• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in 10in Skillet: Tips & Tricks

In summary, to make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need a box of chocolate cake mix, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of water, 1 cup of chopped pecans, 1/2 cup of caramel sauce, and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Before making the cake, preheat your skillet on medium heat for 3-5 minutes and coat it with oil or cooking spray. You can use any type of chocolate cake mix or a homemade recipe. To prevent sticking, coat the skillet with oil or cooking spray and sprinkle flour or cocoa powder. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean or the edges start to pull away
janel kelly
Can I do the turtle fudge skillet cake in the 10 inch skillet? Maybe I could do it with a smaller box of cake mix? Has anyone tried to use the smaller skillet and how did you adjust the recipe so it would fit. Thanks!

Tried itBefore I had the family skillet. It didn't turn out as nice. You have to cook it quite a bit longer for it to cook in the middle and the edges get a little crunchy. After trying it at one show I was in a hurry to get the Family Skillet. It is expensive, but well worth the investment!

Have you tried it in the 10" skillet? What were your results?

Yes, you can definitely make the turtle fudge skillet cake in a 10 inch skillet. You may need to adjust the ingredients slightly to fit the smaller size, but it shouldn't be too difficult. If you're using a smaller box of cake mix, you can simply follow the instructions on the box and adjust the other ingredients accordingly. For example, if the box calls for 3 eggs, you can use 2 eggs instead. As for adjusting the recipe, you may need to decrease the amount of batter and toppings you use. You can also try cutting the cake into smaller pieces to fit the smaller skillet. I haven't personally tried using a smaller skillet for this recipe, but I've heard from others that it works just as well. I hope this helps and good luck with your turtle fudge skillet cake!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

To make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 cup of chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup of caramel sauce
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips

2. How do I prepare the skillet before making the cake?

Before making the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need to preheat your 10-inch skillet on medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Then, using a brush or paper towel, lightly coat the skillet with vegetable oil or cooking spray.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake mix for this recipe. You can also use a homemade chocolate cake recipe if desired.

4. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet, be sure to thoroughly coat the skillet with oil or cooking spray before adding the cake batter. You can also sprinkle a light layer of flour or cocoa powder on the bottom of the skillet before adding the batter.

5. How do I know when the cake is done baking?

You can check if the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. Another indication is when the edges of the cake start to pull away from the skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies