what does super sizing mean? this is so goofy, but i really am confused!

Jan 9, 2006
  10. pchefinski

Wow, that sounds like success to me! I'm thinking I might try this. And if it goes well, maybe have a special one for each month.. Awesome. I think that confirmed my decision. Thanks Rennea.

Okay, so regarding the super sizing thing.. the items that are collected together first, before the 1st total will fit inside the boxes, but the bottom of the page warns that if the guest orders the SS item, it all might not fit in the box.. did I interpret that right?

Thanks for helping me out on this :) I appreciate it.

Jan 9, 2006
  11. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Yes, it does mean SS. When these flyers are handed out during shows around the holidays, it gives people an idea for product groupings for gifts and that extra (SS) product is just if people want to make it a more substantial gift. :)

12. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

I haven't looked closely at the discontinued products--did I see that the gift boxes were going away? Should I stock up?

Jan 10, 2006
  13. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

Yes the gift boxes are going and the gift sets are going as well. I like those boxes so I need to stock up as well. :D

Jan 10, 2006
  14. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

If you want to continue using them. ;)

Jan 10, 2006
  15. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

Funny, Beth!! :p

Jan 10, 2006
  16. Mom4kanda

Mom4kanda Member

Gift Sets

Gift Sets are not going away totally, right? Aren't they being re-designed?

I had also offered the gift box idea and have a ton left over - the boxes that is, so I am going to do it again.

Jan 11, 2006
  17. Christa

Christa Member

So do you buy the items beforehand and then sell the sets? Or do you order the items for the customer, have it delivered to your house and then put it together nice?

Jan 12, 2006
  18. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I have all my orders come to my house instead of the host's. I have found this to be much easier. My hosts seem to like that fact that I package everything up myself and look for any mistakes etc. I deliver everything to the host all seperated and ready for each customer. So it is easy for my to do my own gift baskets.

Jan 12, 2006
  19. pchefinski

So I decided to do this (thanks to all of your great suggestions!), but I'm wondering if I should make up a few different collections/gift sets, and then set them up real pretty and take a picture with my digital camera. And then put those photos on a flyer or something? You know, as a visual for the guests? ... sort of a little taste of what could be done.. What do you all think?

Jan 13, 2006
Have something to add?