• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Bring Their Laptop to Conference?

In summary, the woman next to me at a workshop last year brought her laptop to the meeting and people were getting angry because she was using it. However, this year, with wireless internet at the hotels, most people will not need to bring their laptops.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Does anyone bring their laptop to conference?

I haven't but last year the lady sitting next to me at a workshop had hers and was typing notes. She was getting a lot of nasty looks, and I must admit, it was VERY annoying. It would have been nice to have one to check e-mail and maybe type up the notes at night, but I didn't miss it all that much...

Diane

I didn't even think of using it to take notes. I have no idea how I would balance it on my lap! I guess I was just thinking of email and that sort of thing.

I will be bringing mine to conf...really just to watch movies on the train and maybe to keep up and org. the conf info.

:rolleyes: You could also get wireless internet at your hotel and if you have a digital camera you then send pictures to us and your cluster members so that we know the new products

Oh, but the wireless at the hotels is like $20 a day!!!! It's outrageous at the Chi Hilton.

I'm considering bring mine for notes in my room etc.
see you all there!

My Director brings her's so we don't all have to. I am considering it right now though.......my digital card for my camera can only hold 80 pictures and gosh I just don't think that will do!! LOL!!

Have a Pampered Day!

soonerchef said:
Oh, but the wireless at the hotels is like $20 a day!!!! It's outrageous at the Chi Hilton.

They actually charge for the wireless net at the hotels there? All the hotels I've been to the wireless net is free of charge.

I took it to conference last year. I thought the Palmer Hilton charged $10 per day but I could be remembering wrong.

I will probably have it with me again this year so my team and I can check emails at least one day. Most people probably do not need to take it with them. There's very little time to be on the computer anyway.

I also agree that it can be annoying when someone is taking notes at a meeting with their laptop. Personally I would be afraid that my battery would die... lol.

I was considering it, but then I figured out how to check email on my phone, which is included in my plan. The phone is also an MP3 player, so the iPod might even stay at home :)

1. Can I bring my laptop to conference?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your laptop to conference. It may be helpful for taking notes, accessing online resources, or staying connected with work or personal matters during breaks.

2. Is there wifi available for laptops at conference?

Yes, there will be wifi available for laptops at conference. We understand the importance of staying connected and will provide wifi for your convenience.

3. Are there any restrictions on laptop usage during conference?

No, there are no restrictions on laptop usage during conference. However, we do ask that you are respectful of others and refrain from using your laptop during workshops or presentations.

4. Do I need to bring my laptop charger to conference?

Yes, we recommend bringing your laptop charger to conference. While we will have outlets available, it is always a good idea to have your charger on hand in case your battery runs low.

5. Will there be designated areas for using laptops during conference?

Yes, there will be designated areas for using laptops during conference. These areas will have access to outlets and wifi for your convenience. Please be mindful of others and keep noise to a minimum in these areas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sharpechef