• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Combine Companies?

In summary, the consultant agreement with Pampered Chef states that you may not demonstrate other products at a Kitchen Show.
margarita
I am thinking of becoming a pampered chef consultant as I love this type of job. :p I am currently a consultant for a Swiss skin care line. Cooking healthy would go along with my shows great. Does anyone else combine two companies into one show? I thought about preparing foods for my skin care shows with pampered chef products and presenting them at the end of my consultation for the skin care. Do you think it may be a bit overwhelming to consumers? I think if the skin care doesn't suit their needs and wants the cookware should. A great way to at least get everyone to purchase at least one product before leaving. :) Don't hold back on your opinions I am open to it all good or bad! :eek: Thanks so much!

I know of some consultants in my downline who do 2 different companies. Not at the same show though. When I started 15 years ago we were prohibited to demonstrate 2 different companies at the same show. Don't know about now though.

Great Idea!I don't know of anyone, but I think it could be a great concept! I think the 2 lines are separate enough to work well together without any overlap! I just became a consultant and love it. Feel free to contact me via e-mail and we can chat or discuss it more! Good Luck

Debbie
[email protected] :)

The consultant agreement with Pampered Chef states that you may not demonstrate other products at a Kitchen Show:

The agreement specifically states:
I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Kitchen Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef business, at any Kitchen Show® or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

You might also want to check the agreement with the other company you are selling for because they might have a similar clause.

If in doubt, check with your upline Director for their opinion. This is just mine.

I sell three different porductsFirst I'm a pampered chef consultant for over a year now are have recuited another consultant the sells jewelry. She always was more active that I was. Thats when I decided to do another company. I also do at home wine tasting parites and jewelry shows. Now I'm right where I want to be with shows. :) I tell everyone at all my shows all the companys that I do and most of the time there are people that want to have shows but not PC. I hit everyone tasts by doing three. :)

I am slightly skepticalDo you make out better with one company than the other? If a customer only has $50 to spend then it may be difficult to "guide" her/him to purchase PC over your other business(or vice-versa). I had tried doing Partylite along with PC and found it too overwhelming to do a really good job at both. (I also work a full time job, have 2 kids and a husband who works second shift) I do think it is a good idea to "share" your shows (essentially with yourself), but what will the hosts & guests think? How do you market BOTH so that customers will not feel overwhelmed. I wish you the BEST of luck!!!

Lori W :)

I have been doing better with wine tastings then PC but I let people know at my show that I do both and I get bookings for both. I feel that not everyone likes the same thing. But Wine is winning

I also sell Watkins products and wanted to get into PC. I think they would work well together but I don't think I could do this unless it was a party at my house because I think that the hostess would feel cheated. If she has a sales goal in mind to get free PC products she wouldn't want me to mention another company to take away from her sales.

Just my 2 cents.

Tonia

reply to cheftoniaI would let the guest know after they place their orders that I have another business they might be interested in. Since bookings no longer help the host get more free, it wouldn't hurt her sales. I would be happy to talk with you if you are interested in becoming a consultant for the Pampered Chef. Good luck and live everyday as a new one!
Brandy

Brandy, that is a good idea about telling them after they order. Thx.

If I am not mistaken, once you accept directorship you are not allowed to work with any other direct selling companies.

I don't see anything wrong with doing 2 things at once. I am a Mary Kay Consultant and I'm thinking about doing PC only for the starter kit and the extras. In MK we make 50% of what we sell, so I was thinking about using PC as a way to meet others.

Noel,
You are right. You can be a consultant for other companys UNTIL you accept directorship. Once you accept directorship you must only do Pampered Chef.

I was also wondering about having two direct selling type jobs like PC and something else, I have a fulltime job right now and I REALLY want to get out of it so that I can spend more time with my 4 boys (8, 6, 5 step, 1.5). My husband works fulltime also and we really have a hard time making ends meet, so I thought this would be a good idea, I am VERY busy and my fulltime really wears me out.

Why have 2 different direct sales jobs as opposed to doing Pampered Chef more? If you have 2 shows a week, you can earn about $800-1000 a month. If you did more, you would earn more. I would work harder on one instead of 2 different ones to keep up with.

you have to remember that not everyone likes the same thing. I'm just opening my door to more people. I wish that I could sell me pc but thats not always the case. Plus I do think at times that there are to many consultants out there.

Christine Pitman
www.pamperedchef.biz/chris

The Traveling Vineyard
www.freehomewinetasting.com

Here is my take on it. 1st, you can only be fully committed to one company. You can do some business with several, but you won't be able to acheive all that is possible if you are really doing less than part time with each. I personally would rather focus my energy and time on the one that is sending me on a Carbean Cruise.

Zooski1On your personal website you state that the August special is a set of 3 Stoneware bowls. It is actually a set of 3 Stainless Steel bowls with Lids. You might want to change that for your Lazy host(ess)es.

Just FYI

1. Can I combine my Pampered Chef business with another direct sales company?

Yes, you can combine your Pampered Chef business with another direct sales company as long as the other company does not compete with Pampered Chef's product line. However, it is important to check with your Pampered Chef consultant agreement to make sure there are no restrictions or conflicts.

2. How do I merge my Pampered Chef business with another consultant's business?

To merge your Pampered Chef business with another consultant's business, you will first need to discuss and agree on the details with the other consultant. Then, you can contact Pampered Chef's Home Office to request a business merger form. Once completed and approved, your two businesses will be combined into one account.

3. Can I combine my Pampered Chef business with a non-direct sales company?

No, you cannot combine your Pampered Chef business with a non-direct sales company. Pampered Chef's consultant agreement states that consultants cannot use the company's name, logo, or products to promote or sell any other products or services.

4. What happens to my commissions and team if I combine my Pampered Chef business with another consultant's business?

If you merge your Pampered Chef business with another consultant's business, your commissions and team will also merge. This means that you will now have a larger team and your commissions will reflect the combined sales of both businesses. It is important to communicate and discuss the details with the other consultant before merging your businesses.

5. Can I still earn rewards and incentives if I combine my Pampered Chef business with another consultant's business?

Yes, you can still earn rewards and incentives if you combine your Pampered Chef business with another consultant's business. As long as you are actively selling and meeting the requirements for the rewards and incentives, you will continue to earn them. However, the combined sales of both businesses will be taken into account for these rewards and incentives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Antoinette Neff
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • makeawhisk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • sillylittlechef